Anticipated Games....

What are peoples most anticipated games (ps2) coming out soon or in the near future.....

I sure have a long list and in no order.....

KILLZONE
GTA - SAN ANDREAS
T.H.U.G 2
BLACK (best game of 2005)
TIMESPLITERS 3
GOLDENEYE - ROGUE AGENT
GETAWAY 2 - BLACK MONDAY
SMACKDOWN vs RAW
NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2

And not confirmed but would not mind - Alias 2 - But the developers Acclaim have gone bankrupt in the last few days so it probabily will not happen...DAMN

Sorry...They have not gone bankrupt but that could face "possible bankruptcy"

There has been news on all the major webistes.

This was taken from gamespot on the 2nd of July....

Today, Acclaim released its earnings for the financial year ending March 31, 2004. The figures were grim: The company reported a net loss of $56.4 million for its 2004 fiscal year, with net revenues down $67.4 million from the previous year ($142.7 million versus $210.1 million).

While the FY2004 net loss was slightly less than that of FY2003's $84.8 million shortfall, it contained a disturbing trend. Nearly half Acclaim's losses--$25.4 million--were during the quarter that ended March 31, 2004. The shortfall also came despite the fact that the company raised $15.0 million by selling off convertible subordinate notes, short-term bonds convertible to stock, 16 percent of which it has since defaulted on.

Acclaim has also borrowed $5 million in short-term loans from GMAC Commercial Finance, General Motor's investment-banking arm. In May and June, Acclaim negotiated a series of loan extensions with GMAC, which will now expire on August 4. After that date, GMAC will no longer lend Acclaim any more capital, meaning it must find an alternate source of financing.

Acclaim's report says that it has "entered into a letter of intent with a proposed new lender for a $30.0 million asset-based credit facility, with an equity component, to replace the credit agreement with GMAC." However, the report does not name the lender, and it clearly states that, "there can be no assurance that the new credit facility or any other banking facility will be consummated."

What happens if this deal falls through? By Acclaim's own account, the consequences would be dire. "Failure to obtain a new banking facility would materially adversely affect the Company's operations and liquidity, and the Company could be forced to cease operations or seek bankruptcy protection." This scenario, according to the report, could see "the sale of assets or the consolidation or closing of certain operations, additional staff reductions, and the delay, cancellation, or reduction of certain product development and marketing programs."

Despite all the doom and gloom contained in the report, analysts still hold out some hope for Acclaim's future. "Acclaim shares remain a speculative investment until management demonstrates its ability to execute on its strategy of making fewer, higher quality games," said Michael Pachter of Wedbush Morgan, "[but] we believe that the company has a respectable lineup of games planned for release in FY05."

Besides the just-released Showdown: Legends of Wrestling, the titles Acclaim plans on shipping in the year are: 100 Bullets (fall 2004 - PS2, Xbox), Juiced (fall 2004 - PS2, Xbox, PC), The Red Star (fall 2004 - PS2, Xbox), Worms Forts: Under Siege! (fall 2004 - PS2, Xbox, PC), ATV Quad Power Racing 3 (winter 2005 - PS2, Xbox), Emergency Mayhem (winter 2005 - PS2, Xbox), and The Last Job (winter 2005 - PS2, Xbox). Acclaim is also publishing the remake of The Bard's Tale internationally.

Noticeably absent from Acclaim's summer release schedule is Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers, the PlayStation 2 and Xbox WWII shooter that was to be released in mid-July. The game, originally titled Airborne, was to be published by Interplay until BattleBorne took it to Acclaim. When Interplay filed suit in Los Angeles against BattleBorne in March, Acclaim reps said the game would be released in summer 2004 regardless. However, this morning, an Acclaim staffer told GameSpot that the game was "definitely delayed" and gave no tentative release date.

my most anticipated games are:
Halo 2
Kingdom Hearts 2 and advance version
FFXl expansion
Jak 3
hopefully if they decide to make one the next Buffy Game (or possibly an Angel one)
the next Resident Evil Game
and Smackdown vs. Raw

GTA: San Andreas, hands down will be what I'm waiting for all year. It comes out only 8 days after my birthday too, hehe, so now I have an excuse ^_^

I'm sorta lucky as my birthday is like a week b4 christmas so i can get most of the games i listed above...... (y)

But Killzone (october) and GTA-SA (november) will HAVE to brought b4........

even if acclaim went bankrupt some other company would by them for their name. just think about it, it happens all the time in the gaming world, atari they went bankrupt and they were bought by someone i cant think off hand and that company is using their name to release games. another one is westwood, westwood was bought by ea and became ea west or ea la im not sure. i would love to see ea take over acclaim, then if they did come out with alias 2 it would be easier to control who you were fighting and stuff like that.

Halo 2
GTA San Andreas
Battlefield Modern Combat
Star Wars Battlefront
Timesplitters 3
Killzone
Gran Turismo 4
Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil 4
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Andy said:
KillZone
Metal Gear Solid 3
And most of all, Jak 3 :D!!

I heard that Jak 3 will be the last one though :( :(.
NOOOOO Jak 3 can't be the last one! i played and beat both the first and second one. i own the first one tho i wished i had bought the second one instead since i like it better but i rent and beat Jak 2...at least Jak wasn't a mute anymore!

spy_girl21 said:
Kingdom Hearts 2
The Sims 2
and i like these to games...I have Sims Bustin out for PS2 and GBA sp and Kingdom hearts one was good but i can't wait for 2! it looks sooooo cool! and like evry1 else is sying...Halo 2 is gonna be great! i keep vs.ing my friends and then i fight split screen and its fun :P we just kill each other!

omg!! 1im sooooooooooooooooo obseed with the undergorund game?!! ne nned for speeds actually!! i cant wiat till undergorund 2 comes out omfg!!!!! is there ever gonig to be another need for speed hot prusit to ocme out ???????? or just a need for spped? wat r some othere goood racing games? i lolve the racing gameS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS2!!!!!!!!!

Not been a fan of wrestling for about a year but i have to say Smackdown VS Raw on PS2 looks absolutely amazing...

Graphics (y) Roster (y) Match Types (y) Create A PPV (y) Create A Belt (y) Plus much much more new stuff (y) Online...? :thinking:

I think that it maybe so good that it may become an essential buy for not just wrestling fans...or is that a little to far...!

Was on my "maybe" list of games to buy but has shot up the list...with GTA-SA and Killzone...!

Another game I'm really looking forward to is Prince of Persia 2. This game looks sooooo amazing. It seems November is taking forever to get to :(.

Arrrrgh, I want Jak 3 :lol:!!!

Back