Season 3 Are Vaughn and Syd really in love?

think about what u just said, trust me i am a die hard s/v fan, but thats too harsh.. he honestly thought she was dead, they had the service and had DNA evidence... but think of it this way... u find the man/women of ur dreams the love of ur life, and something happens to them and they died, u buried them and have evidence they are dead, would u spend the rest of ur life alone, miserable, and depressed, or would u find someone else (after reasonable time) and sure u may not love them and much as the love of ur life, but everyone needs happiness, companionship, and love to survive.. so as much as i would have like vaughn to have waited i understand... i mean would u wait forever and be lonely for the rest of ur life or would u find someone else that at least gave u companionship
do u get where im coming from? 

Yes, I do see where you're coming from. Maybe I'm just thinking it's too quick like Drama Queen said.But I'm a real romantic and I believe that true love lasts forever. No subs. And about Alice I don't remember that real well but it seems like from what I remember him and Syd weren't that hot and heavy yet and besides he was already in a committed relationship with Alice which had responsibilities of its own. His first priorities, and I don't mean to be arguementative, but his first priorities in that relationship should have been to Alice. He owed her at least that much. I forget what happened, but didn't he just kind of give her the short end of the stick?

Drama_Queen said:
I don't think Vaughn was wrong moving on, but I do think it was a bit fast. Five years maybe, but 2? He spent 6 months mourning, and then somehow in the 18 months remaining he: met Lauren, dated Lauren, proposed to Lauren, was engaged to Lauren, and married Lauren. It's really quick for someone who supposedly loves someone else. Which is why I don't underestimate Vaughn's love for his wife. Clearly she swept him off his feet :/

Will may not be scheduled to return, but maybe he will. A girl can hope!
I totally agree with you Drama Queen. Two years may seem like sufficient time, but not when you factor in the whole process.

Of Course, they're in love, They're Soul mates. But This a Shipper Feeling :P

I believe that Lauren and Vaughn will divorced Very soon, They've got to start all over again.

SydneyFan said:
think about what u just said, trust me i am a die hard s/v fan, but thats too harsh.. he honestly thought she was dead, they had the service and had DNA evidence... but think of it this way... u find the man/women of ur dreams the love of ur life, and something happens to them and they died, u buried them and have evidence they are dead, would u spend the rest of ur life alone, miserable, and depressed, or would u find someone else (after reasonable time) and sure u may not love them and much as the love of ur life, but everyone needs happiness, companionship, and love to survive.. so as much as i would have like vaughn to have waited i understand... i mean would u wait forever and be lonely for the rest of ur life or would u find someone else that at least gave u companionship
do u get where im coming from? 

Yes, I do see where you're coming from. Maybe I'm just thinking it's too quick like Drama Queen said.But I'm a real romantic and I believe that true love lasts forever. No subs. And about Alice I don't remember that real well but it seems like from what I remember him and Syd weren't that hot and heavy yet and besides he was already in a committed relationship with Alice which had responsibilities of its own. His first priorities, and I don't mean to be arguementative, but his first priorities in that relationship should have been to Alice. He owed her at least that much. I forget what happened, but didn't he just kind of give her the short end of the stick?
oh i completely understand where ur coming from, cause im a true romantic, and feel exactly the same way -_-
but i was trying to put rational thought to this whole screwed up situation :lol:

but this is just a tv show, and sure you have the right to discuss the plot going on in the show, just remember, its a tv show, none of it is real. yet, i do want syd to be happy, and vaughn even said that yes he still loves her, but he never regreted moving on with his life. it's not like he's just gonna wait around for years and years for syd to come, and never being happy. it's simple, everyone thought that she was dead. what can you do? i'm sure vaughn really did love syd, but people change and move on. you have to move on, without that you would be stuck and unhappy for the rest of your life. so...there, that's my opinion on things.

but this is just a tv show, and sure you have the right to discuss the plot going on in the show, just remember, its a tv show, none of it is real. yet, i do want syd to be happy, an
they had the service and had DNA evidence

Being rational is definately the best route to take krzykty and of course we all know it's just a tv show. The fun part of the message boards is comparing the fictional stories to real life situations for me. Besides that, I think that in Vaughn's line of work without a body he's gotta hang in there longer. There has been all this talk about true love, but I think what Vaughn and Syd may have been instead is just a nice interlude. It's easy to say "True love", but I think most relationships usually fall into this " nice "category. Neither one has had a problem inserting someone else in the others absence.

SydneyFan said:
Vaughn's actions show me more innocence of intention for someone in love than Sydney's do. Sleeping with one person when your in love with another does not seem like a healthy course of action to me no matter how human some may consider it.
Vaughn is sleeping with Lauren and we all know that he's still in love with Syd. Even though he moved on with his life rather quickly, it is apparent that he still loves her deeply. And as for Sydney being"unhealthy" she is going through hell right now and turned to a person who loves her and has never questioned that. Personally, I think Syd is having a harder time than Vaughn ever did. Yes he lost his love so what, now he has someone. Syd has lost her love too. Not the same way, but worse. Not only can't she have him, she has to see him with someone else. She definetly has NOT moved on, but needed comfort, and fortunatly Will could give her that. As for Vaughn being innocent in his intetions, I totally agree with Jack. He is leading her on. He either needs to figure it out with Lauren, whether he wants a divorce or not, or just let Syd go. As much as I don't want that, and as much as the other S/V shippers will probably hate me, he needs to leave her to her life. Although I would be 100% happy if Lauren turned out to be bad and he ditched her.

She definetly has NOT moved on, but needed comfort, and fortunatly Will could give her that.
Is sex really supposed to be for comfort? All this talk about true love and yet she can turn to someone for comfort sex? Is that part of being an adult or being a human? Because if sex has become minimized to the basic role of nothing less than pleasure and comfort to make our lives a little easier when things aren't going our way then who really gives a hoot who Sydney has in her life today or tomorrow? In that light, bodies are basically interchangeable to suit our moods as our adult needs change with the weather. As for Vaughn, I don't think he's being unfair to Sydney deliberately, I think he's just carrying out the functions of normal day to day life with fallout from their past relationship. The only way to prevent this and protect Sydney from it would be to do like Jack said and push her away. They have to much history to try and remain friends at this point. Maybe somewhere down the line things will be different.

She definetly has NOT moved on, but needed comfort, and fortunatly Will could give her that.
Is sex really supposed to be for comfort? All this talk about true love and yet she can turn to someone for comfort sex? Is that part of being an adult or being a human? Because if sex has become minimized to the basic role of nothing less than pleasure and comfort to make our lives a little easier when things aren't going our way then who really gives a hoot who Sydney has in her life today or tomorrow? In that light, bodies are basically interchangeable to suit our moods as our adult needs change with the weather. As for Vaughn, I don't think he's being unfair to Sydney deliberately, I think he's just carrying out the functions of normal day to day life with fallout from their past relationship. The only way to prevent this and protect Sydney from it would be to do like Jack said and push her away. They have to much history to try and remain friends at this point. Maybe somewhere down the line things will be different.
yeah i do agree with u there.. especially the comfort sex part... sex is supposed to be a special thing between to ppl who are madely in love and its about the oneness and completion did syd seriously get that from will... i think noot :Ph34r:

sex is supposed to be a special thing between to ppl who are madely in love
This might be what sex means to you personally, but not to everyone. Most unmarried 30-somethings aren't just having sex with people they are madly in love with. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but your opinions on the matter really only apply to you.

My personal opinions/morals aside, there is nothing wrong with two consenting adults without commitments to other people and having deep affection for each other, albeit fictional, to have sex for whatever reason they decide upon. I don't think it was just comfort sex between them. I really think that if the circumstances permitted, Syd would rightfully move on with her life with Will.

I think this debate has run it's course, some people think it was wrong for Syd to sleep with Will, some don't. We really might as well leave it at that.

yeah i do agree with u there.. especially the comfort sex part... sex is supposed to be a special thing between to ppl who are madely in love and its about the oneness and completion did syd seriously get that from will... i think noot 

Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

krzykty57789 said:
sex is supposed to be a special thing between to ppl who are madely in love and its about the oneness and completion
Is that what Vaughn and Lauren have? They have the commitment of marriage.
:confused:

I don't think we have any reason to believe that they don't. They both seem fully committed to their marriage even if Vaughn obviously still has feelings for Sydney. Not sharing information about Sydney's alleged criminal behavior was more of a professional decisision I think and shouldn't be looked at as Vaughn compromising their relationship over feelings for Sydney. He was after all following orders. Other than that I think he's been a good husband. Hasn't he been?

SydneyFan said:

I don't think we have any reason to believe that they don't. They both seem fully committed to their marriage even if Vaughn obviously still has feelings for Sydney. Not sharing information about Sydney's alleged criminal behavior was more of a professional decisision I think and shouldn't be looked at as Vaughn compromising their relationship over feelings for Sydney. He was after all following orders. Other than that I think he's been a good husband. Hasn't he been?
well accoring to Lauren, "Vaughn protected Sydney over her"
but besides that hes been an OK husband.. but hes not fully commited to Lauren cause he loves Syd more..
and Lauren and Vaughn do have the commitment of marriage, but are they really madely in love, and "complete" eachother... -_- :D ;)

ok here's my say in this, and i have some same and different opinions than some of you people.

i think that sex is something that two people share that is private and special. but knowing that, i might as well be the only one in the world that sees it that way, so i don't blame other people for having separate/different opinions than me, and therefore i respect syd's opinion. i'm not mad at her like some of you are, and i'm not totally for it like some of you are. i'm just neutral. i think that first of all she was half drunk when it happened. and she totally LOVES will but is not IN LOVE with him. that's the only thing that i can conclude right now. remember how they were basically chugging vodka or something like that when it happened? it was kinda a spur of the moment thing, which happens in almost every tv show, movie you name it. also, remember the snowman guy? she definately slept with him, and she was attracted to vaughn. i know that's not a great comparison, but it's true.

which brings me to another point. THIS IS A TV SHOW. i know i'm doing it too, but everyone is overanalyzing this situation. vaughn should've done this, and syd shouldn't have done that. well, to tell you the truth, no one and nothing can really control what vaughn thinks/does, or what syd thinks/does. so if vaughn feels that he can get married to a woman that he "loves" in like a week, then sure, let him. it's his choice. she was dead, he was totally freaking out and about to die, so he found a nice lady to love. he still loved syd, and he loved her more, but she was dead. he got over her. and what he said about moving on...i think he said that for himself to hear it. i really do. because he obviously hasn't moved on, he just wanted himself to hear him say that; to convince himself that he has moved on even though in his heart he knows he hasn't.

one last thing. his thing with lauren? he is gonna stick with it. i can feel it. because he obviously loves her, like you can care deeply for anyone you know, but he doesn't love her as deeply as syd, because of the way he looks at syd, the way he talks about her, and the way he cares so much for her. but, he is married, and he is a gentleman, so he won't divorce her unless something extremely big happens. so therefore i'm in the middle. i don't think vaughn should do anything brash to be with syd. i don't think that syd should mope around forever and feel sorry for herself. and i don't mind if somehow syd and vaughn get back together. all i know is that i'm gonna watch the show like i always do and find out what the writers want to happen.

iLoVeAgEnTvAuGhN said:
all i know is that i'm gonna watch the show like i always do and find out what the writers want to happen.
Good for you!
;)

iLoVeAgEnTvAuGhN said:
ok here's my say in this, and i have some same and different opinions than some of you people.

i think that sex is something that two people share that is private and special. but knowing that, i might as well be the only one in the world that sees it that way, so i don't blame other people for having separate/different opinions than me, and therefore i respect syd's opinion. i'm not mad at her like some of you are, and i'm not totally for it like some of you are. i'm just neutral. i think that first of all she was half drunk when it happened. and she totally LOVES will but is not IN LOVE with him. that's the only thing that i can conclude right now. remember how they were basically chugging vodka or something like that when it happened? it was kinda a spur of the moment thing, which happens in almost every tv show, movie you name it. also, remember the snowman guy? she definately slept with him, and she was attracted to vaughn. i know that's not a great comparison, but it's true.

which brings me to another point. THIS IS A TV SHOW. i know i'm doing it too, but everyone is overanalyzing this situation. vaughn should've done this, and syd shouldn't have done that. well, to tell you the truth, no one and nothing can really control what vaughn thinks/does, or what syd thinks/does. so if vaughn feels that he can get married to a woman that he "loves" in like a week, then sure, let him. it's his choice. she was dead, he was totally freaking out and about to die, so he found a nice lady to love. he still loved syd, and he loved her more, but she was dead. he got over her. and what he said about moving on...i think he said that for himself to hear it. i really do. because he obviously hasn't moved on, he just wanted himself to hear him say that; to convince himself that he has moved on even though in his heart he knows he hasn't.

one last thing. his thing with lauren? he is gonna stick with it. i can feel it. because he obviously loves her, like you can care deeply for anyone you know, but he doesn't love her as deeply as syd, because of the way he looks at syd, the way he talks about her, and the way he cares so much for her. but, he is married, and he is a gentleman, so he won't divorce her unless something extremely big happens. so therefore i'm in the middle. i don't think vaughn should do anything brash to be with syd. i don't think that syd should mope around forever and feel sorry for herself. and i don't mind if somehow syd and vaughn get back together. all i know is that i'm gonna watch the show like i always do and find out what the writers want to happen.

Here here! :smiley: (y)

krzykty57789 said:
i wish i could jusst watch the show, but im the type person who over analyzes everything and it totally sucks
I analyze everything myself (hello, Columnist?), but rather than attempting to concentrate on judging the characters ("Sydney shouldn't have . . . Vaughn should have . . ."), I try to understand why the characters do what they do. If judgment enters in, it tends to be more in measures of probabilities, such as, "this behavior, if continued, is likely to lead to heartbreak." I don't demand that the writers craft the story in a certain way and that they make the characters behave within the narrow confines of my preconceptions. Of course, the writers rarely do anything character-wise with a character that surprises me--that is, I've never felt on Alias that they've done anything out of character with anyone. That is most certainly not true of, for example, ST: The Next Generation. (Of course, I'm not dwelling on every look and every nuance of how Sydney & Will entered each other's arms, either. Some details are given more importance than they merit because of the power with which people observe them--what with slo mo and all.)

The wonderful thing about fiction, as opposed to real life, is that motivations are generally easier to understand. And if you can learn to understand, identify with, and sympathize with fictional characters, it becomes an easier thing (I believe) to extend that to the real world and show compassion for one's fellow man, whose motivations often seem inexplicable.
;)

Back