Ashlee Simpson - How long before she quits?

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
Personally I have nothing against her, but I think she just may be the worst celebrity of all time.

Want proof??

Visit www.stopashlee.com! This is currently the most popular petition on the largest petition website on the Internet - petitiononline.com - having received about 10 times more signatures than any other petition on their site (at over 122,000 signatures - the second most popular has like 13,000!).

If you are annoyed by fake people and fake celebrities, well, sign the petition.

When I was a young kid and during my teenage years I listened to rock music - some from the 80's, and popular alternative rock bands. And of course, stuff like Nirvana, Green Day, Pearl Jam, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc.

But Ashlee Simpson makes those bands seem like the next coming of The Beatles and Elvis put together!

And it's not just her - Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, you get the point (but please, feel free to add to this list).

In some ways I feel bad for Ashlee though - after her little monkey dance on SNL and all those people booing her at the Orange Bowl a couple weeks ago, I just can't see who would buy an album of hers.

But, here, we get to the problem. It just seems like these cheesy pop stars with no talent whatsoever will continue to sell enough to be recognized by the mainstream media. What the hell is wrong with kids in today's society? Why do these retards even make it to the top 100 of the Billboard chart?

Sign that petition!

Due to this sensitive day and age (when posts on LJ are reported to the Secret Service, et al), and the desire to avoid possible conflict on AA by calling for a very young celebrity's demise, topic has been edited.

this topic is awesome

i'd give her a week
because next week she's probably going to go to the bank and go "oh look! the chairs are nice!" and then she'lll quit her singing career to beome banker

and then she'll start crying because she doesn't want to wear a suit

Bubbles said:
this topic is awesome
[post="1170073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yes, yes it is. I just wonder what else it will take for her to realize how bad she is...I mean, seriously, how much humiliation can one person take?!?!?! :lol:

what does la la mean anyway?
sounds like something that I'D say
something that means nothing
:blink:

the petition has been signed by juju THREE TIMES

I wish she would get clued in to the fact that she has no talent she can't sing and would stop riding her sisters coattales. Jessica is the talent in that family. :redhair:

Due to this sensitive day and age (when posts on LJ are reported to the Secret Service, et al), and the desire to avoid possible conflict on AA by calling for a very young celebrity's demise, topic has been edited.

I watched her show on MTV last night and it was hilarious to listen to her try and spin the whole SNL fiasco into something she was coerced into doing because her voice failed.

hey i was watching that too!

I signed that petition

I mean if singing is harming her voice I don't think she's meant to be a singer. I honestly think she should just go on with her life and be in the position of Jessica Simpson's little sister.

full_bLown_Rose said:
I mean if singing is harming her voice I don't think she's meant to be a singer.  I honestly think she should just go on with her life and be in the position of Jessica Simpson's little sister.
[post="1199514"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Or being on crappy tv shows, like 7th heaven. God that show is corny. She fit right in.

Retards? I think that that is an unfair statement. Fair enough you dont like her music but have you ever met her or talked to her? I highly soubt it so you can not label people like Hilary, Britney or Lindsay just because you dont like their music. If you were in their position wouldnt you be hurt to know that people were labelling you just because they didnt like your music? People called you a retard just because they themselves feel a need to put others down just because of the mere fact they dislike you music?

She's slowly self-destructing, but Papa Joe (who is no doubt the creepiest manager/father ever) would never let her quit. The man gives new meaning to the term 'pushover.'

vaughnandsyd4eva said:
Retards? I think that that is an unfair statement. Fair enough you dont like her music but have you ever met her or talked to her? I highly soubt it so you can not label people like Hilary, Britney or Lindsay just because you dont like their music. If you were in their position wouldnt you be hurt to know that people were labelling you just because they didnt like your music? People called you a retard just because they themselves feel a need to put others down just because of the mere fact they dislike you music?
[post="1201522"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

GOOOO ED!!!

(how are you hun??)

I always say dont judge people unless you have dont it yourself, have any of you ever made music, or worse yet put it out there for people to judge? i doubt it leave the girl alone, i dont like her music but im not going to sign a petition for her to stop making music, stop being music snobs

GOOOO ED!!!

(how are you hun??)

I always say dont judge people unless you have dont it yourself, have any of you ever made music, or worse yet put it out there for people to judge? i doubt it leave the girl alone, i dont like her music but im not going to sign a petition for her to stop making music, stop being music snobs

Woot! Hey Caz! (BTW: I got a new LJ account- simplisticgrace :D )

I agree with you, music snobs suck. :angry:

Jinnie said:
[post="1180422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't even remember what I said... oops... :lol: I had forgotten about this thread.

ms.katejones said:
I watched her show on MTV last night and it was hilarious to listen to her try and spin the whole SNL fiasco into something she was coerced into doing because her voice failed.
[post="1183223"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know! It's so funny watching her try to cover her a**. It's like the day after the weatherman predicted a blizzard and we got two inches.

Read the comments on the petition. Although offensive and mean, they are quite humorous....for me at least

Have any of you actually listened to her album? Is it global this hatred for Ashlee Simpson? Why does everyone hate her? We don't get as much exposure in the Uk I suppose, but I bought her album because I liked 'pieces of me' and I think its really good and I'm not into any 1 genre. I find it hard to understand how a 17 year old girl can instill such hatred in people.

Back