Politics Asperger Syndrome

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
obsessetion said:
well i know that if ma mum or dad tell me that i come on here 2 much i can say i'm learnin stuff!!! lol!!!!
does it affect ur everyday life??
:lol:
Well, it's hard to say if it affects my everyday life since I've lived with it everyday! :lol:

~~Spongy!
lol!!! i mean like do u need like special treatment?

I think you're very brave spongy , and that you do very well .
You seem to me like a very nice and mature person .... ;)

obsessetion said:
SpongeBobSquarePants said:
obsessetion said:
well i know that if ma mum or dad tell me that i come on here 2 much i can say i'm learnin stuff!!! lol!!!!
does it affect ur everyday life??
:lol:
Well, it's hard to say if it affects my everyday life since I've lived with it everyday! :lol:

~~Spongy!
lol!!! i mean like do u need like special treatment?
I'm passed the age where any treatment could help. But, it's not all the bad. I've come to accept it.

~~Spongy!

you do seem like a nice person. I have ADD.. Attention i-cant-spell disorder. I really can't tell there's anything wrong with you being online and all. You seem perfectly normal to me

Betha Bristow said:
you do seem like a nice person. I have ADD.. Attention i-cant-spell disorder. I really can't tell there's anything wrong with you being online and all. You seem perfectly normal to me
"normal" are YOU calling ME normal? :hmm: :lol:
I am insane......and I love it! :cool:

Yah, well talk to Misha. He will tell you some of the dumb things I have said :lol:

~~Spongy!

What is Asperger Syndrome?
Asperger syndrome (AS), one of the autistic spectrum disorders, is a pervasive developmental disorder characterized by an inability to understand how to interact socially. AS is commonly recognized after the age of 3. People with high-functioning autism are generally distinguished from those with AS because autism is associated with marked early language delay. Other characteristics of AS include clumsy and uncoordinated motor movements, limited interests or unusual preoccupations, repetitive routines or rituals, speech and language peculiarities, and non-verbal communication problems. Generally, children with AS have few facial expressions. Many have excellent rote memory, and become intensely interested in one or two subjects (sometimes to the exclusion of other topics). They may talk at length about a favorite subject or repeat a word or phrase many times. Children with AS tend to be self-absorbed, have difficulty making friends, and are preoccupied with their own interests.
Is there any treatment?
There is no specific course of treatment or cure for AS. Treatment may include psychotherapy, parent education and training, behavioral modification, social skills training, educational interventions, and medications for specific behavioral symptoms.
What research is being done?
The NINDS conducts and supports a broad range of research on developmental disorders, including AS. The goals of these studies are to increase understanding of disease mechanisms and to find ways to treat, prevent, and ultimately cure these disorders.

What is the prognosis?
Children with AS have a better outlook than those with other forms of pervasive developmental disorders, but in most cases, these individuals will continue to demonstrate difficulties in social interactions. There is also an increased risk for development of psychosis (a mental disorder) and/or mood problems such as depression and anxiety.

What Asperger syndrome is NOT

Many ordinary people have little eccentricities, certain obsessions, or a tendency to be shy in large social gatherings. Asperger syndrome is not simply normal eccentricity. People with Asperger syndrome usually do not want to be different, but do not know how to fit in better with those around them.

I think people are gonna confuse that with AS.....

I assure you Gendo that I do have this...I was diagnost with a mild form of autism when I was young.
I am not the same person in real life as I am here. I wish I could be though :(
Yes, people do get this confussed with other normal things.

~~Spongy!

I didnt mean you Spongy :rolleyes: I was talking about the people who jumped in on the first page going wow I think I have it......I assure you that comment wasn't directed at you :smiley:

Back