Politics Are you worried Bush will invade more countries?

Are you worried Bush will invade more countries?

• all the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its a huge worry

• every now and then

• sometimes

• no I trust him

• not at all

• never

• Total voters
I've not got the impression Blair has said we would invade Syria.

and how are we going to invade Syria and Iran stay in Iraq and stablise Lebanon to stop there being another civil war.

y'all know about the genocide in Sudan right (the Sudanese government is killing thousands of their own people in a western district called Darfur)? did you know that Bush is actually supporting the Sudanese government?

It's not a constant worry for me...but I do believe that before he's out of office another country (at least one) will be invaded...and I disagree with the very thought.

There have been rumors (and please, let me stress rumors [though so more valid than others]...don't want anyone saying that I was the first person to suggest it or that I actually said it was going to happen) of an invasion of Syria or Iran...

According to this article it would be hard for us to sustain another war. Bush seems to be in denial about this though.

Iraq, Afghan wars reportedly strain U.S. fighting ability
From Kathleen Koch
CNN Washington Bureau
Tuesday, May 3, 2005 Posted: 8:39 PM EDT (0039 GMT)

Gen. Richard Myers testifies last week on Capitol Hill.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has issued a report to Congress that said the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan could hamstring the U.S. ability to fight other wars, a senior military official told CNN.

The chairman, Gen. Richard Myers, supplied the report, an annual document on the U.S. military's ability to carry out war plans, to the lawmakers.

In a news conference last week, President Bush said Myers told him that "we have plenty of capacity."

Bush said he asked the general, "Do you feel that we've limited our capacity to deal with other problems because of our troop levels in Iraq?

"And the answer is, no, he doesn't feel we're limited," Bush said.

White House spokesman Trent Duffy reiterated Tuesday the president's belief that the military is prepared for whatever it may face.

"We are at war, and that level of operations does have some impact on troops," Duffy said. "But the president continues to be confident, as well as his military commanders, that we can meet any threat decisively."

The senior military official told CNN that because of the U.S. deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, the report concludes that future armed conflicts would last longer and produce higher casualties.

The report finds that the United States still would have the ability to win another military face-off but wouldn't be able to build up its forces as quickly as it did for the Iraq war.

"It would be harder to sprint that fast," the official said.

The report cites areas in particular stress: stockpiles of precision weapons and the availability of pre-positioned equipment, including vehicles, and reserve units -- who are providing much of the combat support in Iraq.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman downplayed the findings, calling the report an "internal management tool."

"What is certain is the U.S. military remains capable of executing every mission it is assigned," Whitman said.

But he acknowledged fighting multiple conflicts simultaneously can put stress on forces.

"If you're doing A, B and C and are asked to do D, will D be harder? Sure," Whitman said.

Speaking at his news conference Thursday, the president said that while troop levels were down in South Korea, for example, "we traded troops for new equipment."

"We brought ... our troop levels down in South Korea but replaced those troops with more capacity," Bush said.

the more i think about it, the less i fear another invasion. Bush and his administration are scared of the "D" word and this whole Iraq Quagmire is really straining our troops/reserves/National Guard. the administration is so desperate that the only way to reinstate the Draft without the American people getting pissed off is to orchastrate another terrorist attack. hey, the draft is coming one way or another, if it means killing thousands of Americans like Pearl Harbor, he'll do it.

did you know that Bush is actually supporting the Sudanese government?

Admittadly I live in Britain, but isn't the American state department, the only significant people to claim there was genocide in Sudan? And while in the technical sense of the word, the UN was right (all though fat lot of good its done about it since.) in practice that makes no difference to the people in Darfur. America from what I've seen certainly has a stronger line, than certain European Countries.

the more i think about it, the less i fear another invasion. Bush and his administration are scared of the "D" word and this whole Iraq Quagmire is really straining our troops/reserves/National Guard. the administration is so desperate that the only way to reinstate the Draft without the American people getting pissed off is to orchastrate another terrorist attack. hey, the draft is coming one way or another, if it means killing thousands of Americans like Pearl Harbor, he'll do it

No matter how much you dislike him, he's not my favourite person, there is no way he would deliberatly orchestrate the killing of thousands of people, just to invade somewhere else. I think thats a very unfair accusation. He doesn't need a Pearl Harbour to do that. There are plenty of threats to Western interests without resorting to baseless accusations.

Personally, I think there should be military action in Sudan and many other parts of Africa, poverty and this kind of absentism of Western governments breeds fundementalism. Loads of the terrorists arrested in Europe recently have been of Algerian, Morroccan and Nigerian origin. How long before it spreads to the rest of Africa.

By letting people live like this and being passive, will store up massive problems for the future.

noggi16 said:
No matter how much you dislike him, he's not my favourite person, there is no way he would deliberatly orchestrate the killing of thousands of people, just to invade somewhere else. I think thats a very unfair accusation. He doesn't need a Pearl Harbour to do that. There are plenty of threats to Western interests without resorting to baseless accusations.
[post="1326736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
im not saying that he'll orchestrate an attack to justify invading another country. im saying that he'll do it to justify a draft to maintain our presence in Iraq. our "democracy" is slipping away into the grasp of fascism.

im not saying that he'll orchestrate an attack to justify invading another country. im saying that he'll do it to justify a draft to maintain our presence in Iraq. our "democracy" is slipping away into the grasp of fascism.

I don't think it will come to that. And if we have to have conscription here to fight in Iraq, I wouldn't shirk it.

Let's not forget the countries we've already invaded. Things have heated up in Afghanistan lately:

Clerics threaten holy war over alleged Quran desecrations
Sunday, May 15, 2005 Posted: 7:33 AM EDT (1133 GMT)

FAIZABAD, Afghanistan (Reuters) -- A group of Afghan Muslim clerics have threatened to call for a holy war against the United States in three days unless it hands over military interrogators reported to have desecrated the Quran.

The warning on Sunday came after 16 Afghans were killed and more than 100 hurt last week in the worst anti-U.S. protests across the country since U.S. forces invaded in 2001 to oust the Taliban for sheltering Osama bin Laden and his al Qaeda network.

The clerics in the northeastern province of Badakhshan said they wanted U.S. President George W. Bush to handle the matter honestly "and hand the culprits over to an Islamic country for punishment."

"If that does not happen within three days, we will launch a jihad against America," said a statement issued by about 300 clerics, referring to Muslim holy war, after meeting in the main mosque in the provincial capital, Faizabad.

The statement was read out by Abdul Fatah Fayeq, the top judicial official in the mountainous, conservative province near the borders of Tajikistan and China.

Muslim clerics have traditionally been teachers and leaders in Afghan society and throughout its history they have rallied public opinion and sometimes led uprisings against unpopular rulers and foreign occupiers.

Newsweek magazine said in its May 9 edition investigators probing abuses at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay found that interrogators "had placed Qurans on toilets, and in at least one case flushed a holy book down the toilet."

Muslims consider the Quran the literal word of God and treat each book with deep reverence.

The United States has tried to calm global Muslim outrage over the incident, saying disrespect for the Quran was abhorrent and would not be tolerated, and military authorities were investigating the allegation.

Growing protests
Another group of clerics in the north demanded punishment for those responsible for desecrating the Quran but did not call for holy war, the governor of Kunduz province said.

The protests began in the eastern city of Jalalabad on Tuesday. Violence broke out there on Wednesday and there were clashes in several other places on Thursday and Friday.

Scattered protests on Saturday were mostly peaceful, while on Sunday no demonstrations were reported.

While some Afghan analysts say Muslim rage over the desecration report sparked the protests, not hatred of America, there is growing resentment of U.S. troops, especially in southeastern areas where they are most active.

The United States commands a foreign force in Afghanistan of about 18,300, most of them American, fighting Taliban insurgents and hunting militant leaders, including bin Laden.

President Hamid Karzai, a staunch U.S. ally, has urged the United States to punish anyone found guilty of desecrating the Quran. He said foreign hands were behind the disturbances, but did not identify them.

The anti-U.S. protesters have also criticized Karzai and his U.S.-backed government, attacking and torching provincial offices and police stations as well as U.N. and aid agency compounds.

Things have really been heating up in Afghanistan. Sadly we're on our way to have our most deadly year (as far as US troops deaths go) since the war over there started. Yet it flows under the radar.

We've lost 182 American troops over there. 12 in 2001. 43 in 2002. 46 in 2003. 52 in 2004. And already 29 this year.

How could you not be afraid that Bush might invade? After seeing what he's done already, and having seen his judgement so far... I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up invading more countries that want to be left alone.

How can one be fearful of additional pre-emptive strikes against governments that may be conspiring against us when the army is already being used in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Back