ArchLord goes FTP

I personally despised the beta. It took all my willpower to get through a few hours of play w/o committing seppuku.

However, in the interest of anyone who actually 'liked' Archlord, here you go. :smiley:

-----------------------------------------------------

ArchLord becomes Free To Play

Hail Fellow Gamers,

The battle for supremacy is warming up! Prepare for the ultimate MMO experience as ArchLord goes Free to Play!

Take up a 10-day FREE TRIAL and experience ArchLord like never before as thousands of players immerse themselves in the quest for the ultimate prize in MMO gaming!

That's right! Codemasters Online Gaming are thrilled to announce that as of January 4 2007, you can experience the excitement and adventure for FREE as ArchLord becomes a Free to Play service with NO MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FEES REQUIRED!

Any new accounts created will no longer be required to provide their credit card details.

But I played the BETA and wasn't impressed! (like me! :^O )

Fear not, in the past six weeks ArchLord has been vastly improved as the PvP heats up and action explodes across Chantra as guilds lay siege to one another, hungry for glory and honour!

Face up to the definitive challenge and conquer the mystical world of Chantra!

Choose from three diverse races. The majestic Humans , towering Orcs or seductive Moon Elves. Each will offer unique skills and abilities to overpower opponents on your route to the pinnacle of MMO Gaming!

Explore the mystical word of Chantra inspired by five elements, fire, spirit, earth, water and air.

Discover a multitude of diverse landscapes, fearsome monsters, formidable spells, potions, weapons and armour, all at your disposal.

But beware! Chantra is a fearsome land with enemies far and wide, and allies hard to uncover. ArchLord will call upon your mighty skills for survival, friendship and ambition for success in this treacherous and challenging landscape. As progress is made throughout ArchLord, I call upon you to be wise, and seek many allies whilst preparations lay in wait for TOTAL DOMINANCE!

So what does this mean exactly?

Codemasters Online Gaming would like you to experience the fierce PvP and thrilling quests available as ArchLord goes FREE TO PLAY.

In order to take up your FREE 10-Day Trial, simply follow the instructions below.

Download and install the game client.

If you haven't already done so, now's the time to download and install the ArchLord game client. If you already have the game client, then please skip this section. You can download it via our exclusive download partner: Client Available Here

Once the download has completed, double-click the executable to begin installation. Follow the on-screen instructions throughout the installation process.

Add the FREE 10-Day Trial key below to your COG account www.codemasters.com/cog

Your 10-Day FREE TRIAL key is:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (That's mine, although you can bribe me for it if you really want in now. I won't be playing. ;) )

Raise an Army. Rule the World!

Once installed, run the ArchLord game client. A window will appear asking you to enter your login and password. Here you should input the COG username and password you chose when creating the account.

The game may patch itself at this point. Once complete, simply log into the game and you are ready to play!

Become the ArchLord!

Prepare to rule the entire world for one month and the lives of thousands of other players. Win the respect and admiration of your fellow gamers and set about leaving your mark in history! Dominate Chantra and lay claim to the ultimate in MMO gaming, POWER, WEALTH and SUCCESS!

Get ready to experience all these great features for free:

There can be only one ArchLord! Do you have what it takes to become the mighty ArchLord? Work with your guild as you embark on an epic voyage to be crowned the single ruling ArchLord.

Immortalise Yourself in History! Immortalise yourself in history and with it leave behind your legacy as you fight in your epic struggle to become the all-ruling ArchLord!

3 Playable Races Take your pick from three powerful races including Humans, Orcs and the enchanting Moon Elves.

Advanced PvP Systems One of the most advanced PvP systems ever seen including full-blown castle sieges and epic guild on guild battles incorporating hundreds of players.

Amazing In-Game Visuals The mystical world of Chantra is fantastically realised with astounding character detail and gorgeous landscapes.

Wonder what made them decide to do it, the game isn't exactly old.

Although if people want FTP they could always play Anarcy Online, its free to play as long as you just have the base game. Get any of the expansions and they start charging.

LOL thats funny. The reason they went F2P is well the game sucks. Its L2 with out the graphics or gameplay. But hey its gonna be free right well can't really complain with that.

I played the beta also and I thought it was ok I guess a typical asian grinder without a lot of bells and whistles. What ended up turning me off in the end and not buying it was due to the fact the damn archlord system wasnt even in place along with a load of bugs at release. I may end up giving it a try after the 1st we'll see what happens.

Prepare for the ultimate MMO experience as ArchLord goes Free to Play!
That statement made me giggle.

They went free the same reason that Dark and Light went free a few months after release. Because nobody will play 'em otherwise. =P

The only reason I even know about it, is that I check the news at MMORPG.com almost everyday, so I see the lists of games that are out/in development.

Otherwise I'd never know half the titles, especially of all the free ones.

Back