ARISTA

M

Marlene

I was just wodnering if any of you have ever heard of ARISTA? Its supposedly a "Nationally Recognized Honor society" that I am pissed off at. There is no official site or handbook that I can find. I need some real guidelines so I can have a basis for my letter to the damned assistant pricipal that is running it. And if she kicks me out for "causing problems" then good riddance. I'm not going to be in an honor society that changes its way of electing it's president from democratic to communistic! Since when is a president elected "randomly"?

And when you request for how the people were picked she was unsure of her answer? Hrm...1st it was "It was my choice!"...then after some staring down "Erm...it was random..." Must find ARISTA website...and figure out if it is "nationally recognized."

It reminds me of an sorority though...ARISTA means "the best" in Greek. And there are chapters throughout the community, induction ceromonies...and the way they are running it this year. Its just one big sorority....the majority of the members are girls anyways.

would n e 1 like to edit? my complaint letter to ms. greene.

It has come to my attention that the method in which the I.S.125's Chapter of ARISTA, elected our President and Vice-president is in violation of the NJHS constitution, the governing basis ARISTA is established on. This can be accessed at http://www.nhs.us/constitution/njhs_constitution.cfm if there are any discrepancies.

Article XI: Section 1 states that "The officers of the chapter, their duties, and the method of their election shall be determined by the members of the chapter, approved by the Faculty Council and the principal, and described in the chapter bylaws." This evidently did not occur during the selection of our officers. It is an outrage that the members of our chapter had absolutely no say in this process. Not only was there no election this year, we were given a poor reason to why the officers were chosen, which changed from it being an individual's choice to something along the lines that they were selected on a random basis. Either response made, is still in violation of the NJHS constitution.

My main concern was to bring this to your attention, so that the future President and Vice-president hopefuls will not be oppressed of their rights. Hopefully, a legitimate explanation can also be made so that the members are informed of this matter.

:D Pretty good grammar and spelling wise, but the rest baffles me! As far as I knew ARISTA was a record company, lol. Sorry, back to the serious stuff, I studied Sociology and a module was politics, but British politics, so when it comes to the U.S government, okay just President Bush, what can I say, I think he's an idiot! (n)

P.S Great letter though!

Marlene said:
would n e 1 like to edit? my complaint letter to ms. greene.

It has come to my attention that the method in which the I.S.125's Chapter of ARISTA, elected our President and Vice-president is in violation of the NJHS constitution, the governing basis ARISTA is established on. This can be accessed at http://www.nhs.us/constitution/njhs_constitution.cfm if there are any discrepancies.

Article XI: Section 1 states that "The officers of the chapter, their duties, and the method of their election shall be determined by the members of the chapter, approved by the Faculty Council and the principal, and described in the chapter bylaws." This evidently did not occur during the selection of our officers. It is an outrage that the members of our chapter had absolutely no say in this process. Not only was there no election this year, we were given a poor reason to why the officers were chosen, which changed from it being an individual's choice to something along the lines that they were selected on a random basis. Either response made, is still in violation of the NJHS constitution.

My main concern was to bring this to your attention, so that the future President and Vice-president hopefuls will not be oppressed of their rights. Hopefully, a legitimate explanation can also be made so that the members are informed of this matter.
You tell her how it's done! ;)

Back