Comedy Around the World in 80 Days (2004)

SecretAgentMan

Caution: Beware of Male
Title: Around the World in 80 Days

Tagline: Let your imagination soar.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Director: Frank Coraci

Cast: Jackie Chan, Steve Coogan, Cécile de France, Jim Broadbent, Ewen Bremner, Karen Mok, Ian McNeice, Roger Hammond, David Ryall, Mark Addy, Richard Branson, John Cleese, Will Forte, Macy Gray, Sammo Hung, Rob Schneider, Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson, Kathy Bates, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michaël Youn, Maggie Q, Daniel Wu, Robert Fyfe, Adam Godley, Wolfram Teufel, Patrick Paroux, Perry Andelin Blake, Eva Ebner, Natalie Denise Sperl, Ken Lo, Mars, William Duen

Release: 2004-06-16

Runtime: 120

Plot: A bet pits a British inventor, a Chinese thief and a French artist on a worldwide adventure that they can circle the globe in 80 days.
Around the World in 80 Days (2004)

Action/Adventure and Comedy

2 hrs. 00 min.

This version of the classic novel set in 1872 focuses on Passepartout (Chan), a Chinese thief who steals a valuable jade Buddha and then seeks refuge in the traveling companionship of an eccentric London inventor and adventurer, Phileas Fogg (Coogan), who has taken on a bet with members of his gentlemens' club that he can make it around the world in a mere 80 days, using a variety of means of transportation, like boats, trains, balloons, elephants, etc. Along the way, Passepartout uses his amazing martial arts abilities to defend Fogg from the many dangers they face. One major threat to their adventure is a detective that's following them. Why? Just as Fogg and Passeportout left London, a major bank was robbed, with Fogg suspected of using the "around the world" trip as an excuse to escape. Their path from London and back includes stops in Paris, Turkey, India, China and the United States of America.

Release Date: June 16th, 2004 (wide).

MPAA Rating: PG for action violence, some crude humor and mild language.

Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures

Starring: Jackie Chan, Steve Coogan, Jim Broadbent, Kathy Bates, John Cleese
Directed by: Frank Coraci
Produced by: Hal Lieberman, Bill Badalato

Trailers

Reviews

I'm not really too excited about this movie, just for the fact, that they have Jackie Chan in it, and then having him go around the world in a hot air balloon with two other people.one of the reasons i'd go see it would have to be just because of Arnold Schwarenegger's role in the movie. He looks funny. :lol:

movie adaptations of classic books are generally disappointing for me. being the classics reader that i am, i hope the movie wouldn't go through such lengths as to make the story "new" and changing it altogether. since it's not yet showing here, i can't see it yet. but when i do, i hope it would turn out to be ok.