Season 5 Answers to some of those questions

Ok, to me the finale answered pretty much all of the major loose threads, but there were still some that have been left open/unanswered. I hope this means that a movie is still possible (even after JJ went and did M:I3, I'd still want him to direct an Alias movie), or even a spinoff... but most of all I want a story about Syd. But even if neither ever happen, I'm happy with how it ended. I'm sad to see it go, but at least Syd has a life away from espionnage. That has been her goal for 5 years.

Anyway, I found this so thought I'd post it for people who still have questions...

====================<o>=====================​

[ q u e s t i o n s ]

After Monday night's fantastic series ender, many of you fellow fans posted on our message boards the unanswered questions still weighing heavily on your minds. Truth be told, I really wanted answers to some of them, too, so I emailed executive producer Jeff Pinkner, who graciously emailed right back the following answers.

Q: In the finale, did Irina say, "Rambaldi is alive," "Rambaldi is love" or Rambaldi "is life"?
A: "Rambaldi is life...Through him we can live forever."

Q: What was the horizon?
A: The horizon was the Rambaldi-designed glass sphere that activated the pedestal in his tomb and then received the liquid from the hovering red ball.

Q: Did Irina fall on the sphere? In the final shot, one hand was bent behind her back after she fell. Could she have squished the ball but then have been resurrected by it? It did take a while to work on Sloane.
A: No, the ball rolled away, presumably recovered by Syd, who would have had it destroyed.
Q: Given the actions of Nadia at the end of the show, was she truly just a figment of Sloane's imagination/conscience?
A: She was his conscience. I think killing Nadia--whom he deeply loved--caused some sort of emotional/psychotic rift for Sloane.

Q: Is Sloane going to live forever under a rock, or is he eventually going to die?
A: Sloane is immortal, living forever buried 200 feet beneath the earth.

There you have it. The classified intel. (I'm gonna miss saying that.) Unfortunately, Jeff wouldn't tackle whether the highlighted letters in the city names or the number 47 meant anything, so I'll have to harass JJ Abrams next time I see him.

Sorry, all, there will be no chat this Monday because of Memorial Day. (I know, I know, I can feel your wrath festering through cyberspace, but trust me, it is not my choice! When the office shuts down, so does the chat system.) But I'll be back next Friday with plenty of scoop, including what's worth watching this summer.

Source: Kristin E!Online

Back