Answer

YAY!!!

the fact that every reply i saw when looking for the chap said something along the linez of "yay they're getting married" kinda ruined the surprise but i don't care because YAY they're getting married!!!!

and Nadia's going to uni and I know nothing about american unis so i don't know if the one she's chosen is good but YAY!

Okay, it took 3 hours but I finally caught up with this story (from the beginning!!) I totally love it! If by some miracle they start working again, please PM me!!!

Aww she didn't get in :( But thats awesome now that Syd can use the money for her, she deserves it :smiley:

AND YAY!!! THEYRE ENGAGED :jump:

She turned slowly to face him, brushing a tear from her cheek as she did so. Then, she looked at him in disbelief. “I don’t understand…,” she uttered quietly.

“Don’t… understand….what?” he asked slowly, praying that she understood he was, in fact, proposing to her.

“Why you want me,” she told him quietly.

Awww *sniffles*

LOVED IT

Aly..x

Yay! He proposed and Sydney accepted.

It's sad that Nadia didn't get into MIT, but
she has a point. She can go to CalTech.
It is closer to home and she has a full scholarship.
That does leave money for Sydney to go back to school.

totally reminded me of rory from gg!
loved that he proposed, and nadia just had to come back in at that exact moment :lol: classic timing!!!
love it!

It was about time!!! I'm so happy that they got engaged :jumpy:
Nadia was so funny :lol: , I love her and the little things she says to Sydney and Vaughn :P

Thx for the PM

Chapter 25
For the next few days, Sydney contemplated what her sister had said. Since Nadia had a full scholarship and needed minimal financial support (at least school-wise), Sydney had more than a few thousand extra dollars. Going back to school had always been in her plan, but it was a backseat plan since Nadia was the main focus. Now that it was right in front of her as possibility, she couldn’t help but think about it, but she needed to talk to Michael about it before she made any type of decision. Unfortunately, bad news came before she was able to do that.

On Thursday afternoon, not quite a week after her father’s visit to Michael’s apartment, Michael called Sydney into his office and shut the door. Immediately Sydney could tell that something was amiss by his expression. “I just got a call from your father’s lawyer,” he told her.

“Oh god,” Sydney gulped.

“Now, it’s not a trial or a hearing,” Michael told her. “But he has requested a meeting with me.”

“What kind of meeting?” Sydney asked slowly.

“Well, it would be your father and his lawyer and you and me- assuming you want me to be your lawyer, but I have to tell you I don’t’ think you’ll find another lawyer with a cheaper fee – namely free,” he smiled.

She laughed softly, stood and leaned her forehead against his. “I don’t want anyone but you – and that goes for a few different levels.”

He smiled and kissed her. “Okay, so it would be the four of us and Nadia maybe… but anyway we’d be discussing our options.”

“Options?”

“Yeah… well I don’t think any lawyer would be stupid enough to actually suggest a custody switch, but you never know. Most likely he’ll be asking for the restraining order to be removed or visitation rights to Nadia,” Michael told her.

Sydney sighed, buried her face in his chest and pulled at the lapels to his jacket. “I don’t know if I can be in the same room with him… a-after what he’s done to me,” she sniffed.

Michael hugged her tightly. He had forgotten (well, not forgotten, but pushed out of his mind) what her father had done to her. “Syd, you don’t have to be there as long as you tell me what I am and am not allowed to barter with… I mean what do you want from him? What don’t you want?”

“I-I don’t know,” she stammered.

“Well it’s okay you can think about it and we can talk it over with Nadia. The meeting isn’t until Tuesday so we have some time. I just wanted you to know,” he told her.

“Thank you,” she croaked into his chest. He kissed her head softly.

After taking things over with Nadia, they decided that under no circumstances could custody be switched (which Michael already knew and wouldn’t let happen) but that visitation might be possible assuming their father was alcohol free. Other than that, Sydney left any other decisions up to Michael, saying that she trusted him fully.

Going into the meeting, Michael was extremely nervous. He usually wasn’t nervous about anything law-related, but he was also never that personally involved with his cases. He was fully confident he would be able to persevere over their father, but he was concerned that he would let his personal feelings get the best of him.

They had agreed to meet at Michael’s law firm, so Sydney and Nadia waited in Michael’s office while he met their father and his lawyer in one of the conference rooms. “Thank you for meeting with us,” their father’s lawyer, Mr. Thompson, said as he shook Michael’s hand.

“Where are the girls?” Mr. Bristow asked Michael.

“They won’t be joining us,” Michael told him.

“Why not!?” Mr. Bristow asked rather sharply. Then his lawyer tried to calm him down and force him down into one of the seats.

“They didn’t feel comfortable coming here,” Michael told him honestly. “But they gave me permission to authorize a deal of some sort.”

“Let’s get down to business, Mr. Vaughn,” Mr. Thompson began. “Now, my client tells me that his daughters are living at your apartment, come now Mr. Vaughn,” he chuckled, “I hardly think that is appropriate.”

“The girls moved in with me about six months ago after their apartment was broken into and Sydney was badly beaten, resulting in a concussion and her needing multiple stitches,” he said as he gave a glace to Mr. Bristow, who shifted uncomfortably. “I felt it was unsafe for them to stay in their apartment so they moved in with me as a temporary, emergency arrangement-”

“Six months is hardly temporary,” Mr. Thompson pointed out.

“If you would have let me finish, I was going to say that since Sydney and I are now engaged, it would be pointless for them to move, especially since Nadia will be leaving for college in a short period of time,” Michael explained.

“Engaged?” Mr. Bristow gasped.

“Yes,” Michael told him. “As you are aware, I wasn’t Sydney’s lawyer four years ago when she obtained custody of her sister. In fact, I didn’t even know her then. I am simply doing this now because they asked me to; they trust me.”

“Very well… now about custody of the younger sister, I realize you may be hesitant-”

“Hesitant?!” Michael barked. “You must be joking. That is absolutely out of the question.”

“What about the restraining order?” Mr. Thompson asked.

“Well, I’m hesitant on that, to be honest with you,” Michael told him. “I still feel that your client’s alcoholism is a problem.”

“He is sober now,” Mr. Thompson said.

“But for how long? And can you guarantee that he won’t have a relapse?” Michael challenged. “Let’s be frank here, the reason my client received custody in the first place is because if her father’s abusive nature.”

“There is no proof of that!” Mr. Thompson insisted.

Michael clenched his jaw to restrain from leaping across the table and strangling one (or both) of them. “No proof? What about the testimony of the girls covered in cuts and bruises? I alone can verify on two occasions that your client was in violation of his restraining order, not to mention the abuse that Sydney suffered during those violations both physical and emotional. My clients aren’t looking to press charges, though they would have every right to do so, all they want is some space.”

“So what do you suggest?” Mr. Thompson asked.

“Alcohol rehabilitation clinic, AA meetings and anger management groups in exchange we’ll lift the restraining order after those conditions have been fully met, but only if Mr. Bristow agrees not to harass my clients. He may see them, but only if they agree to and he shouldn’t be camped outside Nadia’s school every afternoon either,” Michael said sharply. “However, if Mr. Bristow fails to complete our terms or if his abusive nature returns, we’ll get another restraining order.”

Mr. Thompson leaned over and whispered into Mr. Bristow’s ear. They talked in hushed tones together for a few minutes before Mr. Thompson cleared his throat and said, “Yes, we’ll agree to those terms.”

“Very well,” Michael nodded as he stood. But before he could leave, Mr. Bristow spoke.

“Mr. Vaughn…. I just want to have my daughter’s back,” he said rather timidly. “They’re the only family I have left.”

Michael sighed heavily. “I’m sorry, Mr. Bristow,” Michael said honestly. “But you brought this on yourself and… they’re my family too,” he added before leaving and walking back to his office. Immediately, Sydney and Nadia stood and looked at him in a very uncertain manner.

“Nadia can stay with us. I said that your father needs to attend rehab, AA meetings and anger management groups and after that the restraining order will be lifted, but only then, and after that any meetings have to be approved by you or the restraining order is back on,” he told them.

Nadia gave a satisfied nod and Sydney crossed the room and hugged Michael tightly. “Thank you so much,” she sighed.

“Of course. I love you guys,” Michael told them.

“Aw shucks Mike, we love you too,” Nadia grinned. Sydney laughed and rolled her eyes.

Epilogue
“Michael, are you read- oh good god, what did you do?!” Sydney gasped when she saw what Michael had dressed their four-month-old son in.

“What?” he asked innocently as he smiled down at the infant-sized Met’s cap and little baseball outfit. “He’s adorable.”

Sydney couldn’t help but laugh as she shifted their three-year-old daughter Ava up higher on her hip. “Of course Christopher is adorable,” she cooed as she tickled his tummy and he smiled a huge dimpled grin (one identical to his mother’s) at her. “But this is not suitable for our family photo.”

“Fine,” Michael grumbled as he took out the white shirt and black pants Sydney had originally laid out for him to wear. Sydney laughed softly and kissed Ava’s forehead. The six, almost seven, years since they had married had been utterly blissful. The Fall that Nadia entered CalTech, Sydney went back to school as well and was able to pick up where she left off, except she changed her major so that she could be a legal aid and work at Michael’s office since they loved working together so much. The summer following his proposal, they were married, and then Sydney graduated and only worked about a year until she became pregnant with Ava, their green-eyed, sandy haired little angel.

While taking care of Ava, Sydney worked part time at the office, not because she had to though, but because she had been so used to working so hard, it was difficult for her to just stop suddenly. While she worked, Michael’s mother watched their daughter. Though Sydney and Nadia made peace with their father and would invite him to family holidays, Sydney never allowed her children to be alone with their grandfather. And, after what she had been through, Michael couldn’t blame her.

A year prior, they had discovered that Sydney was pregnant again and four months ago Christopher, their dark haired, dark eyed, spitting image of his mother, son was born. As of then, Sydney had no plans to return to working at the law firm since taking care of Ava and Chris became more work than working a few jobs combined. But Sydney didn’t mind, she loved being a mother, and a soon-to-be aunt. Nadia, who had married her college sweetheart just a year ago, was expecting.

“There, he’s perfect,” Michael smiled as he lifted up his now properly dressed son.

“Very,” Sydney grinned as she kissed his head. Then, she kissed her husband softly.

“Me next!” Ava squealed. Then both parents kissed her and she giggled loudly.

“This one’s perfect too,” Michael winked at Ava.

“Definitely,” Sydney smiled.

-fin-

:smiley: thanks for reading everyone :hug:
okay tonight (because of the PM situation suckage) i'll be posting a new fic but not for about 12 hours yet
anyway, like i mentioned before (or mabye i didnt) i'ts called More Than This and i'm not totally in love with it - it seemed better in my head - but i'll let you guys decided.
MTT is pretty short (12 chaps i belive) but after that i'm posting a very fluffy fic, The Right Time - seriously, i'm not even joking, there isn't one little speck of angst... at least not btwn s/v :D

PM LIST
47tttsv
6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
albob
Alias_Angel
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
aliasfan212
Aliasfan23
aliasisthebest
AliasSydney502
alizas
Alwazabrat
ams4alias
amlynac
Angel
angiverl
anji_alias
aprilsfool6
ashqua
atekamel
Bamse
ballerina
batman
benzmine
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
buckeyealum2000
catfishally
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
cupcake55
Crazy for Alias
dandan
derevkointraining

EJ11
Faye Vaughn
fieldstation
fire*N*ice
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
gtwallichs
gucci_94
hannahb
helpleessromantic
iheartvaughn
invisible
jadeygirl
Julia47Thorne
Kate_14
KAliasGirl
k-mila
lady alias
leelow13
les400coups
Lily Ella
LittleNicky
Lor_Aliasfan47
Lovygirl
luckylass
maddy28
Ms.MichaelVaughn
MH55995
Minttu
mightylittleone
mnkdance963
mountaineer_girl
Nadia Weiss
newyorkaise
Nancy O
Nicky_Bristow
pansarah1
Phoenixwannabe
PIpp
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
Remys24

Sarahmañana
shelley g.
sab-alias
sabbiee_co
saila_02
sarkattack
scullymulder1234
smartgirl2004
Silvinha
Soccer22vartan
sparklingrainbow
Spydrummer06
stealthy
stella1
SuperDuck123
superspy
SpyChic16
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney//vaughn
Sydney, Australia
sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
tubby
texasalias2004
tunita
ubielecki
UndercoverPhoenix47
vartan-lova
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnroxmysox
vaughn'sgal
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
wiseman
xMountineer02300844x
xxaliasluverxx

Hehe, I feel special. Man, when she said "Aunt" I kinda forgot she was here sister there for a moment. Wow. I'm out of it. I don't feel too good guys. :eek: *Points* 800!!!!!!!!!! Wooo.

I'm a handler. Lets have a handler party! :smiley: Online party! We'll have fake bubbly, so no-one goes home drunk! yay! *party* Fine. :( Don't party with me.
Man, I'm gonna miss this story... I think I'm gonna write one of my own soon... *nods* But nobody will read it... :(
Soooooo I'm cold... and I need to finish a question of Science. :P I'll see YOU later when you post your next fics... right?

-Nadia :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

Back