Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

At Secret Conference, Scientists Consider the Possible Rise of Autonomous Killer Robo

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by Robby, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Robby

Robby The Robot

At Secret Conference, Scientists Consider the Possible Rise of Autonomous Killer Robots

[Via Popular Science]

2. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Re: At Secret Conference, Scientists Consider the Possible Rise of Autonomous Killer

Some people are taking the whole "SkyNet" thing a bit to far in regards to unfounded fears.

3. Chuckles

Chuckles Uncomfortably Insane

Re: At Secret Conference, Scientists Consider the Possible Rise of Autonomous Killer

Yeah, I'm more scared of my toaster than I am of machines controlling the world. :/

4. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Exactly! The odds of bread crumbs left at the bottom of a toaster leading to a house fire are much greater than the odds are of a Predator UAV deciding one day to overthrow its human masters. :p

5. Chuckles

Chuckles Uncomfortably Insane

Finally, someone gets it! I mean, seriously, imagine you have that toaster plugged in and a tiny piece of the metal is showing from the outlet. Then while you is toastin your Eggo waffles, you spill your most wonderful cup of joe. BAM!

That compared to a pile of wires and bolts suddenly becoming conscious......yeah. Damn that toaster is scary.