Armageddon

thebiv said:
When you do just make sure to let us here from the hall have good lead henchmen spots.

I've always preferred the 'behind the scenes advisor' role. Almost all the power with none of the risks of being a high profile leader. Not that I think Daax would be at risk as a leader... I mean, I fully expect him to be an insane tyrant--I mean a benevolent dictator.

But like all plot devices go, what always happens to that behind the scenes advisor when he gets over-confident and oversteps his boundaries?

The evil tyrant has to put some foot to ass.

Ah yes, but as you just said- it happens so often that there are near infinite examples of what I should not do. Instead of having one textbook, by now I have the entire world history of advisor mistakes fully indexed. Smart, politically savvy, cautious, and well-informed are > tradition.
*cackles maniacally*
Erm... *flips to page 1,463 of the manual and skims it* Yeah, I should'a supressed that in front of you. Damn... I'll work on that for next time.

I want to be the official Jester/Assassin. I'd be all, like, dancing around 'n stuff and then SH-TINK! Throwing knife through the throat of the visiting diplomat, straight into the chair behind him. 'Cause, you know, those things are sharp. Also, I get access to the official court tailor. A Fool's got to look his best at all times, you know.

Percy can be the official court magistrate, Blur can be the official court minstrel, Leo can be his swooning damsel, and WatchMaker can be the poopsmith.

i want to be the friend/confidant. the one who you alwasy trust w/ your secrets and seek advice from about how your behind the scenes advisor might be trying to over throw you.

I'm not really going to take over Elanthia. I feel this played out joke of mine has led many to believe I'll play as a maniacal tyrant in HJ. But I'm not. I'm more of the eccentric loudmouth yet underestimated protagonist.