Horror Archive 81

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Archive 81

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2022-01-14

Creator: Rebecca Sonnenshine

Cast: Mamoudou Athie, Dina Shihabi, Evan Jonigkeit, Martin Donovan, Matt McGorry, Julia Chan, Ariana Neal

Overview: An archivist takes a job restoring damaged videotapes and gets pulled into the vortex of a mystery involving the missing director and a demonic cult.
Archive 81

Archive 81 on Netflix was a bit of slow paced viewing but interesting enough to keep me watching. I couldn't help but think though that somebody was watching the original Ghostbusters and was intrigued by the Shandor Building (the tower building where Dana lived and the scene of the final battle) and what mysteries it may have held. Combine the fascination with the building along with "Wait, where *did* the slime come from in Ghostbusters II?" and it forms the two big elements of Archive 81. Yeah, that's an over simplification but you get the idea.... a spooky building with a weird past and some weird slime as the basis for the events that lead to a mystery and an outsider being pulled into it.

I've seen that Netflix has not renewed it for a second season so unfortunately the fate of the main character is a bit of a cliff-hanger at the end that won't be resolved. :(