Apollo 18

Haven't seen it yet. Before I saw the trailers the premise intrigued me a bit, the notion of secret Apollo launches, but lost interest after realizing it was just another 'found footage' horror film.

Haven't seen it yet. Before I saw the trailers the premise intrigued me a bit, the notion of secret Apollo launches, but lost interest after realizing it was just another 'found footage' horror film.

Yeah, I too had hopes for a good "monster on the moon" movie, but with so many bad reviews, I'll ignore this trashy film.

Heard this movie wasn't very good. My wife wants to rent it, hopefully I can talk her down from the ledge. I've seen too many bad movies in my life time, I don't know if I can sit through another train wreck.

I watched this on DVD for the second time the other day. It was on at my local cinema but I never found time to watch it there. It isn't really that bad actually. It made me want to watch Moon again straight after. I didn't though, because the second time I watched that, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the first.

I wonder if it was just my expectations being low and my open mind when watching it that led to me taking Apollo 18 as fairly passable?

Originally Posted by Tim:
I wonder if it was just my expectations being low and my open mind when watching it that led to me taking Apollo 18 as fairly passable?

I think it would have to be both, I think you would need a very open mind indeed to accept a living rock could penetrate a human body through a pressurised space suit without it deflating like a balloon.

The only realistic part of this movie was when mission control told the astronaut in the orbiting control module to leave the other astronaut to die. Under those circumstances that's exactly what would happen.

And I really don't think the astronaut in the control module would argue with them either. I certainly wouldn't.

Back