Season 3 Are Vaughn and Syd really in love?

i dont kno either! syd kissed him and then she kissed will of course she thought she was dreaming when she kissed vaughn! it's weird!

but when she kissed vaughn when she thought it was a dream it was because its what she really wanted but she thought she wouldnt have any consequences, because it was her dream
does that make sense?

I never really saw Syd and Vaughn as soulmates. More like a crush that was more intriguing because it was against the rules, and Vaughn was off limits.

of course syd and vaughn are really in love!

Syd had seen her best friend after 2 years and you konw they were both hurting over things and you know...it was just...i donno if any one has see the movie "six days seven nights" but to quote from it "its kinda like after a funeral every one has sex" i donno they were hurting and they had sex to....i donno forget i donno...

i think syd really does still love vaughn and i think vaughn still loves her and is TORN between Syd and the Blonde Aussie Man Steeler

Silverdewdrop said:
Syd and Will slept together. Big deal. They have a connection, they're friends, they comforted one another. They did it because they loved each other, not because they were IN love with each other. It doesn't mean she doesn't love Vaughn, it means she loves him so much she was hurting.
I couldn't have put it better. It's not "cowardly" for Sydney to have done this. What would be cowardly would be to enter into a lasting relationship only to hide from her emotions regarding Vaughn.
;)

conspiracy chick said:
I never really saw Syd and Vaughn as soulmates.  More like a crush that was more intriguing because it was against the rules, and Vaughn was off limits.

I agree with that! I like the way that you think!

How can anyone deny how happy Will and Sydney are together. How comfortable that they feel in each others company. Dare, I say - soulmates? :D (y)

Look at the last scene. It meant that Syd realizes that Will is her true soulmate!

Will and an agent are on their way out of the office. Sydney calls out “Will.” “I've been looking for you... you feeling alright?” Will tells her “Yeah” but after a few seconds, he admits that thought and dreamed about killing Allison many times. He thought that it would be satisfying and provide closure, but the reality was that there was no satisfaction. There was nothing. Sydney is concerned about Will’s safety and says “Now that the Covenant knows you're still alive, you might want to move again, maybe somewhere outside of the country.” But Will says that he isn’t going to run anymore. He is going to stay in Wisconsin (and continue with his new life there). He smiles and says that maybe when he gets back he'll ask out that painter that they talked about. That brings a brave little smile to Sydney’s face. Will assures her that they're going to see each other again. Syd has a small smile for him, gives him a kiss on the cheek and then they hug tenderly. When they separate, they smile bravely. Will smiles warmly and says “I love you.” Sydney responds “You too.” Will turns and walks away, but Syd suddenly recalls something and stops him by calling “Will?” She says that they never talked about that (night of passion). Will smiles at the fond memory and says “Yeah, I kinda liked that.” They both smile warmly and then he leaves, turning one more time, giving her a brief grin. Sydney smile broadens at the realization that this is the happiest that she felt in a long time.

JJ may have been conning people to think that Vaughn was her destiny. Will seemed to be heading to be Sydney's boyfriend in the first part of the first season. Then JJ pulled a switch and made Vaughn the boyfriend. Now Will has taken his place back. So JJ likes to trick us. JJ is like Sloane!

Iwould like to say many things but I don't speak english very well...What I want to say is that feelings are really complicated.. When someone you love dies, it's horrible, you feel lost and you don't have many choices..You can just kill yourself or move on... there 's no other choice... Vaughn did the right one, moving on doesn't mean that he doesn't love Sydney anymore.. It just means that he decided to live... and in this new life there is a new woman... But everybody can see that he is really attracted by Sydney.. But he still has this life ...
Concerning Syd and Will... It's clear in my mind... Will has always loved Syd, but Syd doesen't love him in the same way.. He's her best friend, she can tell him everything.. It's a deep friendship, nothing more...They had sex because she feels alone... Can't you see how hard this new life is for her... She needed comfort, tenderness... That does not mean she does not love Vaughn anymore!!! On the contrary, this comfort sex means she's really suffering from their separation...

i agree with all of you who think she is still in love with vaughn but she loves Will as her best friend - and er, sorry to point it out tothose of you who think otherwise but syd did ctually say she's still in love with Vaughn in the episode and that she hates Lauren because of it!! And she loves Will as a friend!!

s/v will always love each other!! i hope!!!

Oooo i rewatched the eppy last night... and it was so sweet when will turned around gave her that big smile one more time... and yeah i think syd really was happier than shes been in quite some time...

im starting to think and dont hate me here... but i dont care who syd ends up with will or vaughn as long as shes happy...

SydneyFan said:
I think this Will thing is the writers way of putting the Sydney and Vaughn thing to rest for a while so they can concentrate on the rest of the show. A way of sort of moving on if you will.
Not from some of the spoilers I have read for ep. 11 - 12, S/V won't be put to rest!!!! :cool:

im starting to think and dont hate me here... but i dont care who syd ends up with will or vaughn as long as shes happy...
This might be the single best thing I've read on any board all year. Alias is about Sydney, not Vaughn or anyone else. Everyone else is just a backdrop in the story of her life. They all have their importance and place, but Syd is the center. Right now, Vaughn is tearing her apart. That's not to say that it's his fault, like he said, it's no one's fault. But Syd needs to be happy to feel normal. Will does that for her. The smile on her face at the end said it all. I want to see her happy, something Vaughn is not capable of doing at this point.

ahhh... please dont mention spoilers at all.. im pretty much a spoilerholic and am trying to stay spoiler free... well i have been spoiler free for 8 or 9 days now.. please put comments like that in a spoiler quote thing..

yes it is.. i like this guy for a while, like a year and a half, i know sad, but he was in love with one of my best friend.. it was awful, but now everything that happened makes for a great joke between me and some of my friends

-Vartan- said:
Sorry, but I still think the same. I hoped that you could convince me that I was wrong but I still think I'm right. Ok, I said it before. Maybe I'm out of this world. But for me true love is something bigger. Vaughn thought that Sydney was dead and it nearly kill him, I know, I saw that episode. But there's something here. You move on only when you've got someone new in your life? Sorry, but I can face the worst circumstances and I don't need to be envolved with someone else. I think they were cowards. Vaughn can't be alone so he's married with someone he won't ever love so much than Sydney. And Sydney can't be alone so she had sex with her best friend to face the fact that her true love is married with another. I think life is simpler. Vaughn thought that Syd was dead, I know that means that she never be back again. I know what 'dead' means. But, two years? When did he meet her? When did he decide she was good for him? When did he think that she was the woman to spend the rest of his life with? And after all this questions I repeat: TWO YEARS?
Ok, so they were cowards, they're scared to be alone, that doesn't mean that they are not soulmates or in love. Oh, and may I remind you that Syd hooked up with Vaughn only a year and a half after her fiance, Danny died. No one complained about that little relationship. Now you say that they aren't in love anymore, she so passionatly kissed him in her dream and he has risked his life and his marriage several times for her. If thats not love, then i'm screwed. He married Lauren when he was depressed and thought he'd never see his true love ever again. Yes, he may be cowardly, but no one deserves to be alone. All i can say is they are ment for eachother, they just have to wait til the time is right.

I don't think it was "cowardly" for Sydney to seek some closeness and comfort with a friend. It was a moment they shared together. If anyone is cowardly, it's Vaughn, who's afraid of hurting a woman he cares about and so ends up killing both women he cares about with "kindness" and half-measures.
;)

Oh, and may I remind you that Syd hooked up with Vaughn only a year and a half after her fiance, Danny died. No one complained about that little relationship.
I just have to comment that this comparison is totally invalid. S & V did hook up a year and half after Danny's death, but they weren't married or even engaged within two years. Also, there was no question that Danny was dead. As Syd said, with all that they had seen, he should have questioned her death. I'm not saying Vaughn was wrong or right for moving on but it's completely different than Syd moving on from Danny.

Drama_Queen said:
Oh, and may I remind you that Syd hooked up with Vaughn only a year and a half after her fiance, Danny died. No one complained about that little relationship.
I just have to comment that this comparison is totally invalid. S & V did hook up a year and half after Danny's death, but they weren't married or even engaged within two years. Also, there was no question that Danny was dead. As Syd said, with all that they had seen, he should have questioned her death. I'm not saying Vaughn was wrong or right for moving on but it's completely different than Syd moving on from Danny.
yeah and as much as i want s/v back together
how long would have syd waited after danny and moved on to vaughn if it wasnt for sd6, a year... and then they prolly would have been married or engaged within 2 years :confused: ;) ... so it is different, but then again its not different at all

Back