Anyone who remembers Raffi...

Nnem said:
I second that.

Bananaphone is a geek thing... I don't know why. It has made it's run around the geek & gamer industry a thousand times, sort of like the badger badger badger song and another infamous tune named The Llama Song.

They make no sense, but they start a craze none the less. In the game Dark Age of Camelot, "Badger Badger Badger" had a special meaning, as their website and the game had lots of badgers, mushroom's, and snakes :cool:

~ Jaraeth

Jaraeth said:
Bananaphone is a geek thing...
Lol, I'll take that as a compliment ;)

And it does make sense of sorts... it pokes fun at the fact the song (originally by Raffi, the lovable children's entertainer of the 70s and 80s) is incredibly catchy and hard to get out of your head. Since posting this dern thing I've been humming it everywhere I go. People have been giving me more wierd looks than is usual. :rolleyes2: True, it goes a bit Tarantino halfway through, but what the hey. Its Raffi! Its all good.

Jaraeth said:
Bananaphone is a geek thing... I don't know why. It has made it's run around the geek & gamer industry a thousand times, sort of like the badger badger badger song and another infamous tune named The Llama Song.

They make no sense, but they start a craze none the less. In the game Dark Age of Camelot, "Badger Badger Badger" had a special meaning, as their website and the game had lots of badgers, mushroom's, and snakes :cool:

~ Jaraeth

Hmm I know the badger badger badger, in fact I even play with that guild on DAoC, but the bananaphone is just one I have never heard about :P

Catchy is right. Lots of colourful expletives too.
-----------------------------------------
Oh great... I literally can't get the song out of my head.
*sings:* Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring... Bannana phone!

This goes in my top 3 list for worst songs to get into your head:
1: Monty Python - Fish Heads
2: Wham - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
3: The Bannana Song.

:(

Back