As Long As She Can Remember

Okay, next Chapter. Hope ya like it :D!!!
PMs are being stupid, and I'm tired and want to sleep, so I'll send them out tomorrow, so if you don't get one, and you wanted one don't worry

Chapter 4

Total immobility; that is what Sydney felt at that moment. She was relaxed, her mind felt at ease, and her breathing was calm and steady. She indulged in the quiet, and let her mind wander to the unfamiliar territory of peace.

Eventually she knew it would become apparent that she move from her restful position in bed, but the blankets were just so warm, and the world, for once, was so welcoming. She didn’t want to ruin the tranquility in which she was finding herself in.

She looked out the window, and saw the warm sun shinning through the clear glass window welcoming a new day. One thing Sydney had learned was that with each day she had to start out with a positive perspective on life or she would end up a cold, heartless woman; one thing she didn’t want to see herself as. She learned that the hard way, starting off her teenage years wishing for a normal life. Something she now understood would never come for her.

She closed her eyes, and sighed, ready to face what lie ahead. She attempted to rise out of bed, but the feeling didn’t come. Slowly, Sydney attempted to push herself out of her position with her arms. Fear overwhelmed her in one fast motion. Her arms weren’t moving. Her legs were completely still. She found herself in a complete state of shock and fear. Paralyzed; both with fear and literally.

Sydney frantically tried to turn her head, and attempted to lift her hands, but it was impossible; she wasn’t moving. She tried to remain calm; something that she was having extreme difficulty accomplishing.

“Okay, Sydney breathe,” she whispered to herself, as she tried to think of something that she could do to get out of this predicament, but the more Sydney thought the more panicked she became.

She couldn’t move!

~*~*~*~

House of Unknown...

She held the phone in her right hand, but quickly switched it to her left when she heard the voice on the other end.

“Irina?” she asked slowly.

“Yes,” Irina stated simply

“What are you doing? This goes against protocol!”

“Does it?” Irina challenged.

“What do you mean does it? Of course it does! The only reason would be…,” she trailed off.

“Would be?”

“Oh god!” She put a hand to her mouth.

“Yes, we are in great trouble. Now I suggest you start concentrating on the situation at hand.

Upstairs

He started up at the ceiling, trying to find someway to entertain himself. The ceiling was plain and white. Not a dent in it, not a thing wrong with it, but for some reason that didn’t help his gloomy mood.

He thought about his mom, and how odd she had been acting the past couple days. Like something was distracting her. She seemed to walk right through him when they would pass each other in the halls of the gigantic house. He didn’t know what he could do to help with her peculiar mood. If she barely acknowledged him by simply saying hello she wasn’t about to get into a long in-depth conversation about what was troubling her. He just had to accept the fact that his mother had secrets that she wasn’t about to share with him. He learned that early on in his childhood days when he had asked his mother the simple question of what she was doing, and she exploded into a rage like he had never witnessed before. Of course- like all parents- she came upstairs to apologize two seconds after, but he still kept that memory with him to remind himself not to ask, and to let her go on with her work in solitude.

He swung his feet over the side of the bed, disgusted with himself; it was a beautiful, sunny day, and he knew he shouldn’t be wasting it staring up at the ceiling thinking about his poor, pathetic life.

He made his way down the hall, going to see his mother. Some social contact would maybe improve his mood. Even if his only person to talk to was his mom at least it was someone.

As he was walking down the stairs he heard the tail end of the conversation.

“Yes, of course. I’ll make sure to take care of it.”

Curious?

~*~*~*~

Derevko Household

That was taken care of now. At least she had one thing off her mind.

Irina walked over to the kitchen, and replaced her fourth cup of coffee with her fifth. She was running on caffeine now. Two days without sleep could do that to you. No where near her personal record though.

All she had to do now was wait. Only problem was, for Irina, waiting was painful. Waiting for some like this was unimaginable torture.

~*~*~*~

Hotel Room 347

Okay, I can’t call anyone for help. Nobody is going to hear me through these walls no matter how loud I scream. The only thing that Sydney could possibly hope for was that somebody would eventually come check on her. She might not have that time unfortunately.

Determination flooded through Sydney’s veins. She could do this! She had to do this! She didn’t know how she was going to get out her paralyzed state, but she knew that sooner or later she had to do this herself!

She tried desperately moving her head from side to side. Nothing. Only her eyes were moving. The rest of the head was completely immobile.

She tried moving her legs up and down. She looked to see if there was any movement, but nothing was happening.

“Ugh!”

She tried her toes.

She tried her feet.

Her hands.

Her fingers.

Her arms.

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing, Nothing. Nothing.

Relax.

Let go of all emotion, and just let your muscles completely loose. Breathe in deep breathes, and just stay calm.

Movement.

Right index finger.

Left thumb.

Left hand.

Right arm.

Both legs.

Entire Body.

Like a bullet Sydney sat up straight hugging her pillow tight to her chest. Immediately she started to sob.

What the hell just happened?

There you go. Hope you enjoyed. R&R!

~Andrea :angelic:

Like a bullet Sydney sat up straight hugging her pillow tight to her chest. Immediately she started to sob.

What the hell just happened?
Would love to know that too!! Awesome chapter :D Can't wait till next update.

Okay, I've been trying to get the PMs to work for like an hour now, and they're not going anywhere, so I'm really sorry, but I don't know if PMs will be sent. Most of the people who are on the PM list have been replied already :D

Sorry

~Andrea :angelic:

OMG this is terrifying! What happened? Please update soon! Read the last ocuple chapters and loved them all. Many questions. Great job.

Back