Are you playing DR right now?

Are you currently playing DR?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
Self explanatory... I'm thinking of pulling my Warrior Mage out of the depths if there are enough people playing. He's a low circle... I think in the early teens.

WHy play it while I wait for Hero's Journey? I have enough on my plate trying to do this test...I rather not worry about such games for right now, is the bottom line. Even though I have more specific reasons.

I know, but there is a lot I can do outside of the game too. Like work on college, finish this level test to see if I can cut it as a GM, etc.

I know how fun such games can be, but I am burned out recently from Vanguard and other games that never kept my expectations. As it is I rather spend my time outside or doing indoor projects.

It is summer afterall. ^^

Sense? Nahhh......I just do what comes naturally. At least, so I think anyhow. Of course, I rarely tend to think before posting a lot of times. <sighs>

I always have DR running on my second PC while I'm at my desk... at home or work. I'm playing now.. I'll definitely still be playing DR at the same time I am playing Hero's Journey, too. :smiley:

I put 'Yes', because I'm currently subscribed, but I haven't played it in weeks. You have to constantly watch the screen, and you're stuck if a battle happens. That, and the whole thing about the world seeming less like a world and more like a machine.

Not actually playing at the moment, since my subscription ran out more than a week ago. But damnit once payday gets here I'm so back.

*twitch*

I missed the Newbie Auction! *wails* I had that marked on my calendar, was saving up for it since the last one :(

I always have DR running on my second PC while I'm at my desk... at home or work. I'm playing now.. I'll definitely still be playing DR at the same time I am playing Hero's Journey, too. :smiley:

How have we still never run into each other, Nav? I've met most everyone else, some with both of my characters. You're hiding from me aren't you? *taps foot*

Currently playing and enjoying.

I've seen an Evran in TGNE a few times lately.. Is that your character?

How have we still never run into each other, Nav? I've met most everyone else, some with both of my characters. You're hiding from me aren't you? *taps foot*

No.. I actually ran into and had a conversation with (albeit one sided) Oramiwe outside the Crossing bank the other day.. I think she was off in La La Land, though.

I'm up in Haven with Smelly Cat, now.. but I'll be back in the Xing soon.

Yeah, I'm still playing, trying my hand at rangering instead of trading because trading = boring hours that are mostly able to be AFK scripted (and oh, the temptation!) whereas being a ranger is considerably more active. In fact, I've made friends as a ranger, whereas being a trader I was more or less solo while my Trading got up to par for the next circle.

Radigin is currently in Riverhaven, but is considering moving back to Crossing soon because I can't find good spots to work up skills such as scouting and swimming. I am proud, however, about the fact that at circle 1 I can take out goblins - provided I can use my bow. More than one goblin makes it considerably more difficult. Basically full offense is the only way I can win against them, so I'm thinking of going back to frogs or black rats again to get my defenses up in the low 20s. Maybe then I'll be able to actually not get hit.

The only thing that really got to be a chore for me was combat. To have text scroll like that, I think it would be a lot better if DR was turn based combat.

But, in a world where you interact with real live people, that's not possible. ;)

I love the game and still say it's a must to play and would recommend it to anyone, but I just need eye candy I suppose. Personal preference only.

Haven't started in DR, gone to graphic games with all their "eye candy," and subsequently returned to DR, I must say that I can conjure up more candy for my mind's eye than most graphical games out there.

My imagination can run unfettered in DR. I guess that's why I like it so much. I think someone said either in this thread or another, it's the difference between reading a book and then watching the movie. Excluding rare cases, the books usually beat the movie versions, hands down.

I agree with you, up until combat.

Combat by it's nature in any game is just repetitive. When it's just VERY fast scrolling text, it just eventually held no interested for me. It was only me just hitting my macro keys in repetitive ways with the same combat messages scrolling by very fast that sometimes I could barely keep up when faced with more than one person around or more than one enemy.

That's why when I finally was free again to play a game, it just didn't pull me back.

Back