Fantasy Atlantis (BBC America)

Azhria Lilu

Captain
BBC is starting a new tv show this week (on Saturday 28th at 8.25pm on BBC 1 UK). They've been playing things pretty close to their chests with this one, releasing the odd short trailer here and there and the following blurb on their site:-

A fantasy drama set in a world of legendary heroes and mythical creatures. Far from home and desperate for answers, Jason washes up on the shores of an ancient land. A mysterious place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants - this is the city of Atlantis. Aided by his two new friends, Pythagoras and Hercules, Jason embarks on a voyage of discovery, and salvation, which sees him brush shoulders with Medusa, come face to face with the Minotaur and even do battle with the dead​

I'll be watching the first episode (at the very least) to check it out because I do love Greek Mythology!

Attachments

• atlantis2.jpg
    atlantis2.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 165
This sounds fantastic. Hope they air it in the US on a channel I get or it gets put on Netflix relatively soon after airing. Let me know how it is, Lisa!

This sounds fantastic. Hope they air it in the US on a channel I get or it gets put on Netflix relatively soon after airing. Let me know how it is, Lisa!
Will do. . . I doubt it'll be amazing, it's been described as similar to the Merlin series they did - so easy watching without much brain effort I think. Don't you have some kind of BBC America where they air some of the UK shows? I know you got Merlin over there.

I forget what channel Merlin was on, but I watched only a season or two of that and some of that was on Netflix. I believe there is a BBC America, but I may have to pay extra for it.

I forget what channel Merlin was on, but I watched only a season or two of that and some of that was on Netflix. I believe there is a BBC America, but I may have to pay extra for it.

Where are you from? If not from the US and you want access to the TV-Shows and movies available on Netflix for US citizens get the Firefox/Chrome extension Mediahint for free. This will enable you to get access to their content as well. Or you could always use a VPN that displays you as a citizen from another country. It is not considered illegal as you are allowed to use Netflix on your travels etc..

If you're from the US you can get the British Netflix by using a VPN. Js :P
I wouldn't bother getting British Netflix, it's felgercarb :smiley: I changed the DNS on my xbox so we can get US Netflix :blush: (Plus Atlantis won't be on there for a looooong time - it doesn't get updated as regularly as the US version).

Just watched the first episode. Not bad - reminded me of Hercules, the Legendary Journeys and Xena. Not hugely serious, very tongue in cheek and loosely based around Greek Mythology, bending it to fit the stories they're putting together. So long as you put what you know about Greek Mythology to one side and watch the show for entertainment, it's a fun hour.