Anti-Drugs and Drinking

;) I have made a promise to myself and Good never to smoke and never to drink! It's awful to see ppl drown themselves in that, and to harm their bodies. Do you do that or do you stand up?

Amen. I'm totally against Drugs and Drinking. It's the fast way down. And kissing a guy who does that stuff? Blech. Not that I have but I can imagine.

okay, you have to be the BIGGEST IDIOT to smoke...seriously!!!!it doesnt do anything for you, it only takes years off your life, gives you a horrendous smell, yellow teeth and cancer...smokers are IDIOTS!!! :angry: lol, sorry, i get carried away with that subject

oh yeah, definitely drugs and smoking are disgusting. as for drinking though, i'd say i'm more of a social drinker. i really don't drink very much. i can probably count the number of times i've drank. and i know my limit (which is embarrassingly little). so, in that respect, i'm certainly not against drinking. but when it comes to drinking just to drown your sorrows, that's never a good thing. i mean, i'm having major problems with my roommates right now, but to use drugs or alcohol to "forget" about my problems is just ridiculous.

Bondgal2007 said:
I chose not to cause my grandpa died from it!
my grandpa is soooooo lucky. He drank soo much when my dad was a kid, used to abuse him and stuff(i guess it carried down a generation -_- ) , came home drunk with crashed cars...smoked his whole life too...he is now 80, and having to live with his choices, but he is lucky to make it this far with such a bad history..

crazy spinster said:
oh yeah, definitely drugs and smoking are disgusting. as for drinking though, i'd say i'm more of a social drinker. i really don't drink very much. i can probably count the number of times i've drank. and i know my limit (which is embarrassingly little). so, in that respect, i'm certainly not against drinking. but when it comes to drinking just to drown your sorrows, that's never a good thing. i mean, i'm having major problems with my roommates right now, but to use drugs or alcohol to "forget" about my problems is just ridiculous.
ya, same here, ill take the pledge against drugs and smoking, but not social drinking...i drink on occasion, and have only gone too far once... -_-

I'm a huge Anti-Drug person...but drinking on occasions I think is fine

and I'm going to leave it at that I'm innocent yeah sure, I never drank a slip in my life.....

~KM :angelic:

yeah, my friends and i are all very responsible when it comes to drinking. we all know our limits and never go over and we always have a dd (designated driver) when we go out.

you know, i think it's funny (funny strange, not funny haha) that america has so many more problems with alcoholism and underage drinking than europe even though america has an age limit on drinking while europe doesn't. maybe because it's the idea of something taboo and many teens are in that rebellious stage, i don't know. somehow, when things aren't allowed they become more appealing, i guess.

i am anti-smoking, i've watched a classmate of mine start smoking in 4th grade and it is pretty sad to see how she is now....drinking on the other hand, well i think social drinking is fine...in my school very few people will graduate without ever drinking and that is just a fact of life in small schools like mine but the people i hang out with generally don't drink very much....ND is the top state in underage drinking (or it was atleast) and there are reasons for that too, but i don't really see the problem as long as it is done responsibly (but i know for a fact that in some places, not so much in my town but in others nearby drinking responsibily hardly ever happens)

crazy spinster said:
you know, i think it's funny (funny strange, not funny haha) that america has so many more problems with alcoholism and underage drinking than europe even though america has an age limit on drinking while europe doesn't. maybe because it's the idea of something taboo and many teens are in that rebellious stage, i don't know. somehow, when things aren't allowed they become more appealing, i guess.
The reason why Americans has a problem holding our Liquor compared to Europe is because when the ppl are growing up they are how to drink responsible and moderately. Its in their culture. In America we make to be such a huge deal that ppl under 21 can't drink what is Kids going to naturly do rebel and drink underage. So Americans tend to be less responsible while drinking because no one has taught us to drink moderately or safely

~KM

SpyGurl001 said:
The reason why Americans has a problem holding our Liquor compared to Europe is because when the ppl are growing up they are how to drink responsible and moderately. Its in their culture. In America we make to be such a huge deal that ppl under 21 can't drink what is Kids going to naturly do rebel and drink underage. So Americans tend to be less responsible while drinking because no one has taught us to drink moderately or safely
that's a really good point too.

Well, I hate to admit it, but I've done them all. Drugs, tried it a couple of times (nothing hardcore, just pot) and it didn't really do anything for me. Smoking I tried once, and got so sick, I will NEVER do it ever again. And drinking is totally a social event for me. My friends are I will go out for drinks after work or hit a pub or bar on the weekends, but we hardly ever go hardcore. I personally don't see the point, and I hate the way I feel the next day when I do, so I try to avoid it.

I'm against it too. Smoking is okay (cigarettes, not drugs. I'm anti-drug), but I have no idea how people would want to harm themselves. I know they get addicted, but it's kinda common sense to not smoke in the first place. I'm never gonna start smoking.

Drinking is also okay if it's in moderation and if you're of legal age. Be responsible when you drink.
I don't drink, not sure if I will when I'm older. I hate the smell of it.

I do drink on a social basis ... not to get drunk, but to just drink ... I wouldn't say for fun, cause once you are drunk you are not having any fun ... believe me, been there done that ...

Drink in moderation, know your limits and be happy ... and I do applaud those who don't drink ... or did stop ... I tend to go on weeks without drinking, and then drink socially on my day off ...

Drugs? Been there, done that ... nothing for me ... I can't imagine getting addicted to those, but I know plenty of people who are ... lots of people getting killed because of their addiction ... if they want help, they will find it ... but once you start again, its very hard to stop again ...

As for cigarettes, did do that too ... but stopped ... waste of time for me ...
haven't smoked for a couple of months now ...

good for you, bondgirl! i've never drank, smoked, or done drugs. my gramps died of emphaseema (sp?) so i'll definately never smoke, and as for drinking and drugs, i like knowing exactly where i am and what i'm doing. not being able to do that would really scare me. i'm like 20% of my class who doesn't, too.... *sigh* i've never been to a 'party'. i guess if social drinking's your thing, that's fine, but i don't like anything that messes with your body or your brain. it's weird; i think the drinking age should be lowered like in europe so it wouldn't be such a big deal, but then if it weren't for the fact that prohibition failed so utterly i'd want it outlawed. weird, huh? i think cigs should be outlawed too but that would be hard to get passed because it doesn't mess with your head as much as drugs, or even alcohol does. remembers your designated drivers, everyone!

Back