Asian Clique!

I'm glad most of my relatives speak Englisg fairly well, even though I don't talk to them or anything

lol! my mom has been taking english classes and it's sooo hilarious! she writes these reports and at first, they were horrible, i couldn't understand a thing but now they're actually really good! Except, my mom is horrible at spelling. AHHAA, she once asked me how to spell 'board' and me and my dad are like :blink: "BOARD??!!! you don't know how to spell BOARD"? lol but she's good at english now.

does anyone here know how to talk chinese, viatnamese, or w/e asian language?

Yeah, AliasALIAS. Most of my Asian side is Filipino and when they talk in Tagalog it is SOOO loud! It's like normal but then when they start speaking in Tagalog it's like REALLY loud. O, and if Filipinos learn English when there an adult they can't even say some words right! They says "d"'s like "j"'s. My mom says radio "rayjo". :blink:

alias8000 said:
Yeah, AliasALIAS. Most of my Asian side is Filipino and when they talk in Tagalog it is SOOO loud! It's like normal but then when they start speaking in Tagalog it's like REALLY loud. O, and if Filipinos learn English when there an adult they can't even say some words right! They says "d"'s like "j"'s. My mom says radio "rayjo". :blink:
I know! It echoes throughout the neighborhood :P

No, unfortunately. I wanna speak different languages, but I only know English :(

AliasALIAS said:
alias8000 said:

No, unfortunately. I wanna speak different languages, but I only know English :(
Lol! Yeah! Once we were in an airport and my mom was talking to my grandma on the phone and this guard had to tell her to lower her voice.

alias8000 said:
AliasALIAS said:
alias8000 said:

Lol! Yeah! Once we were in an airport and my mom was talking to my grandma on the phone and this guard had to tell her to lower her voice.
haha!

talking=yelling
yelling=screaming at the top of your lungs

Well it's past my bedtime. Goodnight :hi:

AliasALIAS said:
alias8000 said:
AliasALIAS said:
alias8000 said:

haha!

talking=yelling
yelling=screaming at the top of your lungs

Well it's past my bedtime. Goodnight :hi:
Yeah, that's for sure! :lol:

Night AliasALIAS!

wow...i don't like stereotyping, but honestly, it just seems like EVERY asian has a volume problem when they speak. well, not every asian, just you know, the adults. :P but i remember one of my chinese friends saying something along the lines of, "yeah, people are always thinking chinese people are always angry because they speak so loud when, really, they're just having a normal conversation." i think this may apply to most asians, not just chinese. :lol:

and, no, i don't speak vietnamese. :confused: it was my first language, but when i started learning english when i was little, i sort of just "forgot" vietnamese. it is a source of great embarrassment to my parents. :( i tried learning last year by taking a couple of vietnamese courses but i got so frustrated with it; it was just too hard for me to learn, so i gave it up. :( i mean, this wasn't normal frustration either. the course was for "beginning" speakers but it was ridiculous because everyone in that class already KNEW how to speak vietnamese and were just hoping that this class was going to be an easy A for them which just sucked for me because it made me look like an idiot. going to class everyday KNOWING that you're the stupidest person in it is just not healthy. :confused: well...and i just had a bunch of issues with trying to learn my "own" language. anyway, that's a long depressing story so...yes, i am just another sad monolingual american.

thanks. :confused: i don't know. i still feel like i've disappointed my parents somehow. but...i guess it's better to have tried and failed than not try at all, right. :thinking:

failing sucks though. :angry:

well i'm proud of you for trying spinster! i can speak chinese since my parents speak it 24/7 ahhhhhh! but i can't write or read for my freakin life! haha, i go to chink school but i don't learn a thing! lol

nance said:
well i'm proud of you for trying spinster! i can speak chinese since my parents speak it 24/7 ahhhhhh! but i can't write or read for my freakin life! haha, i go to chink school but i don't learn a thing! lol
::gasp:: ur name is nancy and u speak chinese!?!?!? me too! but i speak more viet since i live wit my mom.... :smiley:

0o0o0o okee nvm then! i go bolsa grande....the big bag skool....<=D..haha.....i go skool in so cal........good weather....stupid asians....

crazy spinster said:
thanks. :confused: i don't know. i still feel like i've disappointed my parents somehow. but...i guess it's better to have tried and failed than not try at all, right. :thinking:

failing sucks though. :angry:
Right. Failing may suck but remember, you can't have everything you want.

yeah, i sort of tried to learn chinese a couple times, and i really didn't work out. the only complete phrase (besides i am ___ and you are ___, etc.) that i can say is "can i have some milk please?"
hehe! how stupid. and no one can even understand me when i say it.
i guess i kind of disagree about the volume thing though, b/c my chinese family is not very loud . . . well not the majority. and i'm very very quiet

My mom and I have had some tiffs about the volume issue. I think she's yelling at me and I tell her to stop yelling at me and she's all, "what? I'm not yelling!" But generally, unless we're talking to eachother or really excited about something, my mom and I are both pretty soft spoken.

I'm taking Japanese class. I'm finally actually learning how to speak whole sentences, instead of fragments that drove my great aunt nuts. And I'm learning to write it to... actually, I can already write it, except for the kanji (the chinese characters that japanese language has 'borrowed'), which I have a really hard time memorizing!

Existentialist said:
My mom and I have had some tiffs about the volume issue. I think she's yelling at me and I tell her to stop yelling at me and she's all, "what? I'm not yelling!" But generally, unless we're talking to eachother or really excited about something, my mom and I are both pretty soft spoken.

I'm taking Japanese class. I'm finally actually learning how to speak whole sentences, instead of fragments that drove my great aunt nuts. And I'm learning to write it to... actually, I can already write it, except for the kanji (the chinese characters that japanese language has 'borrowed'), which I have a really hard time memorizing!
wow, i really admire you for that, i really do

Back