Season 2 Are they married or not?

She'sgood Posted on Apr 5 2003, 04:01 PM
Jack said to Irina that until a marrige is unnaled it is still valid..
well anullment means that you never had sexually relations with the person so does that mean that Jack isn't syds father?
Well, that depends. I believe, but am not sure, that annullments can be obtained for a number of things besides non-consummation of the marriage. We know thay had sex so it could be on the grounds of desertion. In the Catholic Church there are other grounds allowed, I think. :confused:

Ophelia Posted on Apr 4 2003, 10:16 PM
As for the writers . . . one of their biggest problems is that they just have too much going on.

:rolleyes: I agree. That's what's so aggravating at times. You know Lena Olin had a contract for 16 episodes, yet in one of them she was in ONE scene. Yikes! And Marshall had only one scene in Phase One, eating little hot dogs before the CIA raided the place. Oh well... :angry:

lenafan said:
She'sgood Posted on Apr 5 2003, 04:01 PM
Jack said to Irina that until a marrige is unnaled it is still valid..
well anullment means that you never had sexually relations with the person so does that mean that Jack isn't syds father?
Well, that depends. I believe, but am not sure, that annullments can be obtained for a number of things besides non-consummation of the marriage. We know thay had sex so it could be on the grounds of desertion. In the Catholic Church there are other grounds allowed, I think. :confused:
In this case it's not a religious annulment, but a legal one. I've stated my views on the probability that Jack is or is not Sydney's father.
;)

verdantheart said:
If he's done with her, then where's the annulment? It was 20 years, she was dead, betrayed and abandoned them, and still "it's never over" (Jeff Buckley). Jack's heart is a very stubborn organ. It doesn't matter what he needs. It's how he feels.
;)
I agree completely. It is just soooooo true. Jack tries to hide his true feelings about Irina. It is just that she has hurt him so much that he doesn't admit it. He hasn't to date arranged for an annulment while he still can. Irina has seemed to betray the CIA and joined forces with Sloane but Jack still hasn't gone through with the annulment. He is still hung up on Irina, he just doesn't admit to everyone else.

No they are technically still married but get faked her death and they were seperated for 30 years, i guess finding out your wife faked her death and is KGB and evil oh and that she only married you coz she was ordered too is good enough to hate her and refer to her as "my ex wife" i love it when jack's paranoid!

Back