Season 5 "Ask Ausiello" spoilers this week!

Dark Phoenix

Frakkin' Insanity
Question: Please find out what ABC's plan is for Alias. — Kim

Ausiello: As you know, the network unveiled its mid-season schedule last week and Alias was conspicuously MIA. An ABC rep insists it'll be back sometime this spring, so maybe they're waiting to see which of their new shows tanks before committing Alias to a specific night/time. One slot it probably won't get is its old one — Thursdays at 8 pm. As executive producer Jeff Pinkner told me when I interviewed him last week, "My understanding is we will not be on Thursday night." Amen to that

Good news, they didn't say anything about Alias not comming back in March just that it isn't comming back at Thursday nights!

Question: Michael Vartan is supposedly signed to do four more episodes of Alias. Will it be as a ghost? — Brett

Ausiello: OK, major-ass prattle here: According to Pinkner, Vartan is actually returning for five, possibly six, episodes, beginning with the second one back this spring (that's Episode 99, for those keeping track at home). And I'll let Jeff address the second part of your question: "As we've said from the beginning, the rumors of Vaughn's death were nothing more than rumors. In this world, don't take anything at face value. We'll know by the end of the 99th episode exactly where he is and if he's alive or not."

My God!!!!! Vaughn back in episode 11 :D :D Maybe he is there when the baby is born!!!

Question: I can't stand your column — you love yourself too much. Got Alias scoop? Thanks. — Ashley

Ausiello: Way to butter me up, Ash. Bradley Cooper is definitely onboard for the 100th episode, which will find a witness-protected Will getting sucked back into Syd's drama-filled world just as he's about to ******* ** *** *** **********. (And yes, each asterisk corresponds to a letter.) Also, as I reported in last Friday's Ausiello Report, Gina Torres' evil Espinosa will also return for the 100th to wreak more havoc on Syd. (For more on the landmark episode, as well as the series finale, check out this Friday's Ausiello Report featuring my complete interview with Jeff Pinkner. Trust me, Alias fans, you won't want to miss it.)

Can anyone crack the code? :lol:

Good news, they didn't say anything about Alias not comming back in March just that it isn't comming back at Thursday nights!
My God!!!!! Vaughn back in episode 11 :D :D Maybe he is there when the baby is born!!!
Can anyone crack the code? :lol:

I think it means Will is about to get married? :rolleyes:

can i just say: if vaughn is there for the baby's birth i will sob my FREAKIN eyes out
:cry: 😌 it will be like my dream come true
*hugs bubble*

YAY alias! I am a bit worried about the whole schedual thing i'm almost forgetting the fifth season :thinking: but i am sooo excited for the rest of the episodes...awwww and it would be so good if everyone was there for the baby :smiley:

Here is all the stuff from the Ausiello Report: (got it from AliasMedia)
Exclusive Scoop on Alias' Big Finish!

The countdown to Alias' hotly anticipated series finale officially got under way last week when new mum Jennifer Garner returned to the set to begin work on the show's last 10 or so episodes. And although ABC has yet to announce when (or where) the spy drama will complete its run (what's up with that?), there's every reason to believe that the 5-year-old series will go out the same way it came in: with a huge bang and a ton of hype. Not one to diminish expectations, executive producer Jeff Pinkner declares, "We want every episode from here to the end to top the one before it." OK, if ever there's a statement that demands a few follow-up Qs, it's that one. So, let's get to it

Ausiello: What are some of the big returns you have planned?
Pinkner: Lena Olin's coming back for the 99th episode, which is our second one back.

Ausiello: Really? Just for the 99th?
Pinkner: Well, no, she's actually going to be back for a couple.

Ausiello: Will she be in the 100th?
Pinkner: No, but Espinosa (Gina Torres) will be.

Ausiello: And Bradley Cooper (Will), too, right?
Pinkner: Yes.

Ausiello: How is he reintroduced?
Pinkner: Sydney's baby is born in the 99th, and for the 100th, we jump a month [ahead] and she's taking time off from work. [Will] is the thing that pulls her back into the field while she's on maternity leave. The bad guys realize that the best way to hurt Sydney is through her friends.

Ausiello: Will the 100th be a self-contained episode or part of this season's arc?
Pinkner: Both. The 100th episode is absolutely an episode that somebody who, even if they only checked in on the show a couple of times, can appreciate. But it also continues the story that we've been telling all season.

Ausiello:What's the basic plot?
Pinkner: The title is "There's Only One Sydney Bristow," and it's very much a love letter to her, and also to Jennifer for all the amazing things she has done and brought to the show. One of the themes running through the show is Sydney's concern that, because she's been in these people's lives, their lives have been much harder than they would have otherwise been. Will never would have been abducted or tortured by evil people [had he] not come to know Syd. And she's very much struggling with the life that she's bringing her baby into. The message of the episode is that these people are far better off for having known her and the world's a far better place with her being a part of it.

Ausiello: Bradley is just in this one episode?
Pinkner: Yes, but that's less out of our desire to have him and more because he's off to Broadway to be in a play [with Julia Roberts].

Ausiello: How many episodes is Michael Vartan (Vaughn) returning for?
Pinkner: I think he's going to come back for five, if not six.

Ausiello: What can you tell me about that?
Pinkner: As we've said from the beginning, the rumors of [Vaughn's] death were nothing more than rumors. In this world, don't take anything at face value. We'll know by the end of the 99th episode exactly where he is and if he's alive or not.

Ausiello: J.J. Abrams told me at the Golden Globes that there's a chance he might write and direct the series finale. Where do things stand with that?
Pinkner: We've been talking about it. Hopefully, he will. And the only reason [that would prevent him from doing so] would be Mission Impossible 3 concerns and duties. It's possible he will direct it; it's possible he will write or cowrite it. He will certainly be weighing in.

Ausiello: Do you know what the final scene of the final episode will be?
Pinkner: We do. We know at least the back half of the episode. We know the windup of the series. We know what's going to happen to most of the characters.

Ausiello: Who else is returning?
Pinkner: The plan is to have David Anders back. Mia Maestro will be back for several more. It's possible that we haven't seen the end of Francie.

Ausiello: How are you going to do that?
Pinkner: Oh, we have our ways. (Laughs) It actually ties in to the design of the season in an odd way. We don't know if she'll be available, but we have a story we want to tell with her.

Ausiello: What about Terry O'Quinn?
Pinkner: I don't think so, only because he's such an integral part of Lost. We wrote an episode for him to come back last year and he was just about to board a plane, and it just became impossible. He's too big a part of that show.

Ausiello: Anything else you can tease?
Pinkner: There's a big restructuring of our world in the 101st episode. And Devlin will make a return. We find out more about the Profit 5 conspiracy in the next couple of episodes, and then we start to take them down. And as I've said before, this season, as much as it's about Sydney dealing with losing Vaughn and questions of motherhood, it's also about Sloane's struggle between Rimbaldi and this question of faith and his love for his daughter.

Ausiello: Last question. What are you hearing about when/where Alias will return?
Pinkner: My understanding is we will not be on Thursday nights. But no final decision — or at least no official announcement — has been made yet.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

this is absolutely amazing ... :thud:

yeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OMG ... can't wait ...

THANK YOU SO MUCH...Finally good news...Michael will return... I dont know, but I start thiking his alive... :D ...I'm dying to be alive to see the new episodes.... :woot: ...Alias need return quickly...

What if the whole familiy will be there? Jack, Irina, Nadia and Vaughn! :P

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! *running around house screaming* if that happens i WILL cry my eyes out allthogh i dont think it would be good 4 Irina to be there cuz she may try to take Sydney's baby but if everyone else is there I WILL CRY ALL NIGHT LONG that episode is DEFFINATELY being taped!

*crossing fingers and rocking back and forth*

PS- none of my friends are into Alias like i am and i like to talk to people online who are so feel free to Instant Message me and we can talk about Alias my Screen Name is LilSqui4eva2 <----- AOL/AIM

I don't think Irina is that stupid! That she just take the baby and run of with Jack present!

But the spoiler also says that Irina will be badder then ever! So I really wonder what that is all about!

Vaughn has got to be alive alive alive. There is no way that he could be a ghost for 5-6 episodes. That whole suspension of disbelief othing only goes so far.

I agree...definately alive. But do you think that he will be in the very last episode? Or just the ones in between now and the end? I would rly like for him to be in the end... i hope every one is there for the end. :mellow:

Back