Australian Addicts 5

Hahaha probably!!

What don't you understand? Their accents or their sense of humour? Coz both are f**ked up!!

Agreed!

Source

AUSTRALIAN viewers will see top US programs such as House, Heroes and the controversial Californication within days of being aired in America from next month.
Changing media use and internet downloads means our free-to-air networks can no longer hold off airing new episodes for five months as is the norm at this time of the year.

The new TV series always air from September in the US but are usually not broadcast here until February when the new year ratings season begins.

However, a huge jump in internet downloads and general web chatter about programs, which generally have weekly cliffhangers, has forced Australian networks to change tactics.

It means local fans will will see the latest episodes within days or weeks of US viewers - but carries risks for Australian networks.

Channel 10 was quick to the trend last year with its doomsday Jericho series and the final series of The OC earlier this year.

Channel 9 has screened late-night episodes of Survivor close to the US air date but Channel 7 has upped the ante and will screen off-the-satellite episodes of Heroes and Prison Break from next month.

Both started out as monster hits in February with more than 2 million viewers months after airing in the US - but shed half their audiences as audiences sort to find out what was in store on the internet.

Figures reveal both were the most legally Australian downloaded programs from US sites this year - and Seven is experimenting by airing them so quickly.

Ten has gone further and will air Life, about a policeman wrongly sentenced for a crime he didn't commit, and Californication from late next month.

The latter stars David Duchovny as a sex-addicted novelist and contains extreme language, nudity and attitude.

But the risk is both of Ten's shows have not yet been aired in the US and could be axed within weeks of what is the US's new season.

Ten will also broadcast fresh episodes of sure fire hit House to boost its end of year ratings.

Both networks series will break during summer non-ratings period and return in February.

But the downside is that both will have first-half year holes in their schedules next year when the series would otherwise air.

"There are certain shows which have such a global buzz that audiences are connected to and we have to dip our toe in the water this way to see what happens," a Seven spokesman said."

Oh sure....this is gonna last a "long" time :mellow:

Well it's really about time, Australian TV programming truly is terrible. How long we have to wait for new shows, then they'll show 3 episodes and either move it, or put it on hold for a few weeks.. Pisses me off..

I'll continue to watch them through my.. erm.. online telepathic capabilities.

LOL same here! It's better for me to watch them telepathically because I work at night and I can't always record them.
Plus the other way its in HD and I can watch it more than once whenever I like :smiley: Very convenient!

Sage, I seriously recommend you telepathically tune into Burn Notice! It's the new Alias, and its amazing!!! There are 8 episodes already...you'll have the best time catching up... I DID ;)

hahaha, alright no dramas, i'll telepathically check it out.

So how's things luce? I got to chat to the busy-as-all-hell Rach the other week, so doesn't seem right unless I ask what you been up to as well. :smiley:

Hahaha, well I'm just about to achieve Positronic Distillation of Sub-atomic particles, but sure I can chat for a minute!!

Other than my scientific discoveries life is pretty same old, working like a nutter coz I'm off to New Zealand for 2 weeks next Wednesday with a friend from work, just for a holiday you know, shits and giggles, the usual!!! I'm so excited, I just wanna go already!!!!!

I'm in the market for a new car...and it IS going to be a Jeep Wrangler, preferrably Black and automatic - only coz I'm lazy and I can eat while I drive if I don't have to be changing gears :lol: , its all about the food factor - but there are literally hundreds of them for sale, so I don't think that'll be too hard!!! YAY for me!!! How's your beast going? And life? You're still working, breathing, eating?

Hahaha, well I'm just about to achieve Positronic Distillation of Sub-atomic particles, but sure I can chat for a minute!!
Oh what rubbish, everyone knows you can't achieve Positronic Distillation of Sub-atomic particles...

You'd better be writing the white-paper documenting your research too then bitch. I don't want to have to go through the whole R&D process myself. :D

Other than my scientific discoveries life is pretty same old, working like a nutter coz I'm off to New Zealand for 2 weeks next Wednesday with a friend from work, just for a holiday you know, shits and giggles, the usual!!! I'm so excited, I just wanna go already!!!!!

Oh wow that's awesome! I haven't been to NZ since 2002 and I was only there for business, only had one night to myself and I went to watch a rugby game and pub it up. :smiley:

Wouldn't mind heading back there sometime to actually see the sites. You're goona have so much fun! :D

I'm in the market for a new car...and it IS going to be a Jeep Wrangler, preferrably Black and automatic - only coz I'm lazy and I can eat while I drive if I don't have to be changing gears :lol: , its all about the food factor - but there are literally hundreds of them for sale, so I don't think that'll be too hard!!! YAY for me!!! How's your beast going? And life? You're still working, breathing, eating?
Black? With chrome mags? You pimp!

Ya my car is still purring along thanks :blush: Haven't had a problem with her since I got it. Eeryone loves her, everyone gets out of her way, it's great.

Working, yup, still at the dept education, it's good. I actually got to spy it up like I was on Alias yesterday hehe... that was pretty awesome. Breathing is fine, haven't had any drama there.. yet. And of course eating, enjoying the many fine eateries in the loca area and around Sydney. Yum! ^_^

Yeah, so I'm a failed scientist, rub it in PLEASE!!!

LOL, funny you should mention spying.....I was following this road train home the other day, stupid ppl that can't pass bicycles :angry: Anyway, so this woman in front of me swerved a cars width into oncoming traffic, so I gave her a little honk like a "what are you doing you crazy lady?" sort of thing. So a little further up the road she pulled over and I drove past her, then I thought well fine, so I pulled over to let her back past...and she indicated with me, like she was gonna get out and beat me up :lol: So I kept driving, she was totally gonna follow me to my house.......so I drove down the street before mine, turned left, then left again and got back to the highway, turned left and did the same thing over again! I was taking her in circles and she was still following me. But she was getting behind me a fair way, so after the second left hander, I turned my headlights off and ducked right into a cul-de-sac. I sunk into my seat and she drove right past me.

It was so freaky, my heart was racing, but in that moment I was soooo glad I'd watched Alias so many times!!! It really came in handy!!!!!! People are crazy, road rage is getting out of control. If you honk at someone in Melbourne, they're like "alright I'm going" THEY GET OVER IT, but no in Tassie where its all green pastures and trotting horses, they go all Anna Espinosa on your ass!!! It's insane.

Anyhoo [/rant].

Have to go now, I have a dinner date............ have a lovely day!!!

Sage said:
Black? With chrome mags? You pimp!

:P Oh yeah, sure, why not........

Yeah, but there are some autos! There's one in Coburg that we can hopefully go look at, you can drive that!!! 128000kms - almost too many :mellow: for $12,000! Good price.....

Yeah, so I'm a failed scientist, rub it in PLEASE!!!
Sowwie... :thinking:

LOL, funny you should mention spying.....I was following this road train home the other day, stupid ppl that can't pass bicycles :angry: Anyway, so this woman in front of me swerved a cars width into oncoming traffic, so I gave her a little honk like a "what are you doing you crazy lady?" sort of thing. So a little further up the road she pulled over and I drove past her, then I thought well fine, so I pulled over to let her back past...and she indicated with me, like she was gonna get out and beat me up :lol: So I kept driving, she was totally gonna follow me to my house.......so I drove down the street before mine, turned left, then left again and got back to the highway, turned left and did the same thing over again! I was taking her in circles and she was still following me. But she was getting behind me a fair way, so after the second left hander, I turned my headlights off and ducked right into a cul-de-sac. I sunk into my seat and she drove right past me.

It was so freaky, my heart was racing, but in that moment I was soooo glad I'd watched Alias so many times!!! It really came in handy!!!!!! People are crazy, road rage is getting out of control. If you honk at someone in Melbourne, they're like "alright I'm going" THEY GET OVER IT, but no in Tassie where its all green pastures and trotting horses, they go all Anna Espinosa on your ass!!! It's insane.

Anyhoo [/rant].
Aww that really sucks, sorry to hear that. I've been followed before, I just drove to the cop shop, they didn't follow me in for some reason. Guess they weren't as "in the right" as they thought.. Hmm.

Here's my story...

There's a building for the place I work that my team used to manage the infrastructure of, but not anymore. It's been taken over by a cruel, twisted and evil site manager, who loves nothing more than to cause trouble.

We'd recieved some intel stating that no support staff were going to be on site today, as the site manager was at training and the other staff members were either helping with interviews or other tasks...

What a day for two of their servers to go down right?

So I've raced over there while the big boss sends this site manager an e-mail basically saying "What the f***.. why is no one there?"

Just as I'm parking my car, I get a call saying that she is there, the intel was bad, but to proceed doing what I came to do, just don't be seen...

I took the stairs in order to avoid familiar faces and the cameras monitoring the lift doors on level two. As I approach the double glass security doors, I notice one of the support personnel in a meeting room. I swipe my pass and enter, twisting my body in a way to avoid the camera and the view of the meeting room.

I turn around another corner and I can see it, the door to the server room. I get my access card ready to quickly swipe my way in. Suddenly my heart jumps, I can hear the shrill voice of the site manager, I can't see her but I avoid her by entering a nearby meeting room, cursing that we recieved faulty intel. Fortunately this room has a door to the other side of the office and I use it to escape detection. I have to now go the long way to gain access to the server room.

Walking with a confidence befitting someone that was meant to be there, my inconspicuous "Blooregard Q. Kazoo" t-shirt and I manage to avoid any further mishaps and get to the server room door. I swipe my pass and enter.

The lights are off, this is dangerous for a server room. I switch them on, realising that this is a beacon that something is amiss for the site manager if she happens by. I push these thoughts out of my mind as I approach the server racks. The two servers are in seperate racks, each one with a monitor, keyboard and mouse which you can use to control each server in that rack.

The first server is powered on, all lights are green. I check on the monitor, nothing... It's turned off, "Honestly" I remark, "who turns off lights and monitors in a server room?" Not only is this site manager insane, she's a greeny too. Absolutely nothing at all to like about this woman.

I work quickly, still seeking to complete my mission and avoid detection, the server has hung ..didn't come back from the last set of windows updates. I hard boot it and move on to the next one. After switching the monitor on for this rack ("Honestly!" I complain again), I'm surprised to find this server in a running state, nothing seems wrong with it, apart from it can't connect to anything and nothing can connect to it.

I quickly move to the back of the server to have a look at the network connection, no lights are on to indicate any sort of connection although there is a network cable plugged in. I attempt to work my way through the brothel of intertwined cabled to trace where the other end of this cord is plugged in, but to no avail.

I decide that time is of the essence and discard this cable, grabbing a new one from the cabinets. Using this cable, I plug one end into the server, passing the cable neatly through the patch panel and into a switch so it can connect to the network.

Success, the network connection is lit up and can be seen again. Meanwhile the other server has come up also. I txt my boss saying mission complete and leave the server room, remembering to turn off the monitors and lights on my way out.

Only one thing now stood between me and a clean exit, I seriously had to pee. I'd needed to pee since before I left the office. I made a quick stop in the mens room, did my thing, washed my hands and headed back down the stairs towards my car and freedom.

I reach the car cleanly and as a bonus, did not have to pay for parking as I was less than a half hour.

I had to return to my office to ascertain what had occured and then brief the boss, but it was a mission accomplished.

This is part of my life, but I haven't had to do it so undercover before. I felt just like Sydney Bristow...

JACK! I mean Jack Bristow.. Hehe cos Sydney Bristow's a girl, that'd be weird right?
Have to go now, I have a dinner date............ have a lovely day!!!
:P Oh yeah, sure, why not........
Oooooh a date?... Do tell.

ETA: So apparently I've quoted too much, so you're in bold and I'm regular text!

Sowwie... :thinking:
Aww that really sucks, sorry to hear that. I've been followed before, I just drove to the cop shop, they didn't follow me in for some reason. Guess they weren't as "in the right" as they thought.. Hmm.

:mellow: Yeah, had there been one close by I would have done that!! My cousin was being chased on foot one day through Melb and he just ran straight into the cop shop, and the pursueer followed him.....IDIOT :P

Sage said:
Here's my story...

........oh now this should be good!! FALLING DOWN ANYBODY?!?!!

Sage said:
Just as I'm parking my car, I get a call saying that she is there, the intel was bad, but to proceed doing what I came to do, just don't be seen...

Well, these things happen. felgercarb happens, people die and you get bad intel........what the felgercarb is happening to international intelligence these days, its just all going to hell, honestly........ :angry:

I took the stairs in order to avoid familiar faces and the cameras monitoring the lift doors on level two. As I approach the double glass security doors, I notice one of the support personnel in a meeting room. I swipe my pass and enter, twisting my body in a way to avoid the camera and the view of the meeting room.

Oh sure, sure, I can see that :whistle: Those damn motion detection cameras, there's really no way around them. I spose the only advice Marshall gave you was to just take a really big gun, the one thing you never wanna hear from the technical operations genious. You're really up felgercarb creek when he was no advice for you.......

Walking with a confidence befitting someone that was meant to be there, my inconspicuous "Blooregard Q. Kazoo" t-shirt and I manage to avoid any further mishaps and get to the server room door. I swipe my pass and enter.

Geez, Marshall was really off his game that day.... a "Blooregard Q. Kazoo" tshirt was the best he could do :mellow: Well......sucks to be you.

The two servers are in seperate racks, each one with a monitor, keyboard and mouse which you can use to control each server in that rack.

Good description, I can sooo see that now, like in Alias when they all break into CIA headquarters....NIIIIICE!!

The first server is powered on, all lights are green. I check on the monitor, nothing... It's turned off, "Honestly" I remark, "who turns off lights and monitors in a server room?" Not only is this site manager insane, she's a greeny too. Absolutely nothing at all to like about this woman.

SERIOUSLY? Bloody greenies. There is just no reasoning with them. They're so "we're right, you're assholes" I mean COME ON!! Move with the times here people!!

I txt my boss saying mission complete and leave the server room, remembering to turn off the monitors and lights on my way out.

Coz every good geeky spy uses text messages to communicate....what happened to the super cool comms system?! You know the awesome plug in your ear? Geez spring for some gear already :nonono:

Only one thing now stood between me and a clean exit, I seriously had to pee. I'd needed to pee since before I left the office. I made a quick stop in the mens room, did my thing, washed my hands and headed back down the stairs towards my car and freedom.

:lol: CLASSIC! Not once was that an issue in Alias it really was the most unrealistic show ever!! Needless to say, I'm glad you washed your hands, most men don't and that's just EW!

This is part of my life, but I haven't had to do it so undercover before. I felt just like Sydney Bristow...
JACK! I mean Jack Bristow.. Hehe cos Sydney Bristow's a girl, that'd be weird right?

Isn't that just the best feeling?! Well it is for me, why you'd wanna feel like a woman is a little odd, but I can accept it.

Oooooh a date?... Do tell.

Um....it was with my best friend Lauren!! Hahahahahaha, trust me if I was on a real date, I'd tell you!

Luce, i'm completely ADDICTED to Burn Notice!!! The mother in the first eps reminded me of my mum, it was hilarious, when she got out of the car after he drove her to the hospital. For some reason now I have an urge to learn self defence and build a listening device... hmmm... i guess there could be worse things. I love all the spy tips too, they're awsome. I've learnt so much already, lol :P

I'll stop going on about it now, but how funny was the fight between Michael and Fiona, "omg, i'm sorry!" when he accidently hit her. Although I wish she would put a bra on half the time, is it meant to be a male-orientated show?!

There are so many good quotes too, I kept thinking "can I put this on a tshirt?"....

Oh, the Jeep thing. I think you could get a better car than that one you were looking at, it did have a lot of kms on it, just depends how much you want to pay. I'd go for something a bit newer coz you kindda down grading from the car you have now. I saw these pretty red ones on the net, like 2006 models or something but they were manual. I so would have gone into debt for one! The new ones have dual roofs so the hard tops can be removed, it's awsome.

YAY!! It's like the best show ever! I just watched the new one last night, it was awesome too! Tho the Asian guy was shitting me off coz he was such a bad actor...I thought he might have been doing it deliberately coz he was setting Michael up, but he was just terrible by accident :lol:

I KNOW, don't you just wanna go buy a cheap ass mobile phone and build a listening device out of it?! DUDE! I soo wanna do that. Perhaps that can be our little project in September? :P

Hahaha, I keep thinking the same thing!! Every line, I'm like "now how would that look on a shirt?!" :mellow: We're way to into this cafepress thing, but its sooooo fun!! I thought of a new one for GG: "Green's the new pink?!" HAHAHAHA YAY!!

Just got your message, BURN NOTICE SHIRTS: GENIOUS!!! I'd soo buy one!!

Yeah the Jeep thing, I think if I'm gonna voluntarily put myself into debt I'd want it to be for a good car. If I'm gonna cheat on my Hyundai I want it to be with a sexier younger car!!!!!! LOL, now that's a quote from something but I can't remember what.... hmmm :Ponder:

I'm going to watch them again and write down the funny quotes to put on the shirts. I wanna buy some of the shirts but alter them so that our big logo is on the back with the URL on it so i can promote as well as look stylish :P

Speaking of, I wore my promo shirt to work yesterday and no one said anything, I was hoping at least one person would ask but it didn't happen :(

I stayed up late friday waiting for it to finish because I wanted to watch it straight away even though I had to get up early for work the next day... addicted! I don't like this whole waiting a whole week for a new ep either! I watched the 8 of them in 2 days, now it's just cruel to make me wait!

You can actually make listening devices without phones, my cousin's bf was making one years ago with a microphone and a square battery. Who can we bug?? Lol.

I'm not going to update my car until I can do it without borrowing money again, I hate being in debt.

Back