GFX Art of Pinnelipe

Maybe not art exactly, but it is a new possible sig. I did not draw the picture but I did edit the colors around! (original found here)

Utasiginvertcopy.jpg

It's a little busy, but I like the invert effect anyhow. I think some lines under the words would make them more legible, but I'm experiencing some technical difficulties with it..

Wow. I can hardly read that. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but... Also pretty dizzying... @-)

Uta meant to do that to you, Kuzzle. She's evil like that.

Edit: Ainilome helped with some changes. See if this is better or worse than the previous version shown..

Utasiginvert6.jpg

Max. For some reason, the school will not teach us anything about Maya until we are in our 3rd or 4th year. I'm actually one of the worst students with it in the class, but I think my design is winning out over my faults for once.

Oh! Today, she got her toenails, parts of her clothes, and a belly button!

Belly Button? Why, in my day, we hatched out of eggs, and nobody complained. Not a belly button among us, back then. But no, you youngsters just have to have yet another thing to hang jewelry off of... It's just plain indecent! :smiley:p)

Heh. A trillion times better than any graphical art I can produce.

My ladyfriend draws avidly, and my roommate as well, although he's much further along in skill level than she is. My own drawing skills are limited to technical sketches. You want a practicle schematic of an object, tool, or weapon? That I can do. But anything with style or human subjects, I can't pull off.

The curse of being a writer is that you tend to stink at drawing. So now you have all these ideas in your head and you can try to describe them, but at some point it just seems like it would be so much clearer in a picture. How can you describe the look of an oddly shaped object? You have to go into a long, technical detail that bores the reader and challenges them to remember every little descriptor.

"Projecting two inches from the frontal face of the adjacent side is a raised, oblong flow-valve of burnished bronze, divited in the center and tapered along the edges to meet the curved surface of the facepiece. A six foot hose connects from the side of the radial valve to a rear facing compression and storage tank, which is set at a rough 30 degree angle from the main chassis, etc, etc."

A simple graphical representation just tends to be so much clearer, and more immediately understandable.

~Dune Walker~

Heh. A trillion times better than any graphical art I can produce.

My ladyfriend draws avidly, and my roommate as well, although he's much further along in skill level than she is. My own drawing skills are limited to technical sketches. You want a practicle schematic of an object, tool, or weapon? That I can do. But anything with style or human subjects, I can't pull off.

The curse of being a writer is that you tend to stink at drawing. So now you have all these ideas in your head and you can try to describe them, but at some point it just seems like it would be so much clearer in a picture. How can you describe the look of an oddly shaped object? You have to go into a long, technical detail that bores the reader and challenges them to remember every little descriptor.

"Projecting two inches from the frontal face of the adjacent side is a raised, oblong flow-valve of burnished bronze, divited in the center and tapered along the edges to meet the curved surface of the facepiece. A six foot hose connects from the side of the radial valve to a rear facing compression and storage tank, which is set at a rough 30 degree angle from the main chassis, etc, etc."

A simple graphical representation just tends to be so much clearer, and more immediately understandable.

~Dune Walker~

It really has nothing to do with writing, but to do with what you focus yourself on. I need to know at least a little about drawing. I want to know at least a little about drawing. I'm trying to learn better, but my wrists are starting to make it hard to get complicated sketches done with all the time I spend on a computer as well.

It's about being a jack of all trades or not. I write a little, I draw a little, but I can't call myself a writer in the author sense or an artist in the published work sense. Just someone who dabbles and enjoys art in many forms.

Max. For some reason, the school will not teach us anything about Maya until we are in our 3rd or 4th year. I'm actually one of the worst students with it in the class, but I think my design is winning out over my faults for once.

Oh! Today, she got her toenails, parts of her clothes, and a belly button!

I think this post is like, 6 months old, but I wonder if your school taught you Max first because it has really awesome modeling tools, that I wish were in Maya.

My school didn't bother teaching us 3D Studio Max, I had to learn it more or less on my own before I taught at the Tech Camp. I'm a little annoyed that i never had instruction on it, because most Game Companies use max because it imports pretty seamless to most games (.3DS, .max)

When we took our VR class at bowling green, we used an engine called blitz 3D, which didn't import Maya files at all >_< It could import .obj, .x and .3ds (heh go figure) we had to download a 3rd party "animation studio" that worked just for blitz where you would import your model and make really REALLY crude animations in it >_< it was about 3 meg in size and was really bad :-|

They probably decided to eventually teach you maya as soon as you started animating because Maya's animation tools are really in-depth and awesome! Making rigs is a little more complex than max, but it's pretty awesome once you learn what you're doing.

::REVIVES THE 3D ART DISCUSSION BWAHAHAHA!!!::

Back