Anyone here a current Simu game player?

Hey all, I see some of you are GMs/developers for Hero's Journey and it's excellent to have you guys posting here. As a Simu team member, have you/do you currently play any of their other games?

I played the character 'Shadowpuck' in Gemstone for years..got to know some great people that I'm still in touch with. I don't play anymore, but my account still exists and every now and then I'll re-sign up for a month or two just to catch up.

I hope a lot of people make the switch over when HJ goes live!

I don't play Simu games currently but I did play GS3 and DR for many years.

In GS3 I was a mage named Zoroastre (not too clever a name but it did describe how I played the character)

In DR I was a Tog MoonMage named Malcontente -- most fun character I ever played anywhere.

I'm a longtime player of Gemstone III and IV. My main is Vrairdrick Underrock the Dark Elven Priest of Ronan. Here to hoping HJ is as successful as gemstone!

Ive never played any simu games but ive been reading up on them, as HJ is going to be based on the same universe i think its a good idea to read about it :smiley:

Ahh, Simu is really good at getting talented people to work for them. (I'm not trying to make myself feel good here, I really mean that the GMs they have are amazing) and as a result of that their games are really fun and well fun.

Again, like a few others previously I havn't played any previous Simutronics titles. However, from talking over things with other people who have had the oppurtunity to experiance how Simutronics works, I belive that Hero's Journey will be one hell of a game!

Just a quick question, what was the population in the MUD games that Simutronics made? Just an estimate would be nice :smiley:

Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 2 2006, 05:19 AM
Just a quick question, what was the population in the MUD games that Simutronics made? Just an estimate would be nice :smiley:
1 server (same world for everyone).

Now, probably about 7-800 people playing Gemstone during peak times. In the late 90's it was closer to like 14-1600.

Lower, these are text games, and not as many people have an interest in them. Dragonrealms clocks in at 5-700 people at prime time, when I first started playing it was 1000+

Originally posted by Shadow001@Feb 28 2006, 02:30 PM
Hey all, I see some of you are GMs/developers for Hero's Journey and it's excellent to have you guys posting here. As a Simu team member, have you/do you currently play any of their other games?

I played the character 'Shadowpuck' in Gemstone for years..got to know some great people that I'm still in touch with. I don't play anymore, but my account still exists and every now and then I'll re-sign up for a month or two just to catch up.

I hope a lot of people make the switch over when HJ goes live!
I played Dragonrealms from 1996 to 1999 as a paladin (for 2 months), then a thief (locksmith) the rest of my time.

I then worked for the game a the thief dev GM from 1999 to 2002, at which time I moved over to HJ.

I've been here ever since in one form or another, from making spoons and forks, to weapon and chairs to area building, then coding (which I currently do)

Royce was my GM name in DR and then name seems to have stuck. Ironic since I was >this< close to not being allowed to use it since, my paladin was named Royce (for two months) before I went to the darkside and made the thief I currently have.

Originally posted by Brian@Mar 3 2006, 12:54 AM
Lower, these are text games, and not as many people have an interest in them. Dragonrealms clocks in at 5-700 people at prime time, when I first started playing it was 1000+
ahh, i never played any of them so i didnt know they were text games. so yeah i can see why not as many people would be interested as much in them.

I used to play Gemstone a lot way back when it was GS2. I actually just created a char on DR, but haven't really got into it yet.

I play in DR Plat, and I love our little community centred on a wonderful game.... now I have to see if HJ or DR will be the first to get the Necromancer guild...

Originally posted by larkonits+Mar 3 2006, 02:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (larkonits @ Mar 3 2006, 02:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Brian@Mar 3 2006, 12:54 AM
ahh, i never played any of them so i didnt know they were text games. so yeah i can see why not as many people would be interested as much in them. [/b][/quote]
Ah, most people are automatically against text games because they think they will be boring, or have to read too much.

When I played we got around 2000 during the day, around 800 at night. Some of those are people with two accounts though, and that definitely still happens. (Like one of my good buddies)

The thing is, they're terribly addicting. I used to time how long I played by the death list, and there was one day I had (not gone to school) and played for 18 hours straight. I'm sure I've played longer, but I had just happened to notice that time.

Oh, and I've been playing with miss Diviana. She's a horrible brat.

Back