any1 know

Xblood

Cadet
well yeah yall can see i slowed down in posted my cusin let me hold his guild wars i been playing that and i got football practice so yupp :smiley: but anyway does any1 know how much percent HJ is done like 50% done? and what percent to games usualy go into beta like 85% done?

Simutronics has been pretty vague about their progress (not that I blame them; it's a good policy) so it seems pretty unlikely that anyone on these forums would be able to answer that. Of course if they can, then I'd love to hear it too.

As for the beta thing, they have the authority to hold a beta whenever they feel like it, but it would be impractical to do it before they have something resembling the complete version of the game. They'll probably do it once they have a reasonable rough draft. That's just my best guess though. Hope it helps. :smiley:

I'll just throw out some crazy guesses that I base on past experiance with mmos and their practices.

They just finalized their tools that they work with at the end of 2005. They do employ a number of content creation people as well on and offsite that can make content quickly though. Problem being is they don't seem to have finalized their classes abilities yet so it makes it hard to truely balance out scenarios(especially if quests scale with group size and number), but areas can be completed right now.

In honest truth I would say look at maybe July-August for a round of new beta sign-ups and early stages of beta beginning in October-December for the start of beta. I know it seems really pessimistic but I really don't see them releasing this year as it's just such a significant task to make a quality game especially of the scope they are trying to achieve.

I could be very wrong indeed, but things tend not to work so well when you try to implement things into an online game especially when this is your first truely graphical and fluid game you have made. They have spectacular artists though and I absolutely love the art direction it is so varied!

Alright, here... I'll throw out some information that some of you may find appealing. It's not giving any set dates so don't expect it, but it will give you some ideas.

Simutronics recently put out Hero's Engine during GDC. From that it has been raved to be one of the greatest engines for MMORGP's. Here's a quick fact. Simutronics is in the process of selling MULTIPLE licenses. Thus, more money, more revenue, more workers, faster game release.

Next item of business. I have been told that Simutronics is hiring more 'off-site GM's' to create more content faster. The waves are coming in quicker, with more people. Thus we are in the final stages in my opinion. Areas are being created, quests are being done, and missions are on the task list.

I was told by an unknown source that a lot of the system is being installed. You can now loot mobs with gear that they drop, and a lot of hte abilities are being put in now. Thus that tells me a few things. When you can finnally put gear on, that means that the artists are finalizing things to make it into models. Although few, the system is in place so now an army of artists just have to create textures, and models, and we have customization. The char creation I belive is almost compelted, and almost everything is set.

Soon my friends.. soon.

Oh please oh please let it be really soon! I want to play. I want to play!

But I'll let you guys in on a little secret. E3 is comming very very shortly. And with E3 much more information. For those that were following HJ at last years E3, you'll know that it was an exciting time to be a fan. HJ was being spoken about all over the MMO world. Perhaps this time it will be the same. :P Perhaps there may even be another bootleg-like video on the net. I hope so! :lol:

I hope their is more then a 'bootleg video'. I want a true actual footage video that is filmed with fraps or some program like that. We need some more information! However, in the next few weeks be looking forward to tons of updates on Hero's Hall!

Back