Asimov fans anyone ?

James

Cadet
Before starting talking of it, I just want to see if someone here want to talk about every thing about Asimov ?

ps : English is not my first language

Well, people are actually working on his space elevator concept, which is good to see. I watched a program with James May on the BBC Iplayer about energy sources and alternative energy and there was a section where some engineers were showing how they were going to power a space elevator up off the planet. The laser concept was interesting, the brushes method looked a bit shaky though.

I heard they will made a movie of the Foundation serie ! I don't think it will be a succes, but it make me thinks of wich actors could play the characters in is most popular books ! I just made a little work to find out who I'de pick if I was the director and there is my choices, tell me what you think !

Elijah Bailey : Clive Owen
Daneel Olivaw : Jude Law
Harri Seldon : Ian Mckellan
Gladia : Scarlett Johansson
D.G. Bailey : Christian Bale
Salvor Hardin : Liam Neason
Hobber Mallow : Mark Wahlberg
The Mule : Andy Serkis

I'm there right now ! Do it to if you want, it's pretty funny and it help put a face on the names !

Well, people are actually working on his space elevator concept, which is good to see. I watched a program with James May on the BBC Iplayer about energy sources and alternative energy and there was a section where some engineers were showing how they were going to power a space elevator up off the planet. The laser concept was interesting, the brushes method looked a bit shaky though.

Did Asimov write about space elevators? I think that Tsilkovsky came up with the idea, then Clarke wrote the first big book about them. I don't remember Asimov dealing with the concept.

maybe it's a common misconception then as most people refer to Asimov as having "invented" the idea? Let's see some correct sources then :smiley:

Elijah Bailey : Clive Owen
Daneel Olivaw : Jude Law
Harri Seldon : Ian Mckellan
Gladia : Scarlett Johansson
D.G. Bailey : Christian Bale
Salvor Hardin : Liam Neason
Hobber Mallow : Mark Wahlberg
The Mule : Andy Serkis
That's certainly an all star cast. You'd need a director that commands tremendous respect to 1) pull it off and 2) got all those egos to mesh in the same film, somewhat like Martin Scorsese did with The Departed or Michael Mann did with Heat.

I don't know if you notice, but not all of these character are on the same book ! Gladia, Elijah and Daneel are in "the Naked sun" together. Then, D.G Bailey and Gladia are in the robots and empire and then, Harri Seldon, Hobber Mallow and Salvor HArdin are in the first foundation book. And then, the mule is in Foundation and empire. So, it's not an all star cast and anyway, I've writen this thread to see if I see the character the same way as other fans, not to imagine a dream cast for a big movie ! I could have chose dead actors also because I just want to put a known face on the characters !

Asimov did invent/discover "resumblimated theotomaline" (or however its spelt)

But that was a very looong time ago.

:cool:

Back