At the manor's ball.

((I'm going to start a thread with a situation. This situation is not to be the sort that can grow into an epic journey, just a small one that people can roleplay with others within to get a feel for the characters they might wish to play.))

The music was deffinately well played as skirts twirled and dress shoes clicked against the marble floor of the large manor's ball room. The room was lit bright with magically created lights so that it was hard to tell whether it might be day or night unless one walked out onto the terrace or through the small garden. Everyone seemed to be laughing and dancing and having a generally merry old time.

Claes wasn't enjoying a moment of it.

The music made her ears twitch everytime a sour note was accidentally struck. The squeals of surprise as some naughty old man's hand slipped during a dance made her small nose wrinkle with dstaste of the situation. She hadn't specifically dressed for the situation to attract dance partners, choosing to dress as she normally did in her blue dress with the gold buttons up the front and white, ruffle filled slip underneath. The shoulders with gold tassles made her look like an odd mixture of military sergeant and ballroom belle, the skirt ending a few inches below her knees to show thick blue stockings and plain leather boots. No, she wasn't here for fun and games. In fact her thoughts were still trying to straighten why she was here.

Slender, white gloved fingers pushed the bridge of her gold rimmed glasses up her nose, the white lace from her flaring sleeves barely brushing her skin. She should be studying! Not be sent out here for the sheer purpose of diplomatic relations.

Just then, a dancing couple came close to her, almost crushing her feet as they passed and she stumbled. Her back hit the wall thankfully before she fell, but the smell of the woman's perfume hit her nose strongly.

"Oh...oh...ah..choo!" She wiggled her nose as she dug into her breast pocket for her small folded handkerchief. Why couldn't people use more natural scents!? It didn't take long for another sneeze to start to come on, but just before it came, she was startled out of the very thought of it with the sudden appearance of a young man at her elbow, leading her energetically to the dance floor. A blonde curtain of straight, long hair fell over one warm gray eye and lense on one side of her face as her mouth opened in horror. Was he forcing her into a dance!? She didn't know how to dance. "Wait! Stop this minute! Stop, I said!" Her voice seemed drowned out by the other dancers and her protests accounted to the squezzing through the crowd. A resignated sigh passed her lips as she calmed and began to follow reluctantly to the spot intended. Perhaps the man would spread the word of her clumsy feet and she would never have to worry about this silly practice ever again.

((So sue me for trying to continue this, dead forums tend to make me sad. If it is bad, too bad. :smiley: As they say, anything is better then nothing and even the thought matters. If I botched what you wanted up you could have given a better description.))

As they reached the dance floor, Claes finally saw the young man who led her out here. A dashing Ilvari Male, dressed in tight fitting orange breeches with silver lining and a relatively airy yellow tunic with an image of the Sun stitched on the chest. Gleeful Grey eyes peered down at her along with blue hair tied in ponytail with a yellow ribbon. He grasped her hand with a brown gloved hand as he flashed her a winning smile.

"May I have the pleasure of having this dance with you?" chimed the tall male Ilvari.

((Even though I've long ago put this character on the shelf of possibilities, role play is always fun and..hey, I might play her after all! Thank you for joining into the situation.))

Gray eyes stared up at the smiling man in disbelief. Did he truly thing a compliment and a literal "sweep off the feet" would charm her? After a moment of gawking at him, she managed to close her mouth. Warm gray eyes narrowed at the strange man and her hand tightened in his. Well, if he wanted a dance, she was going to give him a dance. "You may.." came the low voice as her gaze flickered over him fully. Nicely dressed, nicely groomed. She licked her lips, fully because they felt dry after having been pushed away from the drinks for so long.

"Just..please, be quick." Blond brows furrowed as she looked around in confusion. How did this song go? She couldn't ask.. Was she supposed to start? Damn it all.. I know I should not have come.

((Use your imagination to figure out what kind of music they have in Elanthia. ^^))

Greys eyes gleamed with joy as he grasped each of her hands with his and started to dance to the music. Around and around they danced, twirling in the glittering ballroom. Teranash winced a bit as she crushed his feet for the third time before the song ended.

As the song ended Teranash could not help but grin at the lady and say "You do not dance much do you?"

Claes blushed slightly at the accusation as she quickly pulled her hands away and tepped back from the stranger. It was true, of course, and she had wanted it known, but the fact that it would require actually admitting to not knowing something didn't truly hit her until this moment.

Slowly, she composed herself, straightening her vest before pushing her glasses up her nose with her index finger. Her chin raised high before she spoke, "I do not know what you are talking about. Perhaps the.. smell here is altering perception. I am feeling a little dizzy.." It took her a moment before she realized she was telling the truth. Just a quick turn away left her swaying slightly and needing to pause a moment.

Silly arostocratic females and ther fake scents, she thought as her eyes closed to allow the world to settle.

((Loud noise, eh? Check out MY entrance. :P))

As the party was getting into full swing, two figures darted across the roof tops, stopping at the skylight of the ballroom.

"Are you sure this is the best time to be doing this?" announced the smaller figure.
"Of course, everybody is busy with the party, and the mayor's mansion will ours for the taking." replied the taller one as he leaned over to get a better look at the party below.

By the time he realized his mistake, it was too late. The roof was still wet from the rain earlier in the evening.

"Well, time for Plan B then," the clumsy thief thought to himself as he plummeted through the glass and into the ballroom below...

((What the...okay, this may get tougher...I hope this works. WHOA.....))

Still grinning, Teranash breathed deeply of the room. "Ahhh." he sighed as he exhaled. "Yes, the scents of nobles and artistrocrats, truly invigorating!."

"If you can not dance there is nothing wrong with that, a smell could not make me feel the damage that was done to my feet." chimed Teranash grimly as he looked downward.

As he grumbled, he wondered what that loud clang was.

((I think I'm going to start trying to juggle for character testing. Juggling commence!))

Vae- Within the library, a woman in a soft pink dress shuffled through various tomes. Dark green eyes hidden behind a set of rectangular glasses squinted into the darkness, trying to read the pages in the latest set. No, these are not the right ledgers.. Where's the year...

They always called on her to do this sort of work. Playing the part of a secretary, governess, or pampered daughter seemed to be her employer's favorite past times. Of course, he never suspected that she knew exactly what all his past times were... No one did. Freckle-faced, four-eyed Vae Claywright was not exactly what one would expect when delving into the world of secrets.

The music stopped, making her shut the book softly and lift her head. Her long, thick hair looked almost black in the darkness and could almost make her blend in to the shadows behind her if the spells that called to them didn't, but she wasn't quite willing to bet it all on her skill or her looks quite yet. Pushing it away to pull up the sleeve on her off-the-shoulder gown subconsciously, she walked calmly to the door and slipped outside into the hall. The sounds never stopped at these parties, but it seemed that something had made the world go silent tonight.

Claes- Just as the man who had been dancing with her looked down, Claes attempted to flee the scene. Her eyes had lost much of their warmth, now looking like storm clouds as her forehead wrinkled and fists clenched. The night would just have to end soon. The White Lotus would not talk her into any more of these foolish gatherings. This time, she would give them a piece of her-

All the anger drained from her body as a loud noise comes from above. At the same time, a man enters through the doors and is announced but she hardly heard as she looked up and saw a body falling towards the floor. Time seemed to slow as she watched him fall, an absurd thought entering her head. Please do not tell me it can rain men as well as cats and dogs..

((Necropostage!))

It had been awhile since the last ball Ted had attended, but he did not rightfully recall a greeting quite like this. The entire room was silent, save the echo's of the slamming door and the soft cries of breaking glass. In the center of the room laid a dark figure wrapped in black clothing.. A most curious sight. Yet, it might as well have been a six headed dragon for all it mattered, for a moment later, Ted's attention was commanded toward a sight that nearly made him cry.

Back