Season 2 Are they married or not?

that may be right or they are trying to make us think that she is just evil but she has a plot to clear her name and to let the truth out bc after all truth takes time!i hope thats it!LOL

I was just wondering what everybody thought when Irina out into morse code that "truth takes time", I am a little confused. I mean is the truth that Irina is with the bad guys and is lying to Sydney and Jack? Or will the truth be revieled in latter episodes? What do you think?

I was just wondering what everybody thought when Irina out into morse code that "truth takes time", I am a little confused. I mean is the truth that Irina is with the bad guys and is lying to Sydney and Jack? Or will the truth be revieled in latter episodes? What do you think?

Ophelia Posted on Apr 4 2003, 03:29 PM
Maybe the problem is that with the writers trying to create suspense by dragging out developments in the J/I relationship, it makes Irina seem like she's toying with Jack and Sydney when she really isn't

JJ and his little band of :devil: are always toying with us. Still they gave us Vaughn And Sydney...and is that not boring now? It's the chase that's always exciting...so I don't see anything really positive coming to a conclusion soon with Jack and Irina.

Joelle said:
*throws up hands in dismay* Who knows, Joelle -- who knows? :clover:

How many episodes was Lena Olin contracted for? Maybe that will help us to know how soon they will let us know.

lenafan said:
Copy that Ophelia, who knows? The writers know, don't they? At least I hope so.
Interesting, Lenafan . . . you say you hope that the writers know what they're doing. I'm not so sure. I have seen too many storylines that go nowhere, timelines that get messed up, poor attention to detail, stilted dailogue, and too much jerky pacing in the writing on this show. If they are going to give us an angsty love story, then they had better do it right! They have two wonderful characters in Jack and Irina, but amateurish writing may ruin them. JJ, don't let that happen! :clover:

Joelle said:
With Ms Ambiguous it's always hard to tell, but I think that Irina thinks that once she's fulfilled her quest for Rambaldi's truth (which takes time), she can reveal all (the truth takes time) to Sydney and be forgiven. Does she believe that she can get Jack back or does she even want him back? Good question.

Meanwhile,

lenafan said:
JJ and his little band of  are always toying with us. Still they gave us Vaughn And Sydney...and is that not boring now? It's the chase that's always exciting...so I don't see anything really positive coming to a conclusion soon with Jack and Irina.
Gotta agree with you there. There's too much baggage that that couple is carrying around. They shoved it into the closet for a while, but Irina packed it back up and moved it out again, adding to it as she went. I love Jack, but, frankly, from the dramatic point of view, having both him and Sydney happy would be dullsville.
;)

Ophelia Posted on Apr 4 2003, 05:59 PM
I have seen too many storylines that go nowhere, timelines that get messed up, poor attention to detail, stilted dailogue, and too much jerky pacing in the writing on this show

Yes, agreed, they forget us attention-to-detailers. They do need to get their Ps and Qs taken care of so we don't keep moaning about the discrepancies. Of course, doing that might take seconds more of dialogue and lose precious ad time. Oh well, something's got to pay for it. :(

Oh yes one thing more...until Jack divorces her or gets an annullment, they are STILL married. Ah life! Ain't it grand?

Their feelings toward each other are really hard to discern, aren't they? Jack wanted to believe that she had changed (and I do believe people can change, BTW), and yet he didn't trust her. Irina helped Jack and Sydney while she was in custody, and yet she escaped, for reasons as yet unknown. These two are going to make me old before my time! :o_O:

As for the writers . . . one of their biggest problems is that they just have too much going on. Too many plots and subplots, characters hanging around without much to do, etc. Maybe it would help if the storyline was a little less cluttered. That might make it easier for them to keep things straight. But so many times it's as if they don't even try. :clover:

ok I am just going over this in my head...

Jack said to Irina that until a marrige is unnaled it is still valid..
well anullment means that you never had sexually relations with the person so does that mean that Jack isn't syds father?

I have a a feeling that jack sint syd's father. that would mess up relationships even more.

dito

but ok say Jack isn't syds father.... then remember when Irina told syd she didn't want to miss the chance to explain herself well what if that is something she needed to explain. And if Jack said Anullment then he knows Syd isn't his. Which would mean he knows whos she is any Ideas?

k I am going to make this a different topic.

Back