Anyone else think...?

Does anyone else think that Maestro is painfully uncomfortable in her role? I'm not sure if it's the dialogue that's written for her, or she just can't get into it, but I still find it hard to watch her after almost a whole season. It seems like she's not having a very good time. I'm not saying she should be happy-go-lucky, but I think she needs to sort of give in to the Alias universe, or something. Thoughts?

I think Mia is doing the best she can with what they are giving her. They definitely haven't used her to the best of her abilities. There are so many things they could have done with Nadia but they haven't. She is my favorite this season and I think Mia is doing an awesome job, she just hasn't had much to work with.

I totally agree with you, Garner, that Mia is doing the best with what she has. There have been SO MANY missed opportunities with the Nadia character this season. And now with [SPOILER WARNING]
<O> heehee couldn't resist
rumors circulating that Mia is only scheduled for three episodes next season (according to spoiler-fx) it's only going to get more 'uncomfortable' for Mia in the role, because she'll have even less time onscreen to develop her character. She's definitely a fantastic actress- you can tell by her expressions and the obvious emotion she puts into her role- and she's no doubt doing her best with what the writers have given her.

Maybe it's the writing, but Nadia hasn't been much of a force in the show. She doesn't seem to have much chemistry with anyone, including Sloane and a character that keeps apologizing to her big sister is not a strong character.

I was most intrigued when Sydney explained the significance of the Rambaldi sign, but that hasn't gone anywhere yet. I enjoyed the sister act episode and the quiet moment on the ship when the two were swilling a bottle of vodka after the mission was over. When the sisters do missions TOGETHER, they are quite formidable and fun to watch. But there hasn't been enough of that. And in the last 4 episodes, Nadia's place in the Alias universe seems to have diminished. Why?

And in the last 4 episodes, Nadia's place in the Alias universe seems to have diminished.
I also noticed that its like they are trying to keep her in the lay low untill the last few episodes but that seems like a dumb idea to me

I think JJ and Co. definitely missed an opportunity by not going with Sloane and Nadia as a team, as was shown at the end of S3. By throwing everyone together at the end of "Authorized Personnel Only", Nadia turned into Sydney Jr.

In S3, there was always an air of mystery about Nadia; was she like her mother? And her background, why she would take Sloane to find the sphere of life after what he did to her? By having her live with Sydney and being a part of APO, she is less mysterious.

Nadia seems to be searching for her family; always wanting to know about her mother and with a father who is kissing up to her. I was reluctant to accept the character when she was introduced in S3, but now that she's a part of the spyFam, I really wonder what the writers plan to do with her, because her storyline just doesn't seem to be working.

Back