any homeschoolers out there

I did a type of homeschooling a few years ago. I did home correspondence courses for half a symester when I was sick. The only real bonuses are being able to sleep in, stay in your P.Js and do your work on the coach. Besides that, it kind of sucks. The whole point of high school is socialization; thats where you learn about your own identity, weaknesses and strengths, and become an observer of others and their behaviors. PPL who don't go to high school probably lack social skills and will probably have less of a back bone. Also, college and University might be harder for them because of the new environment. Overall, allthough high school blows alot of the time, the benefits and experience are worth it.
-_- Message from a Toronto Cracker -_-

i homeschool. i actually like it better than going to a regular school cuz u learn more at your own pace and u get done at 1 w/ no homework. if u r worried about social stuff then u should join a homeschool group or do sports. granted u can usually tell if somebody has been homeschool for a while, but its not that way w/ a lot of em.

my cousin is homeschooled, she is 10 years old. I dont think my aunt is homeschooling her the right way though, because she is not interacting with any kids her age, she doesnt have friends, and she acts about 3 years old.

Back