anyone read this????

"My wife and I went over to Paris," Rifkin recalls, "which was difficult, to do press for the show. Apparently, it's a huge hit in Paris. People stopped me on the street saying, 'Mr. Sloane, we love your show. You're an evil man.'
That's hilarious! I can just hear someone saying that in a French accent.. :sideroll:

I'm not sure if Ron Rifkin's opinions of Sloane's motives would be considered spoilers or not (he seems to know more than we do), but they're interesting, to say the least. That's not how I would have pictured Sloane, but who knows?

that was a nice article, about the guy we love to hate ... (y)

In Rifkin's mind, even Sloane has limits, and often they have to do with the people he loves (and yes, shriveled and spotty as it is, Sloane has a heart). For example, there was one scene on an airplane where Sloane, who had just lost his wife, Emily (Amy Irving), was having a conversation with Irina.

"In the script," Rifkin says, "they had written that there was some sort of sexual suggestiveness between Irina and myself. It was a moment of electricity. I was disturbed by it. Emily had just died.

"I went to the writers and said, 'She just died. It's enough trouble with me being a villain, but to have me ready to screw someone else -- forgive me -- right after my wife died, doesn't feel right for the character. Whatever empathy the audience has for Sloane is going to be gone immediately.'

OMG he has a heart ... ;)

Back