Season 2 Are you my father?

This episode recindled an old theory of mine... that ARVIN SLOANE IS SYDNEY'S REAL FATHER!!! I can't really recall if jack has ever called sydney 'daughter' or referred to her as 'my daughterb' but really thats a mut point. The real tell is those candid moments between jack and irena, and those between sloane and sydney.

Tonight irena and jack were talking about sloane, then immediately following, irena says "i never did thank you... for raising OUR daughter." Of course you're forced to think that OUR means jack and irena... i think she meant herself and sloane! This, plus the fact that sloane and irena seemed quite friendly at the end of the episode...

Of course this is an idea which has been building... at the end of season 1, sydney asked sloane if he'd ever wanted children... and he danced around the topic, but the way he worded his response (if he is her father) was almost as if to say "i wish i could have raised you, sydney, but my job was too demanding..."

Then there was the time when sloane said he thinks of sydney like a daughter... its almost too obvious when you consider the KINDS of plot twists they pull on this show, they have to be saving a slam dunk for the later seasons.

well, it's an interesting theory. would make sense for a sloane/irina alliance. and sloane DID call sydney his "greatest accomplishment" last week.

but still, i like jack way too much as sydney's father. :smiley:

But you almost would think that Jack would have said something by now, unless he, Sloane and Irina are all working together somehow.

(I'm going into paranoia theory overload here tonight.)

lenkid said:
But you almost would think that Jack would have said something by now, unless he, Sloane and Irina are all working together somehow.

(I'm going into paranoia theory overload here tonight.)
hahahahahaha.. :lol: see what this show does to you?!? :Paranoid: :blink:

You can all 'interesting theory' me as much as you want... its totally true.
After 'the faked insanity of arvin sloane' thing, it taught me one important rule... theres not only deception happening between the characters, but also, there is deception in the storytelling style.

Short of irena saying "remember that night you impregnated me, jack?" I'm gunna stand by my theory.

technosquid said:
You can all 'interesting theory' me as much as you want... its totally true.
After 'the faked insanity of arvin sloane' thing, it taught me one important rule... theres not only deception happening between the characters, but also, there is deception in the storytelling style.

Short of irena saying "remember that night you impregnated me, jack?" I'm gunna stand by my theory.
hey, i didn't mean "interesting theory" as an insult! :confused: i just meant interesting theory!! i even presented some evidence to help your theory! and i, myself, even had the same thought last season. so i DO think there's some validity behind your idea. however, i LIKE jack as sydney's father, so i wouldn't want sloane to be the father.

I've said this before. I think that this might be a possible red-herring storyline, but I don't see it shaking out in the long run. Why? Because the relationship of Jack and Sydney as father and daughter is fundamental to the series. And although the great love that Jack holds for his daughter would become all the more poignant if she turned out to be Sloane's biological daughter, a lot of what has happened would lose its dramatic resonance and turn hollow if we found out that Jack and Sydney were not in fact related. (Never mind that Sloane just doesn't look the part . . .) I don't see them pulling a leg right out from under the series.

But I could be wrong . . .
;)

i don't really think so. you remember when sloane touched he rhand that time, it was a little too "sexual" to be a fatherly touch

I don't think sloane is her father, only bc it would make sense into the story line that I think is transpiring. Irina is going to use sloan to bring him down, to get syd out of the CIA, although Ithink something will backfire in the end .... just MHO!

I was thinking that too, and I still do in some way. Now that Irina has been extracted by Sloane, I'm starting to think so more....EWWW!! Did you see how much older Sloane looks than her?!

Aliasgirl47 said:
i don't really think so. you remember when sloane touched he rhand that time, it was a little too "sexual" to be a fatherly touch
Yep. That was rather creepy.

lafemme said:
No, no, no... I think it's Sark that is Sloane and Irina's son.  
Eww to that, too. You'd think that Irina would have better taste. But who knows what all she's slept with for her obsession, considering Cuvee?
;)

Back