At Last

A lot of you read and liked I Will Always Love You, so here's the sequel! If you haven't already read I Will Always Love You, I highly suggest that you read and respond to it here. Anyway, I don't own any of the characters, they are all owned by the talented JJ Abrams. The song is not mine either. It's 'At Last' by Etta James. Well, that's all I have to say so read, respond, and enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------
Sydney and Vaughn sat on the floor of the living room of the New York apartment, soaking wet. They had been standing outside kissing in the rain just an hour earlier and were now sitting in front of a crackling fire, warming up and drying off in each others arms.

"I love you, Syd," said Vaughn for what seemed like the millionth time since they'd been there.

"I love you,too," she said.

"And we're getting married," he said, eyes gleaming as he stared at his love.

"I know," Sydney barely whispered as tears of joy filled her eyes.

"I'm sorry I don't have a ring to give you right now," said Vaughn, looking down.

"I don't care," said Sydney, "I don't need anything but you."

She put her hand to his cheek. Then he placed his over hers and softly kissed her palm. Then they drew in closer together and shared a long kiss on the lips.

At last

my love has come along

My lonely days are over

and life is like a song.

Two Months Later

It was almost eight at night and the stars were shining dimly in the New York sky. Sydney was in her room searching through her clothes for the perfect outfit to wear for her date with Vaughn. She had just picked out and put on a short, tight fitting black dress when there was a knock at the door.

Sydney ran to answer it and when she saw Vaughn on the other side, she jumped into his arms and smothered his clean shaved face with kisses.

“Wow, now that’s a welcome! What brought that on suddenly?” asked Vaughn, surprised yet pleased.

“I don’t know, I’m just so happy to see you. So what are we doing tonight? Dinner and a movie? Dancing?” asked Sydney hopefully.

“None of the above. Just come with me,” said Vaughn with a sly grin as he put his hands over her eyes and led her to the elevator of the huge apartment complex.

When the elevator reached it’s stop, Vaughn led her out and uncovered her eyes. “Well, this is it,” he said.

They were on the rooftop of the apartments. The stars were shining above them and a table was set for two. Lit candles and rose petals decorated it’s top. The food was under silver tops, just waiting to be eaten and there were to crystal glasses each filled with red wine. Jazz music softly wafted up from the street below.

“Michael, this is...perfect...,” said Sydney, her large brown eyes once again filling with salt tears.

“Please don’t cry, Syd,” whispered Vaughn as he put his hand to her face and wiped the tear away from his thumb.

“I can’t help it, I’m just so happy. Everything in my life is just the way I always dreamed it would be.”

“I know the feeling,” said Vaughn, smiling.

Then Vaughn pushed a few strands of chestnut hair out of her eyes and led her to the table. Sydney sat down and then Vaughn got down on his knees in front of her.

"I love you, Sydney, more than anything in the world and well...will you do me the honor of wearing this ring?" asked Vaughn, pulling a small black velvet box out of his jacket pocket. He opened it up and inside was a gold ring inlaid with a sparkling diamond.

"Oh, Michael...." Sydney couldn't continue because tears were streaming down her cheeks. Vaughn slipped the ring over her finger and then they kissed.

At last

The skies above are blue

My heart was wrapped up in clovers

The night I looked at you

Two Weeks Later

Sydney was in the bridal room. She had on the white silk dress and was looking at herself in the mirror. This was the day she had been waiting for all her life. The day she would marry her prince charming. And for the longest time she was expecting it to be Danny, but since his death, that dream was gone.

But then she had met Vaughn. And from that moment on she knew who she was relly meant to be with. Vaughn was everything she had hoped for and everything she had dreamed of. Her prince charming.

Just thinking about SD-6 still being around her not being able to be with Vaughn brought tears to her eyes.

"Sweetie, don't start crying on me now," teased Francie as she entered the room.

"I'm just so happy," said Sydney.

"I know you are, but dry it up quick because the ceremony is about to start and wait til you see Michael...mmm, girl, he looks so good. You better go marry him now before all those other girls go after him, including me..." said Francie laughingly. Then she kissed Sydney on the cheek and left as Jack bristow entered.

"Hi, daddy," said Sydney.

"Hi, sweetheart," he said. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks, Dad"

"I know we've never been close, but I wanted to tell you that I am so proud of you and that you have grown up to be a remarkable woman," said Jack. "Vaughn is a lucky guy and I would never choose anyone else in the world for you. So I want you to make him as happy as you've made me, even happier..."

At that point tears started to form in Jack's eyes. "Oh, Daddy" said Sydney hugging her father.

"I love you Sydney"

"I love you too"

Then Jack wiped the tears from her eyes and said, "Now let's go get you married"

Vaughn was standing by the alter with Weiss by his side. He was nervously sweating and his hands were shaking. He kept wondering if he was doing the right thing or if they were rushing into things. he wondered if maybe he wasn't cut out for marriage.

And then Francie came down the aisle and minutes later the music started up, the doors opened, and in came Sydney on the arm of Jack.

Vaughn thought that she was the most beautiful he had ever seen her. And at that moment he lost all sense of nervousness and fear and doubt. And he knew that this was exactly what he needed to do. And that he would never regret his decision.

Sydney reached the alter and Jack kissed her on the cheek and let her go. Put her hand in Vaughn's, but he somehow knew that she would always be safe and protected and most of all happy.

The ceremony began and it was time for the vows. They turned and faced each other and held hands. Sydney was first.

"Michael, all my life I wished and hoped and prayed that I would find someone special. Someone to share my thoughts and feelings with. Soemone to laugh with and soemone to cry with. And that person would be my perfect match but I never expected to find someone as perfect as you. I love you, Michael," said Sydney as she slipped the ring on Vaughn's finger.

"Sydney, when I first met you, I loved you. I loved everything about you. And the more I got to know you, the more I loved you and I realize that I can't live without you. You are the only person for me, the only person who makes me feel like I am invincible- like nothing can get to me. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I love you more than life itself," said vaughn and then he slipped the diamond ring on her finger.

"By the power vested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride"

And with that, they shared a long and passionate kiss at the alter.

I found a dream

That I could speak to

I dream that I can call my own

I found a thrill

To press my cheek to

A dream that I have never known

Sydney and Vaughn entered the honeymoon suite of the hotel. Once they had closed the door, they were already kissing and undressing at the same time. Vaughn's lips had made it down Sydney's neck and across her collarbone when Sydney said,"Hold on just a minute..."

She left and went to the other part of the room, out of the sight of Vaughn. When she returned she was wearing a set of black lingerie that almost made Vaughn's eyes pop out of his head. He was about speak when Sydney sushed him and put her finger to his lips. Then she grabbed him by his tie and pulled him into the bedroom, shutting the door, and turning the lock.

You smiled, you smiled

And then the spell was cast

And here we are in heaven

For you are mine at last.

The End

Another sweet fic! I don't suppose you could make it a part of a trilogy...please...pretty please...with a cherry on top? lol

xdancer said:
Another sweet fic! I don't suppose you could make it a part of a trilogy...please...pretty please...with a cherry on top? lol
eek.... well that's a maybe if and only if more ppl feel that way and i can think of a plot and a song. because it has to have a song considering the other two did....i'll consider it

well you go do that Sophie! lol!

i sit here freaking out waiting for reviews and then i think no one likes it but i never stop to consider it's long and they need time to read it lol!

I read the 2 stories ! I know you won't see this post before a long time (too long for me !), but I wanted to say that I like your stories !

wow! thanks for all the comments guys, if there is to be another sequel, and it seems that that might just happen, i'll need a while to come up with it. and for the people who sad they wanted more of my fanfics, i'll just list them all here.

I Will Always Love You
At Last
Caught in a Dream
Heaven Sent
Spies Just Wanna Have Fun

And my Alias poetry

The Timely Demise of Alice
Reaction

glad you guys like my writing, this is the end for now, but there may be more soon after my vacation is over, I'll tell you guys when there is more!

Back