Sci-Fi Attack on Titan (2015 live-action movie)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Attack on Titan is an anime series that has been recommended to me a few times but I just haven't had time to watch it yet. A live-action movie adaption is being released in 2015, at least in Australia and New Zealand, not sure about other Western markets yet.

Looks like it could be an entertaining movie to watch on Netflix when it's released for streaming.

Kev been following news on this one avidly, looks like it'll rock the house down. Interestingly the guys who did the anime seriously were also involved in the excellent Death Note.

The movie will no doubt hit cinemas in limited release down here, meaning we don't get to see it in the regions :( Sucks to be us. Anyways other news is that this is the first of two planned movies.

Interestingly the guys who did the anime seriously were also involved in the excellent Death Note.
I didn't know that! Death Note is an anime series that I loved (but haven't seen the live-action adaptions of yet). That gives me motivation to watch the Titan series.

The movie will no doubt hit cinemas in limited release down here, meaning we don't get to see it in the regions :( Sucks to be us.
I know your pain. Movies like this tend to rarely get a national booking here in the US and the 'limited' areas tend to be New York and Los Angeles. I usually have to wait for stuff to be released to streaming before I can get to watch it.

For anyone wondering youtube has the entire anime series along with High School of the Dead, which apparently involves bouncy boobs and knicker shoots galore ??????

So thanks to @Jethro and @wilky49 I ended up binge watching the Attack on Titan anime series on Netflix. You guys didn't mention that the anime story is not concluded even though it was 25 episodes from 2013 and that the next season won't be out until 2016! :rant:

Uhmm two seasons, more to come, two live action movies, and a live action mini series just announced :smiley:

Look on the bright side Kev, High School of the Dead stopped after one season due to lack of interest in Japan, though rumours are a second season is coming real soon now, (IT for whenever).

I'm streaming this movie now, The subtitles are in white and small but I can follow. Seems pretty good so far.

Found the stream at {...} in dvd quality
http://{...}.com/r6w9kaqlsk3z.html
It's an .flv (Flash Video) 212mb at 400kbs

I kinda wish the subtitles had a black background because some words get washed out by the brighter scenes.