Audition

Hey if everyone knows of auditions for anything and loves the arts, please post them here! I mean who doesn't want to know about a good audition! :D

congratulations anna! the only time i've auditioned was for state choir(which i was horrible) and for school talent shows(at least i do well at them because i play the piano instead. :smiley: )

oh dana! ^_^ thanks

i felt really uncomfortable :( i showed up in my school uniform because i hadn't had time to change, only come straight there. i think i did okay, but i'm still worried...

AUDITION RULES:

1. Wear audition clothes! They should be comfortable, and appropriate.

2. Pick a good monologue! It would help if the monologue contributes somehow to the play, but not from the play you are auditioning for.

my first audition was horrible....i was tlakin to my friends and i diodnt know auditions were that day so i was rushed into the whole thing so of course i messed up and didnt get a part :( and then i couldnt do the next 2 plays b/c of soccer then they were ddoing Cinderella like my all time fav play but nooooo track has to be at the same time....so hopefully next year i will be able to do a play cuz i would luv to do one...but my friend says that the musicals are the better ones the other plays are so boring....so i dunno wut i will be doin next year hopefully i will make at least one ;)

so rule number 3. - if you feel rushed dont even go through with it, it juss makes you more nervous

My 9 year old cousin just auditioned for a Performing Arts School maybe I'll ask him for tips. He'd probably just say he has no idea. :lol:

Hope you make call backs!

i had an audition for some jazz band the other day lol. it was alrite but i was auditioning on saxophone and they made me play piano and do a pano audition too :S lol!!! strange... the last drama audition thing i did was for a musical and i wanted to be in the choir coz i really cant sing on my own. but in the audition they made me sing on my own. you can guess what happened. i didnt get a part lol. im an awful singer on my own hahaha!!

ah! why didn't i see this earlier? i was casting for my short film. well, i techinically still am casting for extras. PM me is you live in Santa Clara County and are interested. probably need to look like a high school student cuz the scene is a classroom scene. i also need people for the party scene.

ah! why didn't i see this earlier? i was so stressed this week cuz of filming and lots of roadblocks and technical difficulties. anyway, things worked out and we're about 90% done with filming. i love the bloopers, hehe. i think there's more behind-the-scenes and bloopers than the actual film. now i just need to find people who can edit...

wow, if i can finish this movie, i'd be SO happy!

wow, i think i totally bombed my audition. the film majors were looking for people to be in their final projects. so they said it would be good to prepare a monologue and the scripts will be available the day of.

so i chose and memorized a monolgue, and looked over the scripts when i got there and guess what? it was totally improv. they didnt need me to do the monologue or read from the script. i was so upset afterwards.

is it normal for them to do that in auditions?

Back