Anti-Syd

I love Sydney, I think she's very hot BUT I'm very disappointed with the storyline for next season (Sydney being pregnant) so eventhough my girlfriend is going to hate me, add me to the list please. :smiley:

Can I join? :P I'm getting sick of Sydney and everything she does. Alias isn't what it used to be, and she isn't either. I loved the show so much in the first two seasons, and I didn't mind season three either, but season four :blink: how do I describe it? Weird and stupid. And Sydney's character has gotten boring--mostly because of Vaughn, but I'm not going to get into that -_-

Hi Leslie! 👋

Making Naughn evil and having Sydney being the one to get rid of him would fix many of the problems with Syd's character. I'm not sure if JJ would have the courage to do that remedy. :thinking:

ReedCordial bandit said:
does this mean you dont like jennifer garner either?
[post="1446382"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No, this thread is for Anti-Syd people only. <span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Although I personally do not much care for Ms. Garner. ;)</span>

superintelligentone said:
Hi Leslie!  👋

Making Naughn evil and having Sydney being the one to get rid of him would fix many of the problems with Syd's character.  I'm not sure if JJ would have the courage to do that remedy.  :thinking:
[post="1446466"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Precisely. I doubt it will happen tho.

I heard recently that ABC refused to allow JJ to kill off Vaughn. Which makes no sense to me, since it is supposedly the last season any, so why should it matter? It's not like people would really stop watching all that much, anyway (they underestimate the number of Vaughn-haters out there). And it would be so close to the end, ratings wouldn't really matter. :P

I don't know how I feel about Sydney.

In fact, while I still enjoy the show, I have found I don't particularly care about any of the characters anymore.

Which is why I'm not too concerned if Vaughn leaves.

Wow, I am going to have to agree with all of ya'll. Syd just sucks nowadays. I think it had to be the second half S3 that I started noticing that she was becoming a robotic boring little agent. I have no idea how her character can be rectified.

Sign me up! After seeing the Season Four premiere... *shudders* *and again* *once more*👎 She was just gross and sl**tish and stupid stupid stupid and annoyed the deepest hell out of me. Rant time:

Ugh, "We need to take it slow." Right, Sydney. Right. We know that in five minutes you and he will be - oh there you go. And don't use that 'he saved my life' excuse, you're a SPY. He's your partner/coworker. OF COURSE HE'S GOING TO SAVE YOUR LIFE. And I don't see you jumping Dixon or, god forbid, Jack so SHUT UP. I realise that she never SAID that was her reasoning, but it was implied - if it wasn't a flashback. :nonono:
ETA: I wasn't sure about the whole 'flashback or no' thing. It's worse if it was a flashback. It's like "We need to take it slow..." One, Mississippi, Two, Mississippi, Three, Mississippi. "Come on in!" (BTW how many fricking 's's are there in Mississippi?? It's ridiculous!) My point is, I was trying to give the show/ Sydney and Vaughn's self control the benefit of the doubt. Remind me not to do that anymore.

And the costumes! Ohh the costumes. :banghead: You know, JJ and co, some of us don't LIKE seeing Sydney running through the streets of Chinatown, LA (Shanghai? Riiight) in what appears to be either an extremely perverted male's version of a Japanese anime schoolgirl costume. Or as a Swedish *h**e. I wanted to throw up. I did in fact turn away from the TV in disgust. My Alias, what have they done to you? :cry:

Why was she acting like such a BRAT too? Yes, we realise that you've been tricked into this whole APO doosiwhatsit and you thought that it'd be all different and you'd get to meet all new people, but really, what fun would that be? So Sloane is the head of it all. Deal. And please refrain from snarking after EVERY comment Sloane makes. Do you see the others acting like sullen teenagers? :nonono: There is nothing you can do about anything so stop it. Just because visibly hating Sloane will no longer get you killed, it doesn't mean you should be so very Junior High. Be mature; picture him as a monkey like everyone else does. ^_^

Plus, she got herself caught and tortured. :doh: And forced poor little escaped Nadia back into the spy life. And she apparently wasn't born solely to be a spy/rambaldi experiment, which would have been all kinds of cool. There's nothing interesting there any more.

To sum up: I wanna join. ^_^

Phew, rant over. I feel better now. :smiley: And I had so much fun with the emoticons. Hee. :D Hee!

Cyd&Vaughn 4 ever said:
why do you guys hate syd so much i think that she is awsome!!
[post="1456936"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I hate the woman she's become, which is boring, sort of depressed, and a crybaby. I hate what the S/V relationship has done to her, and everything she does in season four. If she dumps Vaughn, leaves APO and stops being so boring, I might like her. But this season, her character is so bland and all she does is have cheesy, dumb S/V moments. Where's the action?

Oh no, I came to this thread thinking you guys were crazy. But after lots of readng, you guys are so right!!

The Syd/Vaughn relationship is dumb! At the beginning of season 3, it's clear Vaughn still loves Sydney and vice versa. (Vaughn's dream that ended where Sydney stabbed him, the time they kissed in Korea) But he stays with Lauren and does go to Sydney until he see's that Lauren is evil! So it's kind of like Sydney was his back up. And Sydney let him do that! Sydney does not need to be a back up.

^and that commet up there about Syd not taking it slow just because Vaughn saved her life. TOO true! I don't see her thanking Dixon at all. Maybe there's a "thanks".

AHHH I better leave before I start hating her more. I don't want to!! Look at what you guys did!! :nonono: Ok I know it's my own fault, but it's easier to blame people.

Cyd&Vaughn 4 ever said:
why do you guys hate syd so much i think that she is awsome!!
[post="1456936"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
you know that's what I thought too... I honestly came in here with every intention to ask you all the same question but I've read all your posts and you know what? I'm actually turned

I don't know.. like in season one and two, you see this strong, determined woman who is fighting every second of her life to bring down SD-6 and now? well look, all I've seen is the first episode of Alias and oh GOD was her character written horribly!

She's just turned into this... broken woman and I mean yes, it's sad that Vaughn was with Lauren for all that time, yes it's sad what Jack did to Irina, yes it's horrible that Sloane is head of APO (I personally LOVE it!) but does she need to be SOOOO damn emotional about everything?

I also don't like how they make her go through SOOO many near-death experiences and she always survives :rolleyes: I mean c'mon, get real

so whoa... I never thought I'd actually say all of that, but sign me up for the club!

:happydance: It's great to see people thinking this through as much as you guys. :D

:welcome: x 1,000,000. ^_^ I've added all three of you (Hyp -- wasn't sure if you wanted to be added; if not, let me know and I'll take your name off the list ^_^)

And yeah, we're anti-Syd for her own good, coz really, she pretty much RAWKED in S1 and S2, and then she just turned into this pile of goo... :blink: :lol:

Back