Anti-Drugs and Drinking

What I don't understand is how there are so many laws about underage drinking and smoking, but no one ever seems to get in much trouble. I remember seeing kids from middle school smoking in front of the school... and talking to the police at the same time!! They never got in trouble... how come??? :blink:

i think the problem is that the more and more authorities try to make stricter laws about underage drinking and smoking, the more kids want to do it. it's paradoxical but it just seems that by throwing more laws out there, we're not facing the problem head on. i certainly don't have the solution to underage drinking and smoking, but i don't think it's by making more and more laws. i mean, i know an area where they raised the age limit for drinking and it didn't solve a thing.

crazy i agree with you, kids and teenagers and everybody finds it thrilling and more enticing when they are breaking the law, my one friend who smokes once she turned eighteen and could buy them, didnt find anything that special in it when she smoked it!i think that just proves that the laws are only keeping the rates up.

a lot of strong medicines like that have horrible side effects though. i agree with quietgirl - it should be legalized for medical reasons and medical reasons only.

anyone see the rerun of everwood on monday? the episode was partly about that.

Sadly, I don't think that there is a real solution to the problem. I guess one thing would be law enforcement. I mean, they spent all that money making the laws legal, but if it's too much trouble for the police or whomever, they don't bother to enforce them!! Weird...... :blink:

Back