Horror Ash vs Evil Dead (2015– )

Tom

An Old Friend
MV5BMTg1MzIzNjY5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTA1MzQxNTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

TV Series | 30 min | Action, Comedy, Horror
Ash vs Evil Dead (TV Series 2015–2018) - IMDb
Starz! (2015) (USA) (TV)

30 years after the events of Evil Dead, Ash is a loner, living a dull existence, still not able to come to grips with the events that started at the cabin. In the event of a deadite invasion Ash must attach his chainsaw and pick up his trusty boomstick one more time, all while finally coming to terms with his past.​

Full Interview!
New Deadites! Everything You Need To Know About The New Evil Dead Show

I09 Interview said:
Rob Tapert: You know, it is a serialized storytelling, since it’s on premium cable, so there’s an overarching plot. But each episode is still a self-contained story. The characters themselves are on a bigger journey, and therefore those who turn in every week will be rewarded, but the casual viewer can come in and out and kind of get what’s going on.

So 30 years later, I’ve learned a few tricks. Sam’s learned a few tricks. Rob’s learned a few tricks. And now we get to apply that toward this. And to me, that’s really one of the most exciting parts about it, is to now get back in there as an adult actor and make this character hum.

Rob Tapert: Yes, we absolutely want to continue the Evil Dead tradition. We’re working with a great makeup effects artist down in New Zealand called (Roger Murray). We worked with him on various things over the years, and, you know, that’s one of the expectations from the franchise — of makeup effects, gore effects. So absolutely we plan to have those and to continue on with what the audience expects from the franchise in yet a new and different way.

Bruce Campbell: I’ll add to that also. This is not going to be a watered down version of Evil Dead. The very first Evil Dead has no rating. The second Evil Dead has no rating. Only Army of Darkness was the only one that was ever rated. So thankfully, by partnering with Starz, the gloves are off and we have no restrictions — almost literally. And that’s going to suit the Evil Dead fan because they don’t like it watered down. They want the hardcore stuff and they’re going to get it.

Can hardly believe no one is talking the best ever television show that hasn't aired yet, get ready for the return of the King ...

Can hardly believe no one is talking the best ever television show that hasn't aired yet, get ready for the return of the King ...
Is it airing only on Starz? That might be why not much talk about it (at least in the States) since here Starz is a "premium" pay channel.

Back