Anti-Syd

Man... amazing episode!!! When Isabelle was coming, and Spy Mommy was coaching, I was in tears! I cried for the last, like 10 minutes of the episode. When Sydney was like "I can't do it!" and when she's like "I want to be with Vaughn! I miss him so much!" that just did it for me.

This isn't directed at Alias=Life. I was just reading the React thread for Maternal Instinct and I read THAT.

:blink:

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???

DID THOSE WORDS ACTUALLY COME OUT OF HER MOUTH?

I shall save my full rage for when I know for sure if she said that. In the meantime: :angry: :banghead: :cuss: :madfire:

yes, alas, she said that. and spy!daddy was all "think of where you want to be" and she's like "i'm on a beach. with vaughn." and then i vomited.
though i will admit, vaughn looked hot when they showed him all alive with the monks at the end.
i wish when someone died, they'd just freakin' die on this show.

m-c

i just don't like the "faith" part of it. i'm okay with the rest. she can go ahead and be angry but all "i would have waited" makes me go "ummm can anyone say DANNY?" he was dead, she buried him, what if he ended up being alive? rawrg.

btw- want to know what i hated about her tonight? she killed jack! she killed him! he's become annoying like her! i used to love jack and she killed him.

m-c
Gah! How did she ruin Jack? :thinking:

yes, alas, she said that. and spy!daddy was all "think of where you want to be" and she's like "i'm on a beach. with vaughn." and then i vomited.
though i will admit, vaughn looked hot when they showed him all alive with the monks at the end.

m-c

Geeeeeebus. The woman is a shell of what she used to be. She's nothing, really. A caricature. A joke. So. Hilariously. Stupid. Alias suckssssssssss. :happydance:

m-c

hay me to when i saw the pics i almost vomated as well..on the beach.. :angry: playing happy familes......omg
i gonna be very sad if that how alias ends..

oh and how syd gave birth,,,,,,,,,,i never been more shy in my life i could watch it..........know that jen gave birth to her own baby about 3 months berfore.......it was sick :cuss: i mean it like look at me this how i gave birth to vi

:cry: Byt... noooo! Whyyy? Why did they DO that to her? What in the hell are they thinking? Do they actually think she's a good character now? Do they think that she's IN character now? I'm sure labour makes you say some crazy things, but NO NO NO NO NO. That is not SYDNEY. ARGH. WHY did they have to completely rape and destroy her character? What happened to season one and two Sydney? She's been a mushy, wet pile of felgercarb for three seasons now, and I have decided to hate season three Sydney, because she led to THIS and I hate her for breaking.

What have you done, Alias writers? I'll tell you! YOU HAVE COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE CHARACTER OF SYDNEY BRISTOW. And apparently Jack, also. Because bastardising the main character wasn't enough, you had to frack with one of the few remaining good things about the show. Alias is dead. Forever. It's so tired of itself and its gorram cliches that even IT knows that coming back to life would be insane. Not to mention incredibly predictable.

m-c

*snort* Hee! That is one funny sentence. Vaughn having been alive and in a MONASTERY this whole time is even more ridiculous than the story I wrote where he was a Belgian mime.

Amen! Poor Danny. He's the only character of merit that's had only ONE death scene before dying. Apart from Lauren. But we had to see her cold, dead carcass again months later, so she doesn't count.

playing happy familes......omg
i gonna be very sad if that how alias ends..

I sincerely hope that 'ending with a bang' means an explosion that blows Sydney, Vaughn and little baby Isobelle into thousands of pieces as soon as they step through the front door of their suburban two storey, with the white picket fence and golden retriever inbuilt. And then cut to a close-up of someone putting away a detonator. And the zoom out so you can see it's... JACK! And he and Irina planned this all along, so that explains why he was being weird and stupid. And then he would lean over and kiss Irina and she would smile, and they would drive off into the sunset and we would never have to worry about Alias again.

The End.

I think I want on the Anti-Syd list. S.O.S. and Maternal Instinct were complete sh**. I didnt even pay attention much. Alias has gone done the poop hole and Syd, Irina, Jack, and every other character went with it. I still love Marshall. At least he hasnt changed.

I sincerely hope that 'ending with a bang' means an explosion that blows Sydney, Vaughn and little baby Isobelle into thousands of pieces as soon as they step through the front door of their suburban two storey, with the white picket fence and golden retriever inbuilt.
That would be effing unbelieveably brilliant. Almost Layer Cake-like, in a way...

I did not like that she and Vaughn got back together! I think that she shouldn't have forgiven him after marrying Lauren and all that! And that's one of the main reasons I started to dislike her character. I also absolutely hate the pregnancy/baby storyline too, so I basically hated her all season 5 too, but I'm hoping the last few episodes might redeem the season and her character.

I read the recaps for the last two episodes (yaaay, for TWoP). And the 'I miss him so much' thing probably isn't as heinous as I thought it was- in my head it's a screechy whine in the little girl voice, and I'm prejudiced. Meh.

I don't like this episode title: "There's Only One Sydney Bristow"

I don't have an incredibly specific reason, just... it irks me. I've never actually used the word 'irks' before. But it really does irk me. (Sorry, it's like, 1 am and I'm braindead and rambling.) :asleep:

I'm hoping the last few episodes might redeem the season and her character

:sigh: Wouldn't that be something?

Not to be a naysayer, but um... impossible. -_-

I just read an article about the show coming to a close, and it shocks me how highly the producers still deem it. They act as if S3, S4 and S5 didn't totally obliterate their entire premise from S1... They see it as "cohesive." And thus, they are on crack. :P

*sigh* Yeah, I know. That was just that last childish shred of hope talking. It's gone now.

I really do think that the only way I'll be happy with the end of Alias is if they all die.

Is that wrong?

:thinking:

omg no way - I actually said the same thing at the end of Season 4 - with the apocalyptic red ball thingy... I thought it would be perfectly fitting if they were ALL (I mean every character) obliterated. Except maybe for Sark lol who would be left to roam the earth, all his former employers dead. :lol: But at least he'd be able to get his inheritance back! ;) *giggle*

But in all seriousness, if the Bristows, Vaughn (gag), Nadia, Sloane, etc. etc. all died, I would find it a very fitting ending for the show. A respectable one, even. -_-

I sincerely hope that 'ending with a bang' means an explosion that blows Sydney, Vaughn and little baby Isobelle into thousands of pieces as soon as they step through the front door of their suburban two storey, with the white picket fence and golden retriever inbuilt. And then cut to a close-up of someone putting away a detonator. And the zoom out so you can see it's... JACK! And he and Irina planned this all along, so that explains why he was being weird and stupid. And then he would lean over and kiss Irina and she would smile, and they would drive off into the sunset and we would never have to worry about Alias again.

that basically makes you my hero.

yeah, sark shouldn't die. he actually came back last episode. i've only been watching it because i thought he would. and so they show i don't know this thing with sloane and then they show someone walking to where sloane left some secret thingy (can you tell i wasn't really paying attention) but they only show the body and they don't show you who it is and i literally scream "sark sark sark!" and then they show him and it is indeed sark, still looking hot and badass. but wait, this is supposed to be an anti-sydney thing not a pro-sark thing, so back on topic.
so anna was sydney there for a while. if you haven't been watching i can't really explain it, only to say that anna has been the best sydney since season three. she even beat up on vaughn for a while. then real sydney killed her. damn it.
but no, sydney has definitely ruined jack. she's made him into the mushy dad instead of the dad who sits outside the restaurant and calls and lies saying he can't make it. jack is supposed to be the second dad. i hate mushy!jack.

m-c

:laughbounce: I saw a smidgen of Anna-as-Sydney. Worst thing about the scenario is that Anna is dead now. She rocked HARD. :Punkrock:

Oh yeah can someone fill me in on how/why Vaughn is alive? I thought the SOB was finally gone for good lol.

vaughn is alive because it's alias and NO ONE EVER FRICKEN DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! right but i don't know, he was hiding out with monks in nepal or something weird. to recover. which means i think he actually did get shot that much but survived (please that would never happen) and got better and now i think all of apo knows he's alive. it's basically vile. (but he's still kind of hot)

m-c

Re: Finale.

So Syd and Vaughn got their happy 2.2 children, beach-house/summer-house/whitepicketfence ending.

Well, Whoo. frackin. Hoo.

That's not to say the woman doesn't deserve a happy ending after all this, but that? Not ending with a bang. That's ending like a damn fanfiction.

Anyway, good bye Sydney! You really lost it there in the middle. I wish you hadn't. Maybe then I would still care about the fact that this show is over. As it is: bye, Alias! Don't let the incomprehensible plot-lines, plethora of dead bit-parts, and Sydney's entire shoe and wig collection crush you on the way out.

*CRASH*

Whoops.

:Paranoid:

Oh well.

Back