ASL:American Sign Language

I'm learning ASL, no, I'm not deaf and I don't know anyone who is but the art of it and the beauty of it drew me to it. It would be interesting to know if anyone on the boards is deaf or knows anoyone who is or signs!

I know 3 or 4 deaf people who I have known since I was like 7 and in elementery school we learned some and I know enough that I can talk to them even if I have to finger spell some stuff! lol! Actually almost all my friends know it and if they don't, the deaf kids will teach us at recess and stuff so we learn new ones. But yeah, I know some, not a lot mind you but enough to converse and I really like it. It's beautiful and artistic and all. It's really cool.

SydneyBristow201717 said:
i'm trying to find a place to take acutually in person lesson's but i can't find anyplace!
in the fall they may have a sign language club like our school has where deaf and non deaf kids go to learn and teach each other signs and to talk.

VaughnFan13 said:
how does your mom know it, if you don't mind me asking?
she used to teach it i think...and i think she uses it in her work now (she's a nurse)
also, one of my very good friends knew like every sign there was and she learned a lot of that from the ASL dictionary. they're really cool and helpful!

Aliasgirl47 said:
i'm trying to find a place to take acutually in person lesson's but i can't find anyplace!
in the fall they may have a sign language club like our school has where deaf and non deaf kids go to learn and teach each other signs and to talk.
my school odesn't have it, oh but i forgot to tell everyone, i'm leaving my school from hell to go to a great private school! all girls, so no stupid guys!!!!! spread it around!!!!!

i took an ASL class in 7th grade and i was pretty good at it but i've forgotten almost all of it now. my mind has trouble retaining things after the class is over. ;)

but i took a linguistics class that focused on the deaf culture my sophomore year of college. it was one of my favorite classes. ^_^

i help m,y sister teach a special eduacation class, and have picked up a few signs! its so cool! i know words that the kids would need, like play, go, walk, stand, stp, clean, "potty" etc.

i know sign language well a lil of it. . i had to learn it for girl scouts when i was like 6 or sumthing to go to the next stage LOL :lol: . .and i passed thankfully i know my name and sum other stuff

I know the alphabet and some other words... one of my friends sisters is deaf so we learned it so we could talk to her.

A sub tried teaching it to use....he had an alphabet sheet and everything. And then everyone started spelling out curses to each other. didn't turn out too well.

Back