Ask Matt

From TV Guide, the newest Ask Matt column has some Alias Q and A:

Question: Hi, Matt. A fellow Hoosier here. My husband and I love Alias and we think it is one of the best shows on TV. My question: Was it my imagination or was Christian Slater supposed to be in two episodes of Alias? We are confused. — Bonnie

Matt: Understandable enough. According to an upcoming ABC storyline release, Christian Slater will return as the kidnapped scientist in the March 30 episode. I was puzzled as well, especially when his West Wing character got transferred after some off-camera intrigue. I thought maybe Slater was making a habit of making an entrance without following through. I expect his exit from Alias will be pretty dramatic.

Question: You mentioned in your latest column that your hope for Boomtown is for the show to receive an Emmy nod for Outstanding Drama Series to help prolong the life of the show. Which other four drama series would you like to see nominated? Also, which five dramas do you think the Academy will nominate for the 2002-2003 season? — Marcus D.

Matt: I would like to see Boomtown, The Shield, 24, Alias, and Angel nominated. (Cue the alarm to wake me up.) I imagine that The West Wing, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos (which also deserves to be nominated), 24 and maybe The Shield will make the cut, although it's always possible Law & Order will again be in the mix, although that would be a travesty this season.

I'm assuming Gilmore Girls and Monk, though hourlong, will be in the running for best comedy. And they certainly deserve nominations over the likes of Will & Grace, Frasier and last summer's Sex and the City. (I'm hoping against hope that Scrubs will get noticed, but I wouldn't count on it.)

Back