Anti-Syd

haha maybe.. but I'm curious to know why you like S5 Syd so much, especially with former Syd lovers jumping the boat this season... :blink: Do explain, if you want. :smiley:

strangely i take s5 sydney over s3 sydney. she's got a purpose again. and not just a whiny "i love vaughn" purpose. she's got a daughter (well, will anyway) and all that jazz. there's one single thing toward which they are working, one goal. it's better, still not good, but better.

m-c

Yes, she's got a purpose and for some reason I just feel like she's matured, like Buffy did. I don't know, I just feel like she's more appealing, like if I were a civilian or a young agent in danger, I'd feel more safe around S5 Syd then I would any other Syd.

Hmmm interesting... I can see the maturing part, definitely. (y) Take Badenweiler, for example... She would react much differently now, and probably have a backup plan. IOW, she'd probably mess up less. :lol:

I haven't watched the season, so you might have to help me... What is the one goal she is working toward? Raising her daughter, or something CIA related?

Wait a minute. Let's rewind a sec. Leslie, you said you haven't watched this season? How can you judge a character in an environment you haven't seen her in?

Ha, no it's slightly more complex than that. Prophet Five = People who killed Vaughn. Because of his father and something to do with Rambaldi. I think. It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

But Irina's back! So we smile, and nod and hope that Alias gets better again.

I watched some season three episodes last night. You know, back near the beginning of season three before Lauren is evil and Sydney dissolves into a complete mess. Back when you still feel sorry for her, rather than yelling at the screen 'Yes we KNOW you lost two years damnit but it feels like you've been angsting about that for ten so GET OVER IT!!!'

It was weird. I was watching and thinking, 'You know... she isn't so annoying here. And she was at least a little more restrained in her hatred of Sloane - or at least she had a good reason, since she just woke up.' (Bear in mind that I have never hated season three Syd.) Logic was still applicable! Scary, scary thing.

But the really scary thing? Season three seems GOOD compared to season four. Also, Sydney walks like a gorilla.

But the really scary thing? Season three seems GOOD compared to season four. Also, Sydney walks like a gorilla.

:lol: So true, Sydney looks like terminator in a dress ! I think her shoulders might actually be broader than Terminator !

I'm glad that Irina comes back, I hope we will get a lot of Jack and Irina scenes, they're my favourites ! If it could be without Sydney, it would be just perfect !

Compared to her mother, Sydney looks so plain and she is such an annoying brat, with such hot parents, I don't understand how Sydney can be so dull and bland !

:rotflmao: You're so right after I read that I tried to picture Sydney walking in my head. The small quick steps, the slightly swingy but stiff arms. And that expression. :lol:

Season three Syd didn't bother me as much. She was still the Sydney I admired up until the "I can't live without Vaughn" moments of s3. I especially liked it when she stabbed him! Too bad she was sorry about that... Season three Syd also has a reason to hate Sloane! Since she's finally out of sd-6 she can express her anger more, but season 4 Sydney seems to hate the "good Sloane" more than the previous Sydneys hated the "evil Sloane". Hmm. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, it has been awhile.

lol which season did she walk like a gorilla? coz you can't blame her in this season... she was pregnant after all. ^_^ I liked Season 3 Sydney until 3.02 -_- lol

Season three. Specifically in the one where she's first identified as Julia Thorne/stabs Vaughn... I can't remember the name. Oh, A Missing Link. At first we thought she was just walking like that because she was in character as bad-ass security expert. Oh, how wrong we were... At the end of Repercussions (next ep), she walks down a hallway away from Vaughn's hospital room and it's the SAME WALK.

I liked Season 3 Sydney until 3.02 lol

:lol: The first episode was so cool... she beat up Vaughn, went rogue, blew up a car, saved her dad AND got in the 'I would have waited' speech. If only it had lasted.

lol trust me, I've always hated "the Sydney walk," but I used to get tomatoed if I said anything 🍅

:lol:

Oh right, hmm from interpreting the finales I remember my first impression of s3 was that she was going to destroy the CIA. That was also my first impression of s4! Sydney is... was the revenge type person. I wanna see more of that. Even though if I see it now, I'll probably think she's over reacting. :P

:hi: Does anyone remember me?

Ok, I've missed a lot... I think I'm going to go back and read everything once again so I'm up to date...

Back