Season 3 Are Vaughn and Syd really in love?

michaelvaughnsgirl_ak said:
-Vartan- said:
Sorry, but I still think the same. I hoped that you could convince me that I was wrong but I still think I'm right. Ok, I said it before. Maybe I'm out of this world. But for me true love is something bigger. Vaughn thought that Sydney was dead and it nearly kill him, I know, I saw that episode. But there's something here. You move on only when you've got someone new in your life? Sorry, but I can face the worst circumstances and I don't need to be envolved with someone else. I think they were cowards. Vaughn can't be alone so he's married with someone he won't ever love so much than Sydney. And Sydney can't be alone so she had sex with her best friend to face the fact that her true love is married with another. I think life is simpler. Vaughn thought that Syd was dead, I know that means that she never be back again. I know what 'dead' means. But, two years? When did he meet her? When did he decide she was good for him? When did he think that she was the woman to spend the rest of his life with? And after all this questions I repeat: TWO YEARS?
Ok, so they were cowards, they're scared to be alone, that doesn't mean that they are not soulmates or in love. Oh, and may I remind you that Syd hooked up with Vaughn only a year and a half after her fiance, Danny died. No one complained about that little relationship. Now you say that they aren't in love anymore, she so passionatly kissed him in her dream and he has risked his life and his marriage several times for her. If thats not love, then i'm screwed. He married Lauren when he was depressed and thought he'd never see his true love ever again. Yes, he may be cowardly, but no one deserves to be alone. All i can say is they are ment for eachother, they just have to wait til the time is right.
I SO Totally agree!!! everyone seems to have forgotten that Syd got together with Vaughn a year and a half after Danny died!!! You're right no one did complain!!
I KNOW Vaughn and Syd will be together in the end!! they just have to be!!!! they are so strong and can get through this whole Lauren thing, she's just another dilemma in their relationship!!!!! they BELONG together!!!!!!!!!!! :P
their love for eachother can't be denied!! there's a very strong passion there!!!!! :lovers:

lauren needs to go shoot herself
die lauren die!
anyway
s/v will end up together they are meant to be and they love eachother so much

hotpot said:
but i dont care who syd ends up with will or vaughn as long as shes happy...
Agreed 100%
Of course, I'm still for S and V 150%. Of course I want them to be together in the long run. But at this point, I think it would just be great to see poor Syd happy. I mean, the girl is tearing me apart! And can I just say how great JG, MV, and BC are? Well, anyone on this show actually...Some of the best. acting. ever.

superspysyd said:
hotpot said:
Agreed 100%
Of course, I'm still for S and V 150%. Of course I want them to be together in the long run. But at this point, I think it would just be great to see poor Syd happy. I mean, the girl is tearing me apart! And can I just say how great JG, MV, and BC are? Well, anyone on this show actually...Some of the best. acting. ever.
but dont u think sydney will be happiest with vaughn
there meant to be, they make eachother undone, but still are complete...
i do think syd will be happiest with vaughn
but if not, i do wish the girl some happyness, and if her and vaughn are happier part (psh! yeah right) so be it, and just let them be happy

I think Vaughn has issues with being alone. He broke up w/Alice in season one and then in season two we find out that they're back together, even though it's obvious how he feels for Syd. He only broke up with Alice after he and Syd kissed. They were together for a while and they after he though she died, he and Lauren got together and married her. Through all of this he still loved Sydney. I understand that Syd was "dead" and he had to move on w/his life. But he can never love anyone, not even his wife, as much as he loves Syd. Someone or another, they'll end up together.
In the meantime, I do agree that Syd deserves to be happy, even if that means that she's happy with someone else. In my heart I still believe that her and Vaughn will be together, even if that doesn't happen for a long time.

I think there is a difference between Syd and Vaughn in that Vaughn chose to be with someone else when he knew there was no chance of being with Syd. He thought she was dead; whereas Syd chose to be with someone else while there was still an albeit small chance to be with Vaughn. He may have been married, but he was still alive and the possbibility for love still existed. She has to know that he still loves her. Sometimes patience is the best route for true love. Vaughn's actions show me more innocence of intention for someone in love than Sydney's do. Sleeping with one person when your in love with another does not seem like a healthy course of action to me no matter how human some may consider it.

I agree with you Sydney Fan that is does seem like Sydney is 'moving on' much quicker than Vaughn did realtive to the amount of time in which she had 'lost him' by sleeping with Will. Although, I think her sleeping with Will may have more to do with a need for comfort after being so lonely and in such a depressing situation than actually moving on. Because, she obviously knows that Vaughn still loves her (he basically told her so) and there is NO way that she would just stop loving him so suddenly.

I think her sleeping with Will may have more to do with a need for comfort after being so lonely and in such a depressing situation than actually moving on. Because

I think you're right Kate Jones but, I think if the table were turned and Vaughn were single, and Syd were taken at the moment, I doubt Vaughn would get drunk and find comfort in the arms of another with a one night stand. And I don't think it's because he's stronger than Syd either I think it's because the writers made a mistake on that one.

I do not think Syd or Vaughn should mope over each other. I know they were deeply in love & that it is not Syd's fault that Vaughn decided to marry Lauren but Syd cannot be with him in good conscience. I know they still love each other but I don't want to see a soap opera here. Vaughn made his choice to move on so get on with it. It is too hard for them to be friends! It nearly kills Syd & that is not fair to her. I have said all along if she cannot have Vaughn then she needs to have someone. I don't mind that it was Will & I would really like to see him in more eps. I don't think it would be right for Syd to start a relationship with anyone when she admitted she is still in love with Vaughn. I am a S/V shipper but I don't want to see her strung along.

I am editing this after watching last nights episode "The Two" I had not seen it. I missed the first 3 ep of the season but I will tell you now, that I think Jack is completely right in telling Vaughn to staw away from Syd. I couldn't even believe how pathetic Vaughn was. I know that in the 2nd ep he says something about how he loved her so much it nearly killed him....okay, if this was the case then why did he go off & marry Lauren. If you love someone that much you don't just get married even though it had been two years. I believe he married Lauren mostly out of loneliness not out of love for her. Even though I don't care much for her character as his wife. I feel sorry for her if she thinks he is in love with her. This whole triangle business is a mess & needs to be dealt with in one way or another. Vaughn's not good enough for Syd. She needs a man that is going to stand by her no matter what happens! I am not so sure anymore that Vaughn is that man. Who knows I may change my mind again as this whole thing progresses! Ugh!~

Honestly, I don't think at this moment in the season that either of them are happy.

know that in the 2nd ep he says something about how he loved her so much it nearly killed him....okay, if this was the case then why did he go off & marry Lauren. If you love someone that much you don't just get married even though it had been two years. I

I agree, I think he should have waited too, better to be with no one than to be with out your true love. Harsh maybe, but loyal to your love. I was actually relieved at the beginning of season 3 to find out that Vaughn had moved on though. I find Sydney to be much more dynamic when she is single. Maybe she just hasn't found the right guy yet.

krzykty57789 said:
superspysyd said:
hotpot said:
Agreed 100%
there meant to be, they make eachother undone, but still are complete...
i do think syd will be happiest with vaughn
but if not, i do wish the girl some happyness, and if her and vaughn are happier part (psh! yeah right) so be it, and just let them be happy
Yes, yes...absolutely krzykty57789! I agree 100%! She'll be happiest with him, and he'll obviously be happiest with her. But even the most die hard of us S/V shippers will have to admit that at this point, even if ol' Lauren fell off the face of the planet tomorrow, Syd and Vaughn have some serious issues to deal with (the lost years, Vaughn's marraige, Vack, Swill, and poor Syd getting some semblance of her life back) before they can be happy...really and truly happy together...ya know?
Does that make any sense? lol :blush:

Oh yeah, and they're totally still in love. Both of them. With each other! heh! :lol:

Not sure about this. I'm just not as sold as s/v shippers are. I see the chemsitry between them and I totally rooted for them but Syd might be happy with someone else, namely Will.

SydneyFan said:
I think if the table were turned and Vaughn were single, and Syd were taken at the moment, I doubt Vaughn would get drunk and find comfort in the arms of another with a one night stand.
It's not like Vaughn slept with anyone while Syd was in the picture but perhaps seemed unatainable... **cough**Alice**. :rolleyes: Maybe not a one night stand, but he did get back together with her while he was supposedly in love with Syd.

But I'm sure St. Vaughn never actually slept with Alice or anyone else. ;)

SydneyFan said:
I think he should have waited too, better to be with no one than to be with out your true love. Harsh maybe, but loyal to your love.
think about what u just said, trust me i am a die hard s/v fan, but thats too harsh.. he honestly thought she was dead, they had the service and had DNA evidence... but think of it this way... u find the man/women of ur dreams the love of ur life, and something happens to them and they died, u buried them and have evidence they are dead, would u spend the rest of ur life alone, miserable, and depressed, or would u find someone else (after reasonable time) and sure u may not love them and much as the love of ur life, but everyone needs happiness, companionship, and love to survive.. so as much as i would have like vaughn to have waited i understand... i mean would u wait forever and be lonely for the rest of ur life or would u find someone else that at least gave u companionship

do u get where im coming from?
;)

Drama_Queen said:
Not sure about this. I'm just not as sold as s/v shippers are. I see the chemsitry between them and I totally rooted for them but Syd might be happy with someone else, namely Will.
As far as I know, Will isn't coming back.

I don't think Vaughn was wrong moving on, but I do think it was a bit fast. Five years maybe, but 2? He spent 6 months mourning, and then somehow in the 18 months remaining he: met Lauren, dated Lauren, proposed to Lauren, was engaged to Lauren, and married Lauren. It's really quick for someone who supposedly loves someone else. Which is why I don't underestimate Vaughn's love for his wife. Clearly she swept him off his feet :/

Will may not be scheduled to return, but maybe he will. A girl can hope!

Back