Are you a devoted gamer?

How many hours a week do you spend playing video games? dont matter if its online or offline

• 40+ hours! Hey, Gaming is a full time hobby!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-40 hours, I might not have much of a life but its there!

• 20-30 hours, I'm more of a casual gamer.

• 10-20 hours, I play some but hey i have a life to tend to!

• 1-10 hours, I just pop on from time to time.

• 0 hours, Game? what do you mean? Like checkers?

• Total voters
I put down 20-30 hours a week becuase I don't really have a game thats addicted me yet. I'm sure when HJ comes loose we'll have to make a new section called... "80+ ADDICTED TO HJ"

Thats just me though :smiley: I try to balance a job, school, fansite, and games.

I never keep track intentionally. I do tend to online game alot, for ~20 bucks a month it keeps me from spending easily three times that on movies, single player games, bars, etc.

Originally posted by Brian@Mar 3 2006, 12:58 AM
I never keep track intentionally. I do tend to online game alot, for ~20 bucks a month it keeps me from spending easily three times that on movies, single player games, bars, etc.
I belive thats how most MMORPG justify paying $15 a month. Thats certainly how I justified it before I just said screw it, I don't need to justify anything.

Of course its kind of a hasle to pay the $15 a month or more, but its worth it in my honest opinion.

I never stop playing. In fact I have an IV tube in my arm just so i don't have to get up to go eat. :rolleyes:

You can tell I have no life from my 250 posts in 7 days since I joined the site.

Originally posted by frostydf2+Mar 3 2006, 05:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frostydf2 @ Mar 3 2006, 05:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Brian@Mar 3 2006, 12:58 AM
I belive thats how most MMORPG justify paying $15 a month. Thats certainly how I justified it before I just said screw it, I don't need to justify anything.

Of course its kind of a hasle to pay the $15 a month or more, but its worth it in my honest opinion. [/b][/quote]
Yes indeed. But it's not really a justification in my opinion. It's an actual fact. Before I got into WoW, that $15 a month used to be perhaps $100 a month on random entertainment. So I actually saved money by playing mmos.

To answer the thread, it depends on how fun the game is. When I'm having a good time and making constant meaningful progress (read between them lines) without hassle, I will play for about 35 hours a week. Once the game revokes my ability to do that, my hours rapidly drop to 7 hours a week and fade to nothing.

Originally posted by z80+May 19 2006, 12:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (z80 @ May 19 2006, 12:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 3 2006, 05:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Brian
@Mar 3 2006, 12:58 AM

Of course its kind of a hasle to pay the $15 a month or more, but its worth it in my honest opinion.
Yes indeed. But it's not really a justification in my opinion. It's an actual fact. Before I got into WoW, that $15 a month used to be perhaps $100 a month on random entertainment. So I actually saved money by playing mmos.

To answer the thread, it depends on how fun the game is. When I'm having a good time and making constant meaningful progress (read between them lines) without hassle, I will play for about 35 hours a week. Once the game revokes my ability to do that, my hours rapidly drop to 7 hours a week and fade to nothing. [/b][/quote]
Ditto.

It keeps me from spending money, but on the other hand, I sometimes forget there is someone else in my life that needs attention: My other half, and my 3 furry kids (3 cats). They need to eat and be petted now and then, and if I don't spend quality time with my other half, well... there are punishments to be dealt with :(

~ Jaraeth

If the world goes down in an apocalypse, the gamers will survive:

Chicken Flu? I'm quarantined!
Skin Cancer from high radiation? MMOs are the best sunscreen!
Whacky amok runners anywhere? Not in a gamer's basement!
Terrorist Attack? Not in a gamer's basement!

:smiley:

Uhm, you forgot the category of "Addict"... I am allways playing something. Work is the one bad habit I have that supports the rest.

"Gamez? HELZ YEA!"

Xhar

Between my full time job and wife I fall in to the "casual" category. Of course, if I was independantly wealthy and single then I'd play until my eyes fell out. Oh well. <_<

always around 40hrs + a week for me unless work gets in the way or the gf gets sick of me not answering the phone then it goes down to about umm 39 or so

Back