Article on MMORPG.com: Visit to Simutronics

Karetyr

Cadet
Link.

A reporter visited Simutronics and brought back a report with a few minor new details about Hero's Journey and some photos of the current building.

There's a photo of David Hasslehoff on their concept art pinboard. This frightens me.

I think this is just NOT my day. Been trumped twice, first by Dyngo, then by you Riceman on the main page (I was in the midst of writing the news post when you posted it). I think I'm going back to bed.

That's what happens when there is no real "news" for nearly two months. Everyone pounces on it like rabid dogs. /shrug

Simu-Steph commented in the thread (about the article):

The list of races hasn't changed since our last reassessment. There was a minor error in the article. It has been corrected (along with a couple others). Qwi are still Ilvari-Burian hybrids.

There will still be morphing. The Ilvari-Burian-Human morph you saw at E3 and in some movies was just a proof of concept . We are anticipating that each race will have three morph targets to shift between, and in the case of the Silvan (Ilvari-Human), Qwi (Burian-Ilvari), and Dranaar (Burian-Human), we are going to be morphing between their parent races to give that mixed look.

This is still somewhat in development, though. We'll be playing with that feature in the engine sometime at the end of this month or start of the next. I hope to get our new AV dude working on getting some movies of just this sort of thing up...sometime.

Thanks to all of you with your kind words. They are greatly appreciated here at the offices. And man, I look half-asleep in that photo. :P

As far as ergonomics go -- my office is usually quite dark, with natural lighting. We purposefully turn off all the lights in the art section because the artists request it. The chairs are raised and lowered as per the individual's preference. Josh S. is a low-rider. He's also an artist. And as we all know, artists are nuts.

S.D. Shaver
Hero's Journey Lead Designer

I hope to get our new AV dude working on getting some movies of just this sort of thing up...sometime.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

..dont like the "somtime" tho... usually is a bad sign!

50 levels at launch wow, did i remember reading somewhere that one recieves 2 skills per level? And if they are planning to go to level 100 - 200 =)

I skimmed it, but it didn't seem to have any real info, so it couldn't hold my attention. All it managed to do was make me want the game more... :(2 Hero's Journey and Mass Effect, how I long to play you both.

Aye, there were also quite a few errors in the article that had to be fixed, as Steph pointed out. Not to mention misspelling Simutronics! Oh well. I raised my eyebrows when I read that the Qwi were now "dark elves." LOL But alas, they are still half Ilvari, half Burian.

The biggest "error", IMHO, is the lack of screenshots...

You invite a reporter for almost a whole day, but don't let her take a few screenies with her back home...?! What's that all about?

The biggest "error", IMHO, is the lack of screenshots...

You invite a reporter for almost a whole day, but don't let her take a few screenies with her back home...?! What's that all about?

As an offisite GM, it was interesting to see pics of Simu and their work environment. ... They definitely need bigger offices.

Back