Season 5 Any Vaughn hints?

Okay, JJ told us there were would be hints as to what's going on behind Vaughn's death, so I always look for clues in the episodes.
Did anyone think anything about Sydney's comment in the baby store that her husband has been great, wishes he could do more? Probably nothing, but I'd love to hear any theories. I mean, I would probably get tired of telling people "oh he's dead" too, so I may respond that way. But is there any chance he's really alive and that's why Syd responded that way?
Also, at the very end when Sydney is pressing the tape to her tummy, it passes her bed and there is an opened Manila envelope on her bed... could that have been where the tape came from? What do you think about that? Who sent it? And what mission was this on (obviously not one that we've seen)? Vaughn says "I'll talk to Langley" - I dont' remember Vaughn EVER saying that on other missions, so is it possible that he's alive and working with Langley right now?
Any other clues you all caught that I missed?

Hmm....i dont remember the envelope but it could have just been a recording from the CIA. Cause I am pretty sure they tape all conversations. I would also like to believe that there are signs that he is still around, but I think JJ just said that to screw with our heads. Esp with all the news about MV not returning:(

Hmm....i dont remember the envelope but it could have just been a recording from the CIA. Cause I am pretty sure they tape all conversations. I would also like to believe that there are signs that he is still around, but I think JJ just said that to screw with our heads. Esp with all the news about MV not returning:(
Nevertheless, I am keeping hope alive! It's much more fun!

Everyone is working with Langley, Langley is CIA headquarters :D

I notice that in in the baby store too, and i think there was a "hint" in the end when Rachel said she didn't get to meet him, Syd gave her a odd look.

I was thinking the same thing too...like foreshadowing. Foreshadowing about Vaughn is really the only reason I still watch, but if it stops, I don't know if I'll watch anymore, honestly. I appreciated all of Syd's references to Vaughn this episode (bc I was seriously disappointed by the lack of grief when he first died...though I believe Syd knows he's alive). Even though I think most people wouldn't tell complete strangers that their fiance died, I saw Syd's conversation w/ the saleswoman as foreshadowing. Maybe he DOES wish he could do more, bc right now he can't be there. Maybe later he will be! And her wanting her baby to hear Vaughn's voice, I suppose that's normal, even if he is dead, but maybe he isn't and she wants her baby to get used to his voice for when she/he does meet him! There have been sev clues throughout the season about Vaughn...like when Syd told her dad it's hard having him gone...not hard that he's "dead". But that might be reading too much in to it. Anyways, I guess the CIA just keeps tapes from comms coorespondence...very convenient for Syd.

Another thing I noticed, the pictures Syd has out of Vaughn are odd. She doesn't have pictures of them together, she has ones of Vaughn that almost look like she's caught him in a scene from the show. They had the same odd pictures in that season 4 episode where they move to suburbia and they photoshop pictures of them, and they are not even smiling, but they're in Rome or Disneyland or somewhere?! I know that was a crazy situation to begin w/, but I didn't understand why they display such "professional" looking pictures, instead of relaxed looking ones, like most photos are. Why don't they just take a second to take pictures to use for these situations. Just my tedious observations.

This is from the ABC's recap of the episode:

"Inside her apartment, Sydney sits in a rocking chair that she bought from a toy store, where, for a brief moment, she wistfully watched a father take care of his child. She then plays an old mission tape that Marshall handed to her before she left. With the sound of Vaughn's voice playing, she holds the tape close to her belly."

So that's were she got the tape from....

I thought this episode had some interesting Vaughn hints. Obviously we know things are decisively written. This both infuriates and intrigues me. I keep thinking... What is the end game? Still I don't trust TPTB/VBR not to toy with our emotions. Having said that...

Her choice of words in the store was definitely suspect. I mean, really? "He's doing great. He wishes he could do more." Well if we take that at face value... we already have our answer. I don't remember her ever being so evasive about Danny's death. And there were so many more tears...

More interesting, still, clues at the end... 'A bad guy with a beach, for at least a month, and he'll have to go with her.' That sounds more like a plan for the future than a conversation over comms. Maybe this is more obvious than we think. Perhaps taped conversations they have had over comms are being cut and pasted together to give her the "plan" for their reunion.

Not to sound spoilerish... but it seems likely they will be meeting on the beach sometime soon... Then again, the world of Alias just doesn't exist for me without Vaughn. :blush:

I noticed the envelope too. I was thinking that Vaughn gave it to her through the mail. But after reading that thing from ABC, I'm not so sure. But, maybe, Marshall got it from Weiss, who is working for Langley, (supposidly) and maybe he sees Vaughn every now and then, and Vaughn told Weiss to give that to Syd somehow, so Weiss gave it to Marshall, to give to Syd. It seems Vaughn would have a couple of Comm Missions at home, so when Syd is on a mission, and he can't stand being without her, he plays one of those tapes to hear her voice. But now he wants their child to hear his voice so he sent it to Syd. I don't think JJ would try to throw us off. If he said theres clues, theres clues. We just might not see them. I found about 6 in 'Prophet Five'. I still don't really think hes dead...but I do. I can't decide. All these things saying "Vartan isn't coming back" is throwing me off. But these clues in the show keep you wondering. don't they?

When Sloane and Gordon Dean talk at the pier, when Gordon was about to leave it sounded like he said "Call me when you find Vaughn"

Maybe it was just me lead to believe that :lol:

Another thing I noticed, the pictures Syd has out of Vaughn are odd. She doesn't have pictures of them together, she has ones of Vaughn that almost look like she's caught him in a scene from the show. They had the same odd pictures in that season 4 episode where they move to suburbia and they photoshop pictures of them, and they are not even smiling, but they're in Rome or Disneyland or somewhere?! I know that was a crazy situation to begin w/, but I didn't understand why they display such "professional" looking pictures, instead of relaxed looking ones, like most photos are. Why don't they just take a second to take pictures to use for these situations. Just my tedious observations.
Hee hee! I noticed the same thing, in one of the first episodes. The picture they show of Vaughn in her apartment are professional ones - weird, huh? Why didn't they take some cadid pics of the two of them and why doesn't she keep those?

I noticed Vaughn's pictures too. I thought, now how many of us have professional photos laying around our house??? I hate it when things are hidden in the show, then you feel like you're overanalyzing something. I can't wait to have Vaughn back though. I miss having him on the main credits. :(

Does she even have a picture of her and Vaughn together? She had a picture of her and Danny together in season 1, and they were smiling :lol:

lovely topic!! (y) and nice discussion going on!! here are my thoughts :smiley:

Her choice of words in the store was definitely suspect. I mean, really? "He's doing great. He wishes he could do more." Well if we take that at face value... we already have our answer.

i agree!!! (y) very nice clue from the writers!!! :smiley:

More interesting, still, clues at the end... 'A bad guy with a beach, for at least a month, and he'll have to go with her.' That sounds more like a plan for the future than a conversation over comms. Maybe this is more obvious than we think. Perhaps taped conversations they have had over comms are being cut and pasted together to give her the "plan" for their reunion.

Not to sound spoilerish... but it seems likely they will be meeting on the beach sometime soon... Then again, the world of Alias just doesn't exist for me without Vaughn. :blush:

very intersting! i was thinking it would have been nice if they had used a mission we recognised - maybe it was an we are all forgetting an old one :thinking: but maybe it was put in as a clue!! ^_^ nice thought!!!!

When Sloane and Gordon Dean talk at the pier, when Gordon was about to leave it sounded like he said "Call me when you find Vaughn"

Maybe it was just me lead to believe that :lol:

i relayed it four times to make sure - but he said "Vok". It did sound like Vaughn though ;)

Another thing I noticed, the pictures Syd has out of Vaughn are odd. She doesn't have pictures of them together, she has ones of Vaughn that almost look like she's caught him in a scene from the show.

this is way wrong right!!! :blink: like they couldnt have have a photo shoot or two where they posed for nice pictures toghether!!! i mean they got vaughn and lauren wedding shots taken for gods sake!!! the weird pictures from missions are just freaky and totally stupid!!!!!

Back