Another Vendetta

Another Vendetta
written by: Itz tha Dreila (me)
rated: i dont know.. its not that violent, not really any bad language.. not really too sexual

Chapter 1 – Part 1

V lay on the bed in his home, Evey sitting beside him. Blood was dripping onto the sheets, and V’s pain would soon end his life. Slowly, but painfully, the bullets had caused his breath to be taken away. Evey held his hand tightly as he slipped away. But all of a sudden, she heard something, as she began to close her eyes.

“Evey…”

She looked at him with amazement - his life wasn’t over yet, it was just beginning.

Oh, the beauty of this life will never be found in this land, Evey thought. She knew she must get away from London before her greatest fear would become real. This world, once broken, always broken, Evey thought, as she held V’s hand and kissed his masked face.

“I can’t let you die. You gave back life where life never had a chance.”

A single tear fell from her cheek, with more to come, many more to follow.

V tried to stand up, but she stopped him.

“No, I’ll get you whatever you need,” she said and then smiled.

“I’m okay, I’m brilliantly well,” he said, laughing.

Evey got into bed with V and grabbed his hand again.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yes, I’m better than ever.”

“No you’re not. You’re bleeding.”

She ran to the bathroom to get more towels. When she came back, she began to take his clothes off. “I hope this’ll do it.”

“I’m really okay.”

“You’ve lost a lot of blood, and me not being much of a nurse…”

“It’s really okay, Evey.”

She began ripping the towels and wrapping them around him.

“I love you.”

“I love you too, Evey.”

V had this look about him, something was so very attractive about this masked man. She didn’t see him as a danger, more as a protector.

She laid on the bed next to him and kissed him. He was everything she wanted him to be.
Chapter 1 – Part 2

Evey went to the closet to find V something to wear, but to her surprise, all his clothes looked the same. He has no sense of style, she thought, as she looked through his closet. But without thinking, she took out a black shirt and pants and walked over to V.

“Help me over so I can see.”

“You should rest,” said Evey, as she handed V his clothes.

“There isn’t much for you to see.”

“What do you mean?”

“I was in a fire once.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she said, coming closer and closer to him, so that her lips almost touched those of the mask. “I love you,” she paused, “But what do you normally wear?”

“Exactly what I’m wearing.”

“When you’re well I’m gonna take you shopping.”

V laughed.

“I’m serious,” Evey said.

“Why?”

“If we go out in public you’ll scare people.”

“You don’t really want to see me without a mask, do you?”

“Yes, I do,” she said, as she kissed V’s masked face.

“Okay.” He began to lift the mask off his face.

“You’re so…”

“Don’t leave, please.”

“You’re beautiful.”

“I have another mask, the same one, get it out please.”

“You don’t need it.”

“It makes me, well, me.”

“Okay.” She gave it to him.

He began to get dressed.

Chapter 2

The next morning, V woke up to find himself in his boxers and nothing else. Evey was laying next to him, sleeping. He just lay there, happy as he could ever be, realizing that the feelings he had taken away for so many years finally had a purpose. He had forever allowed himself to be free of his true feelings, and now saw that had prevented him from having any piece of a true life. He felt sad though, for some reason, because he knew if Evey didn’t truly become to love him, no one would. But through every nightmare, she did. And V could no longer allow himself to slip back into that world of no feelings, even to protect himself from the pain. He would rather feel something than feel nothing at all, he thought, as he lay next to Evey, who was still sleeping peacefully in bed. V knew that if they didn’t leave London, they would both die a painful and horrible death, which he wanted for neither of them. He knew the only solution to this was, in fact, to leave London, forever, before the worst could happen.

V began to get dressed, being extra careful as not to wake Evey. He put on his gloves and mask and grabbed his sword, as if he was going off to a battle somewhere. Only, instead, he was going off to battle a suite of armor. He swung his sword at the suite of armor as if it was about to fight back at him. Evey awoke only to see him fighting with the suite of armor, and she began to laugh. V looked back at her, put down his sword and went over to her.

“I see you’re feeling better,” said Evey, as she got out of bed. “Would you like me to make you some breakfast?”

“I should be asking you that,” he said, taking her hand and beginning to dance with her.

“Well, in that case,” she said, not refusing the offer of the dance.

They continued dancing for almost an hour, and then V finally directed her over to the kitchen.

“What would you prefer? I can make just about anything,” said V.

“Anything would be fine,” said Evey, noticing his mask was smiling more than ever.

“Okay, toast it is then,” V laughed, “are you sure?”

“Yes,” said Evey, as she sat down.

He made toast for both of them and then sat down at the table.

“What would you think about moving out of London?”

“Wha…?”

“We can’t stay here, Evey, it’s too dangerous.”

“I suppose we could just go across the North Sea.”

“To where would you prefer?”

“I’ve never been to Amsterdam.”

”Neither have I.”

“Should we go then? And how shall we get there?”

“It’s the only place in the world left with any kind of freedom. I suppose we could find a ship to sail.”

Evey laughed. “Shall I call you captain V?”

“Sure,” he said, while eating his toast.

After they finished eating, V directed her over to the closet.

“We’ll have to pack some things.”

“Like?” She began to laugh.

“I have more things, somewhere.”

He pulled down a stairway that led to somewhere above V’s home. It led to a small attic where there was many old clothes, masks and costumes. V pulled down a box from the shelf.

“Here. Look in here,” he said.

“Okay.” She opened the box, and inside was a beautiful red dress.

“Put it on. I want to see if it fits.”

She began to undress. As she put it on, she realized that it did fit.

“How did you know my size?”

“Magical, I know.” He giggled.

“It’s beautiful,” she said, as she looked in the mirror.

“It looks great on you. Shall we dance, one last time as we’re here in London?”

“I’d love that.”

They began to dance.

Chapter 3

Evey looked over at V, who was busy looking in the closet for something nice that he could wear. Suddenly he pulled out an antique box and opened it. Inside were clothes. More clothes, Evey thought, only they weren’t for her. They were V’s clothes. V lifted out an old black tuxedo.

Evey smiled. “So you do have more things to wear…”

“Indeed,” he replied, as he began to take off his clothes and put on the tuxedo.

“Where are we going today?” She wanted to know, since it seemed it would be somewhere special.

“Today we will leave London, and begin somewhere new.”

Evey smiled and went over to V. She kissed the face of his mask and took his gloved hand.

“I love you,” she said.

“I love you too,” said V, as he again began to dance with her.

Their new lives were just about to begin. But where would it take them, she thought, as her mind wandered into a near-dreamlike state and she began to see everything she wanted to see. She saw herself living a peaceful life, and that made her happy. However, she also saw corruption. Corruption, oh so strong. Corruption, oh so weak. Corruption was everywhere - across the seas, across the oceans. This corruption was too much to acknowledge. But she wasn’t afraid, no longer was she allowed to fear. But she knew that there was no place to be desired for much more than London ever was.

Suddenly, she was walking, running, with V to find a ship. Was this what would take them to their new home? I guess so, she thought, feeling a little frightened.

On the way, V and Evey witnessed many people stealing ships. V was hoping his was still there. And it was, fortunately. They were on their way back to their old lives.

She spent the whole time on the ship hoping she’d make it there alive. And she did, surprisingly. V was there the whole time standing by her side.

The night passed though quietly, and so did all the long days. London was far from sight and nothing would be able to take them back to their past home. Everything had changed now, and Evey was prepared to forget about everything in her past. V was with her, and that was all that mattered. But was worse to come? Evey remembered her vision that nowhere was safe. And she knew it was true. But for how long could she deny knowing the deadly truth? Was her desire to have a ‘perfect life’ too strong to hold back? It was.

By the time they’d gotten to Amsterdam, it had been weeks of no sight of London. Now their lives were about to begin again, for the better or for the worse. Neither V nor Evey knew what to expect of a place they had never been, only heard of.

Evey helped bring the ship to land, and V got off. He looked around, only to see building after building had been destroyed. There was still smoke in the air, due to the large amount of bombings. The black fog hung in the air like a snake, waiting to strangle its victims.

“Where are we to go now?” Evey wasn’t sure. She knew that now she had been right, the whole world was a nightmare to live in.

“We can go back…”

“And die? Are you insane?”

“We have no choice, Evey. There’s nothing here for us.”

“I know,” she replied, beginning to cry.

“It’s okay, we’ll find our way,” V told her, as he came close to her and held her in his arms.

“But where are we to stay?”

“We’ll find a place,” said V, directing her towards the nearly destroyed city.

Wherever they could possibly end up would never be as peaceful as London was before corruption overtook it. Evey knew this, but saying nothing, she went with V, in hope to find something better for the both of them.

Chapter 4

Through the day, they had found nothing but burned down buildings everywhere. But V and Evey weren’t part of London anymore, so to go back would only lead to prosecution by a new government that would soon take place.

As they walked around the destroyed version of Amsterdam, they found a canal house that was still standing. But were they to go inside? To disturb whatever or whomever was living inside? Evey opened the door, which was unlocked. V walked in, Evey followed. Inside was emptiness filled with nothingness - no one to be seen anywhere.

Everything was just beginning to make sense to her. The whole world was corrupted and destroyed. Vindictive powers and forces destroyed this world that had been created by those who had faith. But their faith was destroyed, and the people who followed them were murdered, put to death by forces of pure evil. These were victims of hatred. A hatred so strong that it destroyed everything, everyone in the world it lie within.

“I want to go back to London,” said Evey.

“We can’t. We can’t go back,” said V.

“I know,” she said, knowing the worst that could happen.

“We’ll keep on walking until we find someplace to stay.”

“Okay.” Evey began to cry, once again, knowing peace was too much to ask for.

They went on walking, walking until their day was done. As it began to get dark, they saw the lights on in a small home. V walked up to the door, opened it, and showed Evey the way inside. He followed her. Inside was a woman and her three small children. The woman began to cry, fearing they had come to take away her children.

“It’s okay, ma’am. I’m just here looking for a place to stay, with my lovely lady. Would you happen to know of somewhere we could rest?”

“Yes, sure,” she replied, directing them to the back bedroom. It was a small, quaint little room, Evey thought, as she set down her things and walked over to the table the woman was sitting at and sat down next to her. V took a seat on the couch.

“We came from London,” Evey said, not sure of the right things to say.

“This is my first year here. I came from Russia with my three daughters, the corruption there is by far worse than in London. But this – this place – it’s completely demolished.” She began to shed a few small tears.

”Oh, I’m sorry, ma’am. In London, you see, the government was overthrown years ago. They took over through fear and brought back the same fear that was ignited during World War II.”

“I heard about it. Never saw it, only heard rumors. And the terrorist?” She pointed to the man on the couch, V.

“Oh,” she laughed, “he’s no terrorist.”

“Only a joke,” replied the woman. “Would either of you like some dinner?”

“Yes, please,” V sat down at the table, next to Evey.

“You may stay here as long as there’s no trouble,” said the woman.

“Mommy, that’s the man,” said one of the girls.

“They all find you quite amazing,” said the woman.

The girl went over to V. “Can I have your autograph?”

“Sure.” He took out a piece of paper and wrote his signature on it. Then, handing it to the girl, he said, “He you go.”

“Your name is just V…?”

“Yes,” replied V.

Chapter 5

It was morning and V woke up to find himself still in that small quaint room with Evey. His arms were wrapped around her. He felt the best he’d ever felt in his entire life. Evey woke up then, too, to see V holding her in his arms, laying his head on the pillow, resting in paradise – though this place was far from it, it just reminded him of it.

Evey got out of bed and went to see if the woman and her children were awake yet. She still did not know any of their names. But to her surprise, they were.

“What’s your name?”

“Chrissy.”

“What about your sisters?”

“Jess and Mel. Mel’s the oldest, Jess is a year younger than me.”

“How old are you?”

“I’m eleven years old. Jess is ten, Mel is twelve.”

“And your mother’s name?”

“Katrina,” said the woman, “Where’s your…”

“You mean V? He’s in the bedroom. He’s tired from this long journey.”

“I bet, would you like some breakfast?” Katrina smiled at Evey and asked her one last thing,
“What’s your name?”

“Evey Hammond.”

“Welcome to Amsterdam, Evey,” Katrina smiled again.

V came out of the bedroom. “Hello everyone.”

“Do you mind telling me a little about yourselves?” asked Katrina.

“No, of course not,” said Evey, “You see, we’ve come a long way, hoping to find a new home. And we’ve found nothing, so far.”

“You’re welcome here as long as you like. Though, I suggest that you stay clear of the rest of the people here. They can be quite dangerous, as I’m sure you’ve seen.” Katrina made sure her point got across, but she could tell that neither of them understood what she meant. “Amsterdam is pretty much a ghost town now, but there are still a lot of insane townsmen here.”

“I’m sure it’s nothing we can’t deal with,” said V.

“Really? Why’d you leave London then?” Katrina knew they were afraid.

“Well, yes, we were afraid. Because you see, I’m in love with this wonderful lady, Evey, and I don’t want either of us to die that way.”

“Understandable,” said Katrina.

Chapter 6

Standing here, watching the remains of the city burn down again. The rage within the people was nothing anyone could ever imagine. So much rage, so much hatred – where did it all come from? Evey knew Amsterdam was more of a danger than London ever was, but she didn’t know what to do. Where would they go? Where would they leave to? All she wanted to do was lay beside V and forget all the painful events of yesterday. But where would tomorrow take them? They could leave to somewhere else, but where to? Evey was uncertain about everything. She began to feel lost, afraid of everything again. She thought she had overcome her greatest fears, but in the end, everything was still the same. There was nowhere for them to go. Nowhere safe. Every place from here to China was corrupted and destroyed so that nothing could ever save it from falling into disaster. The world became a horrible, awful place to live. Almost impossible to survive, though these experiences never forgotten. Every country was at war with another. Every person, every soul was fighting for their lives, their freedom.

Katrina was right, they must leave, but she couldn’t leave Katrina and her three children behind, could she?

“We all believe, for a moment, that life could once be perfect. But then in later years, we learn that is now impossible,” said V.

“I want my children to grow up and see the beauty of this life,” said Katrina, almost in tears. “I want them to see the happiness, not the sorrow.”

“We all wish that, but I’m afraid the whole world is sinking into the sadness and despair of war,” said Evey, wishing she could go back to England and see that some kind of happiness still existed within the walls of its people.

“I want my children to know what it’s like to live freely, but we’ll never have that. That day will never come,” Katrina cried. They’d never seen her cry before, but her children looked as though it happened every moment, every day, or most of the time.

“I want to find a place, a place that isn’t corrupt or destroyed,” said Evey.

“Soon, someday, the world will be a better place,” said V.

“How do you know that?” Katrina was still crying.

“I will be part of the new world. And so will you,” said V.

“How?” Katrina looked at V as though he was insane.

“We must change the way people’s minds perceive the world around them. We must give back freedom to those it was taken from. Maybe then, just maybe, the world will be a better place,” said V, as he took Evey’s hand. “We’ll leave this place together. You, too, Katrina, and you’re children.”

“Are you serious? You’re insane. We can’t leave. We’ll die,” said Katrina.

“We made it here alive, we’ll make it back alive,” said Evey.

“Okay,” said Katrina, “we’ll pack some things.”

“Great. I’ll bring you back to our home,” said V, “It’s the safest place we’ve got for now.”

“Thank you, thank you. This is the best gift you could have ever given me,” said Katrina.

Chapter 7

In the morning, Katrina and her children went with V and Evey to their ship that would take them to London. As they boarded the ship, V directed them to the bottom of the ship, where they could sleep. There were two rooms, one that had a queen bed and one that had 2 twin beds. Evey and V stayed on the top of the ship.

Evey was happy, now that they were going back to London, but she knew it wouldn’t be any better than it was when they left it. Unfortunately, London had been corrupted. London had been destroyed. But was V to save it? She did not know what his plans were.

But as the nights and days went on, Evey found herself wondering why they were going back to begin with. V must have had plans to free London. But would it ever be safe again? She began to wonder what was going on in his mind at that very moment.

“V?” Evey knew he was sleeping, but she had to wake him.

“What, Evey?”

“What is the plan?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” said V.

“Don’t you have some sort of plan for London?” She hoped he did, so they wouldn’t die yet.

“I’m not sure what to do, Evey, but while I think about it, we’ll stay in my home.”

As all the moments went by, she knew it was over. She knew there was no way they’d survive. How could he save the world from corruption? How could he prevent it from happening again? How could he bring back life where life never was? She wondered, as her mind continued to wander off the beaten path. She began to fall asleep, still wondering the same things as before.

When she woke up in the morning, V was laying beside her.

“V? Who’s controlling the ship?”

“Katrina. She wanted to help,” said V.

“Oh. Well, what can I do?” Evey wanted to know what her part in all of this was.

“Just lay back and relax,” said V, coming closer to her and taking her hand.

Evey took his hand and kissed the face of his mask. They were going home. But what was home to them - a place with nothing to offer? She didn’t know.

All she knew was, with V, she felt safe. And this safety was what kept her free of her fear.

As they arrived at the docks of London, more chaos had arrived with them. There were men and woman, fighting in the streets. There were children with guns. There were snipers on the rooftops. And worst of all, there were still followers of the old corrupt government.

Even when the parliament was gone, there was still chaos. What were they to do about it? Were they the ones who would end up saving the people from the corruption? Evey didn’t know. But it was for sure, that, V had a plan. In fact, V’s plan was to solve their problem forever and ever and keep London safe from all sources of corruption. But how was this possible?

V walked into the streets of the dangerous London, Evey and Katrina followed, along with the children. A man approached V, asking him where his son was. V said he didn’t know. The man pulled out a gun.

“Tell me where my son is, or I’ll shoot.”

V pulled out his knife. “Do you want to die?”

Katrina began to cry. The pain of this was too much for anyone to handle.

Evey went in front of V. “Don’t shoot. If you kill anyone, let me die.”

The man was shocked, and as of that, he ran, afraid of the fact that a woman would sacrifice her life for V.

“Well, I’m glad he’s gone,” Katrina said, out of fear.

“There are a lot of freaks in this city, and if you aren’t careful, they’ll get the better of you,” said Evey, remembering all of the experiences she had before she met V.

They continued walking back to V’s home, which was safe since it was underground. When they got there, Evey directed Katrina and her children to the guest room, which had two queen beds.

V began to make food for everyone. Evey walked in on him cooking.

“What would you like to eat?”

Evey sighed, “Oh, I don’t know. Toast would be good.”

“Toast it is then,” said V.

Evey sat down at the table and began to fall into a daydream. She imagined marrying V, and having children with him, for the first time in forever. But she knew it would be years before London would be safe enough for that. But in the end, she knew that V would always love her, and because of that, he would want the same. So, she thought, maybe someday the world will be exactly how we all need it to be just to get by in our daily lives. Maybe someday, she thought, sitting in her chair. Tomorrow would be a new day.

Back