Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Today's contestant was a 1st Grade Teacher. She was uncertain a few times, but played better than anyone so far. She won $500,000 and had a chance to play for $1 Million.

Jeff Foxworthy does the dirty trick of scaring the contestants into doubting themselves, to get them to waste their "Helps". For example: In the question, "Marc Anthony was married to which Egyptian Queen?" The answer was obviously Cleopatra and that was the answer the woman gave. Foxworthy mentioned there was more than one Marc Anthony, so the woman dropped her head down, thinking that she was wrong. Then Foxworthy said "The other one married J-Lo!" :P

She won $500,000 and had a chance to play for $1 Million. Instead of getting to see the question first like the earlier rounds, then deciding whether to risk their money, the contestant only gets the topic. Face with the topic: 5th Grade Music, she said that she couldn't take the risk despite playing violin for 10 years.

The question wasn't hard to answer: What composer wrote "The Four Seasons?"
Vivaldi
- Oh, I wish that I could have played. I don't think they'd allow Canadian participation - our educational subjects differ.

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

Tonight's contestant won $500,000. He was a Captain in the US Marine Corps.

On his second last question, he named 'Roosevelt' as the only president to be elected to 4 terms, but when informed that there were 2 presidents who were Roosevelts, he said it was Theodore Roosevelt! :blink: Thank goodness, he had his kid helper save him.

On his last question before he quit, the captain knew "Ivan the Great, was Czar of what country?" He correctly said that it was Russia, but Jeff Foxworthy talked down to him as if he was wrong. Jeff brought up some nonsense about what was the name of Russia before that, as if it was part of why the contestant was wrong. I guess the producers want him to create suspense. :rolleyes:

The contestant chickened out of the Million Dollar Question upon seeing that the question was World history. The question turned out to be "Name the French explorer who discovered the St. Lawrence River in Canada."

The captain said that it was a good thing that he quit since he had no idea. :rolleyes: This is an answer that is fundamental to the exploration of North America. The answer is
Jacques Cartier.

I swear, some of those questions they ask aren't even 5th grade questions, lol. -I- get stumped on a few, like that river one SuperIntelligent mentioned. I wouldn't have known that!!

Did you see the one where a woman thought Africa was a country or something? Classic.

I swear, some of those questions they ask aren't even 5th grade questions, lol. -I- get stumped on a few, like that river one SuperIntelligent mentioned. I wouldn't have known that!!

Did you see the one where a woman thought Africa was a country or something? Classic.

If you click on my username, you'll see that it really "superintelligentone". For some reason, the bulletin board can't display all of it. :blink:

Back